Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Premier League Season 2017/18

(10-13-2017, 04:10 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:43 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So, after the International Break, the Premier League is back!
Thank god, International football is soooooooo boring!!

This weeks Premier League fixtures are as follows:

Saturday:

Liverpool v Manchester United
Burnley v West Ham
Crystal Palace v Chelsea
Manchester City v Stoke
Swansea v Huddersfield
Tottenham v Bournemouth
Watford v Arsenal

Sunday:

Brighton v Everton
Southampton v Newcastle

Monday:

Leicester v West Brom
It is about to get really boring for us considering we just lost to Trinidad and are now out of the world cup.

I see it this way.. England are never going to win the World Cup anyway, so when we inevitably go out, the World Cup becomes far more watchable!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Early kick off ends:

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United

3pm (UK time)

Burnley 1-1 West Ham
Crystal Palace 2-1 Chelsea
Manchester City 7-2 Stoke
Tottenham 1-0 Bournemouth
Swansea 2-0 Huddersfield

5.30pm:

Watford 2-1 Arsenal (LOL)

Today:

Brighton 1-1 Everton
Southampton 2-2 Newcastle

(10-14-2017, 12:39 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Crystal Palace 2-1 Chelsea

While my Bournemouth team expectedly lost to Tottenham, I was happy to see Crystal Palace final got a win this season, especially when I thought there was no hope in site vs Chelsea.   

It's more important that CP doesn't get relegated since my son sports his Crystal Palace jersey and sweatshirt around Atlanta (Georgia Tech) where there is actually a CP following and local pub where the CP matches are shown.

(10-16-2017, 09:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 12:39 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Crystal Palace 2-1 Chelsea

While my Bournemouth team expectedly lost to Tottenham, I was happy to see Crystal Palace final got a win this season, especially when I thought there was no hope in site vs Chelsea.   

It's more important that CP doesn't get relegated since my son sports his Crystal Palace jersey and sweatshirt around Atlanta (Georgia Tech) where there is actually a CP following and local pub where the CP matches are shown.

That's a really random team to have a following over there for. Is there an affiliation there, or is it just a team to pick up and root for?

Friday:

West Ham 0-3 Brighton

Saturday:

Chelsea 4-2 Watford
Huddersfield 2-1 Manchester United
Manchester City 3-0 Burnley
Newcastle 1-0 Crystal Palace
Stoke 1-2 Bournemouth
Swansea 1-2 Leicester

Todays games:

Everton v Arsenal
Tottenham v Liverpool

So I can't see anyone other than Manchester City winning the Premier League now. Scoring 32 goals in 9 games and only conceding 4 whilst doing so. They have so much strength in depth that you could take out 3-4 key players and they'd still score a bucket load of goals. I think it's safe to say that anyone who finishes above them will win the league.

At the bottom of the table, I can see Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Swansea all going down. I know it's looking bleak for West Ham and Everton right now, but I think they have the quality and resources to get themselves out of trouble, whether that's with the squad that they have or through investment in January when the transfer window opens.

Huge results this weekend for Huddersfield & Brighton, the two teams to have never played in the Premier League before, I'm hoping that this gives them the confidence to keep grinding and churning out really good results.

Everton 2-5 Arsenal
Tottenham 4-1 Liverpool

(10-16-2017, 09:48 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: While my Bournemouth team expectedly lost to Tottenham, I was happy to see Crystal Palace final got a win this season, especially when I thought there was no hope in site vs Chelsea.   

That's a really random team to have a following over there for. Is there an affiliation there, or is it just a team to pick up and root for?

Atlanta is pretty diverse so I'd imagine their local population that immigrated from South London (or just here on business) is sufficient enough to have a pub dedicated to show their games and have a local following.  I was surprised as well but it's pretty cool to think that not everyone jumps on the Manchester, Chelsea, or Arsenal bandwagons.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 02:43 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Nice win for Bournemouth over Stoke.

Relegation is interesting this season because Newcastle, Huddersfield, and Brighton have all gotten off to pretty good starts.  Unfortunately, that seems to be were my focus is each year.

I think I'll root for Tottenham to win it all (out of the top teams right now).

Beating West Ham 3-0 was superb, I travelled up to London for the game. Good times.

(10-23-2017, 02:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:48 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: That's a really random team to have a following over there for. Is there an affiliation there, or is it just a team to pick up and root for?

