Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Premier League Season 2017/18

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017, 12:38 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Bournemouth is back.

It's now or never for Crystal Palace -- Zaha is healthy and they have a very favorable schedule through the next 7 matches in 2018
-Stoke
-Brighton
-West Brom
-Bournemoth
-Whatford
-LC
-Swansea (12/23)

My prediction is CP comes away with 12 points and at least closes the gap with West Brom, West Ham, and Swansea.   Also think Huddersfield has the potential to collapse.

Relegation prediction
Swansea
Huddersfield
West Ham (the have MC, Chelsea, and Arsenal coming up between Dec 3 and Dec 13)

Wow... just checked the EFL Championship League and Fulham, Reading, Hull City, and Sunderland are all at the bottom of the table.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-20-2017, 12:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Bournemouth is back.

It's now or never for Crystal Palace -- Zaha is healthy and they have a very favorable schedule through the next 7 matches in 2018
-Stoke
-Brighton
-West Brom
-Bournemoth
-Whatford
-LC
-Swansea (12/23)

My prediction is CP comes away with 12 points and at least closes the gap with West Brom, West Ham, and Swansea.   Also think Huddersfield has the potential to collapse.

Relegation prediction
Swansea
Huddersfield
West Ham (the have MC, Chelsea, and Arsenal coming up between Dec 3 and Dec 13)

Wow... just checked the EFL Championship League and Fulham, Reading, Hull City, and Sunderland are all at the bottom of the table.

It's too early in the season for me to say. there is a possibility that any team at the bottom could make a run. I mean they are not even half way through the schedule. There is alot of point let to grab. I think West Ham will pull it together at some point and probably escape relegation. 

The i think CP will start to get it together. They have missed Zaha quite a bit. 

Unfortunately i dont think that fulham is going to sniff the EPL for a while. But at this point in the year, it is too early to tell. they only thing that i think you can say comfortably is that ManC is probably going to finish on top.

(11-20-2017, 12:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Bournemouth is back.

-Stoke - Win
-Brighton - Tie 
-West Brom - Tie
-Bournemoth
-Whatford
-LC
-Swansea (12/23)

Relegation prediction
Swansea
Huddersfield
West Ham
(the have MC, Chelsea, and Arsenal coming up between Dec 3 and Dec 13)

3 Matches later... let's revisit my relegation predictions Smile
CP has 5 points in the last 3 matches (Win, Tie, Tie)
Huddersfield has been outscored 9-1 in 3 straight losses
West Ham 2 losses and a tie in their last 3 matches.

This weeks games:
Saturday:

West Ham v Chelsea
Tottenham v Stoke
Burnley v Watford
Swansea v West Brom
Crystal Palace v Bournemouth
Huddersfield v Brighton
Newcastle v Leicester

Sunday:

Southampton v Arsenal
Liverpool v Everton (Merseyside Derby)
Manchester United v Manchester City (Manchester Derby)

The last match of the weekend is an intriguing one.. Manchester City are, in no doubt, flying high but have stalled against a few lesser teams recently (West Ham & Southampton). I am totally aware that they won both of those games, but with Manchester United coming back into form, will City have the chances they did against Southampton or West Ham if they find themselves behind? A much needed goal and assist for Romelu Lukaku in the midweek Champions League game makes this even tastier.. should be a decent game!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

West Ham 1-0 Chelsea..

Did not see that coming, huge result for the Hammers!

Burnley 1-0 Watford
Crystal Palace 2-2 Bournemouth
Huddersfield 2-0 Brighton
Swansea 1-0 West Brom
Tottenham 5-1 Stoke

Newcastle 2-3 Leicester

Southampton 1-1 Arsenal
Liverpool 1-1 Everton
Manchester United 1-2 Manchester City

14 consecutive wins for City now.. I think that's the title race over..

Man City pretty much wrapped up the points title with their win over ManU this past weekend.

Crystal Palace blew the game vs Bournemouth Saturday when Benteke decided that he'd take the penalty kick and failed. What an idiot, given he is not the designated penalty kicker on the team.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/201...miss-farce

(12-03-2017, 10:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 12:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: It's now or never for Crystal Palace -- Zaha is healthy and they have a very favorable schedule through the next 7 matches in 2018
-Stoke - Win
-Brighton - Tie 
-West Brom - Tie
-Bournemoth - Tie
-Whatford - Win
-LC (12/16)
-Swansea (12/23)

Relegation prediction
Swansea
Huddersfield
West Ham
(the have MC, Chelsea, and Arsenal coming up between Dec 3 and Dec 13)

Prediction going strong ...
1) CP scored 9 points thus far in their 5 game span (W-T-T-T-W)
2) Huddersfield falling fast (L-L-L-W-L).

