Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com and social media

Apparently, you can't have one without the other. 

I do not have an account at any of the "social media" sites that appear on Jaguars.com.  These include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Vine, Pinterest, Snapchat and LinkedIn.  I don't have a YouTube or Gmail account. 

And, none of the videos on Jaguars.com will play in my browser - any browser, actually.  Even a freshly-installed browser failed to play videos on Jaguars.com.  It's not a technical problem with video playback, since the ads play back perfectly.  The ad ends but the video content never begins.

I remember when the Jags said they were changing their website to "embrace" social media more.  They didn't mention they would be blocking content if the user is not on social media.  So, here is one lifelong Jaguar fan who will be a rare visitor to the Jaguars site going forward.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It probably is a technical problem with video playback; using an anonymous browser window (not logged into any social media) the videos work fine from here.

Are you at work where your boss has video playback blocked or something?

I have full control of the PC and software. Like I said, the ads play fine. Note that the social media icons are on every page of the Jaguars site. On my browser, they are all greyed out. Do the icons "light up" if you have an account on the various social sites?

(08-03-2017, 11:51 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I have full control of the PC and software.  Like I said, the ads play fine.  Note that the social media icons are on every page of the Jaguars site.  On my browser, they are all greyed out.  Do the icons "light up" if you have an account on the various social sites?

IDK... they are all grey on mine but light up when I cross over them with a mouse.

Videos play OK for me... So I'm not sure what issues you're having. I don't have any of my social media accounts (the few I do have) linked to their site in any way...

Having social media accounts or not has no bearing on the media playing. Your problems are elsewhere

(08-03-2017, 11:51 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I have full control of the PC and software.  Like I said, the ads play fine.  Note that the social media icons are on every page of the Jaguars site.  On my browser, they are all greyed out.  Do the icons "light up" if you have an account on the various social sites?

No. They light up when you mouse over, whether you have accounts there or not. Clicking them takes you to the relevant social site, and if that requires login, prompts you to login or register. Again, videos work just fine without social accounts here.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 12:51 PM by Jagwired.)

Isn't it obvious? It's a total blackout for all non-conformists. The Jags have singled you out. They simply do not like you.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-03-2017, 12:48 PM)Jagwired Wrote: They simply do not like you.

Does anyone really?

One should have deduced that I'm not here for "likes". If you need a friend, buy a dog.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 04:16 PM by Jagwired.)

Check it out. This is a cool video.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...ad531cbf89
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I had an issue in the past viewing videos on Jaguars.com. It was only on one device. I no longer use that device and haven't had a problem since. I want to say it had something to do with adobe or flash player or something. I'm not a techy guy and it's over my head. So maybe it wasn't that at all. So I guess that's a long way of saying, 'I dunno.' But that video Jagwired posted was AWESOME! You're so missing out. I can't believe they got Tom Coughlin to wear a dress because he lost lunch today to Marrone.

(08-03-2017, 10:37 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Apparently, you can't have one without the other. 

I do not have an account at any of the "social media" sites that appear on Jaguars.com.  These include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Vine, Pinterest, Snapchat and LinkedIn.  I don't have a YouTube or Gmail account. 

And, none of the videos on Jaguars.com will play in my browser - any browser, actually.  Even a freshly-installed browser failed to play videos on Jaguars.com.  It's not a technical problem with video playback, since the ads play back perfectly.  The ad ends but the video content never begins.

I remember when the Jags said they were changing their website to "embrace" social media more.  They didn't mention they would be blocking content if the user is not on social media.  So, here is one lifelong Jaguar fan who will be a rare visitor to the Jaguars site going forward.

Seriously? 1995 called and needs you back bro.  Maybe try checking out usenet, but don't hold your breath.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Try 1986 and the WELL.

(08-03-2017, 10:37 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Apparently, you can't have one without the other. 

What Operating System and browser are you using?  Are they both updated?

I have no problem viewing the videos on Jaguars.com using Linux and Chrome/Firefox as well as Windows 7 using Chrome.  I do have a flash blocker enabled on my browser so sometimes it takes an extra click in order to play the videos.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-03-2017, 04:16 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Check it out. This is a cool video.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...ad531cbf89

That was a pretty cool video.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

If I can watch videos on my Kindle which has Silk browser, you should be able to watch them on your device.

Can't watch Jaguar.com videos on my Android tablet, either. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and Opera on the Windows PC. It plays the ad fine, then shows the first frame of the video. Flash works fine on other sites. So scroom.

I rarely visit the site. After Vic left, it just wasn't the same anymore. I click on a link from this site on occasion, but that's about it.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.