Atlanta is pretty diverse so I'd imagine their local population that immigrated from South London (or just here on business) is sufficient enough to have a pub dedicated to show their games and have a local following.  I was surprised as well but it's pretty cool to think that not everyone jumps on the Manchester, Chelsea, or Arsenal bandwagons.

Yeah absolutely.. it's frustrating to see so many jerseys from the 'big teams'. It's quite nice to see a random one from time to time..

Manchester United 1-0 Tottenham
West Brom 2-3 Manchester City
Watford 0-1 Stoke
Bournemouth 0-1 Chelsea
Crystal Palace 2-2 West Ham
Liverpool 3-0 Huddersfield
Arsenal 2-1 Swansea..

Todays games:

Brighton v Southampton
Leicester v Everton

Tomorrow:

Burnley v Newcastle.

What a good weekend.

Chelsea beat manure
Jags beat the bengals
FSU beat Syracuse(didnt see that coming)
and the gators lost.

I dont get them like that very often.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 03:31 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-08-2017, 12:01 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: What a good weekend.

Chelsea beat manure
Jags beat the bengals
FSU beat Syracuse(didnt see that coming)
and the gators lost.

I dont get them like that very often.

Terrible week for FSU, the University.

So Bilic finally got fired and Moyes was hired.

Truth be told I was real annoyed when Moyes was announced but the more I think about it ans the more I read up the more I like it.
His last 3 jobs have been bad but with Everton he built a great team.

All we need him to do is to get our defense organised, push the players harder and get us going again. Seems well capable for that. As long as he keeps us up im happy. I don't care what the football looks like.

(11-08-2017, 11:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: So Bilic finally got fired and Moyes was hired.  

Truth be told I was real annoyed when Moyes was announced but the more I think about it ans the more I read up the more I like it.  

All we need him to do is to get our defense organised, push the players harder and get us going again. Seems well capable for that. As long as he keeps us up im happy. I don't care what the football looks like.

Absolutely agree... too many fans whinge about 'The West Ham Way'.... for me, it's a case of getting results and worrying about the style of football later..

Moyes is a decent appointment as long as the only expectancy is to stay up. I think there are far worse teams in the Premier League for West Ham to go down..

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 04:19 PM by DarloJAG84.)

This weeks fixtures:

Saturday:

Arsenal v Tottenham
Crystal Palace v Everton
Liverpool v Southampton
Leicester v Manchester City
West Brom v Chelsea
Bournemouth v Huddersfield
Burnley v Swansea
Manchester United v Newcastle

Sunday:

Watford v West Ham

Monday:

Brighton v Stoke

(11-10-2017, 01:28 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 11:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: So Bilic finally got fired and Moyes was hired.  

Absolutely agree... too many fans whinge about 'The West Ham Way'.... for me, it's a case of getting results and worrying about the style of football later..

Moyes is a decent appointment as long as the only expectancy is to stay up. I think there are far worse teams in the Premier League for West Ham to go down..

Yeah the "west ham way" is a complete myth. West ham fans are delusional and still think we're in the 1980s. I don't care how we play as long as we win. 

He'll keep us up, I'm confident of that. Beyond that who knows

Liverpool 3-0 Southampton
Crystal Palace 2-2 Everton
Liverpool 3-0 Southampton
Leicester 0-2 Man City
West Brom 0-4 Chelsea
Bournemouth 4-0 Huddersfield
Burnley 2-0 Swansea
Man United 4-1 Newcastle..

So, Manchester City sit 8 points clear at the top of the Premier League table having scored 40 and conceded 7 in 12 games. The festive period is historically congested with games and anyone who wants to catch up with City will have to hope that Father Christmas is not rooting for them. City (like all teams) have 7 games from mid December to early January with games being played on 13th, 16th, 19th, 23rd, 27th, 31st and January 2nd.

It's not looking particularly good for Everton, 12 points from 12 games with only 3 wins.

West Ham are sitting in the relegation zone, but can jump out with a win away at Watford today. Personally, I think the appointment of David Moyes will boost them and they will survive..

With almost a third of the season gone, my predictions for final standings are:

Winners: Manchester City
2nd-4th: Manchester United, Chelsea & Tottenham
Relegated: Crystal Palace, Swansea & West Brom.