Midweek results:

Burnley 1-0 Stoke
Huddersfield 1-3 Chelsea
Crystal Palace 2-1 Watford
Southampton 1-4 Leicester
Swansea 0-4 Man City
Man United 1-0 Bournemouth
West Ham 0-0 Arsenal
Newcastle 0-1 Everton
Tottenham 2-0 Brighton
Liverpool 0-0 West Brom

Everton back up to mid-table, very good after a shaky start..

Last weekends results:

Leicester 0-3 Crystal Palace
Watford 1-4 Huddersfield
Chelsea 1-0 Southampton
Man City 4-1 Tottenham
Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool
Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle
Brighton 0-0 Burnley
Stoke 0-3 West Ham
West Brom 1-2 Man United
Everton 3-1 Swansea

This weeks fixtures:

Friday:

Arsenal v Liverpool

Saturday:

Brighton v Watford
Southampton v Huddersfield
West Ham v Newcastle
Burnley v Tottenham
Everton v Chelsea
Man City v Bournemouth
Stoke v West Brom
Swansea v Crystal Palace
Leicester v Man United

Busy festive period of Premier League fixtures and result.. rounded up to date below:

Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool
Everton 0-0 Chelsea
Brighton 1-0 Watford
Man City 4-0 Bournemouth
Southampton 1-0 Huddersfield
Stoke 3-1 West Brom
Swansea 1-1 Crystal Palace
West Ham 2-3 Newcastle
Burnley 0-3 Tottenham
Leicester 2-2 Man United

Tottenham 5-2 Southampton
Bournemouth 3-3 West Ham
Chelsea 2-0 Brighton
Huddersfield 1-1 Stoke
Man United 2-2 Burnley
Watford 2-1 Leicester
West Brom 0-0 Everton
Liverpool 5-0 Swansea
Newcastle 0-1 Man City

Tonight:

Crystal Palace v Arsenal

Saturday:

Bournemouth v Everton
Chelsea v Stoke
Huddersfield v Burnley
Liverpool v Leicester
Newcastle v Brighton
Watford v Swanswa
Man United v Southampton

Sunday:

Crystal Palace v Man City
West Brom v Arsenal

Sucks the season is already over tbh

(12-29-2017, 04:36 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Sucks the season is already over tbh

The bottom of the table is always more interesting than the top..

Very true Darlo, very true! Course the one week I say the season is over they draw Crystal Palace hahaha seems about right

What the hell has happen to stoke city. I love my blues but they are not a 5-0 team on anyone.

(01-03-2018, 01:44 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: What the hell has happen to stoke city. I love my blues but they are not a 5-0 team on anyone.

They were talking about this on Goal Zone the other day.  Looks like they got rid of their goal scorers in favor of defenders and it isn't working.  I'm not an expert on this but the transfers are listed in the link below 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stoke-ci...verein/512

(01-03-2018, 12:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 01:44 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: What the hell has happen to stoke city. I love my blues but they are not a 5-0 team on anyone.

They were talking about this on Goal Zone the other day.  Looks like they got rid of their goal scorers in favor of defenders and it isn't working.  I'm not an expert on this but the transfers are listed in the link below 

They are using Crouch as their main striker. a 36 y/o 6foot9 walking header. May not sound all that bad in some sports, but sort of stupid in this case. I mean he has his uses. but they probably shouldn't be the main resort.

Stoke in generally a well ran, mid table team. but i think they have gotten the raw end of a few of their more pricey transfers.

(01-04-2018, 04:04 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 12:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: They were talking about this on Goal Zone the other day.  Looks like they got rid of their goal scorers in favor of defenders and it isn't working.  I'm not an expert on this but the transfers are listed in the link below 

They are using Crouch as their main striker. a 36 y/o 6foot9 walking header. May not sound all that bad in some sports, but sort of stupid in this case. I mean he has his uses. but they probably shouldn't be the main resort.

Stoke in generally a well ran, mid table team. but i think they have gotten the raw end of a few of their more pricey transfers.

Peter Crouch is a good solid centre forward. I'd use him in the 'big man/little man' scenario.. kick it long, have Crouch head it on and a shorter striker playing off him to pick up the scraps.. he's no way a first choice striker.

Problem with Stoke is, they've gotten used to mid-table Premier League football. I'd love to see them invest in trying to push on into the top half. I mean, sure, they're not likely to compete with the big teams.. but I guess most people said that about Leicester a few years ago..