Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pre-Season Rankings!

Coaches Poll

1. Alabama (49)
2.  Ohio St. (5)
3.  FSU (4)
4.  USC
5.  Clemson (7)
6.  Penn St.
7. Washington
8. Oklahoma
9. Michigan
10. Wisconson
11. Oklahoma St.
12. LSU
13. Auburn
14. Stanford
15. Georgia 
16. Florida
17. Louisville
18. Miami
19. Kansas State
20. West Virginia
21. South Florida
22. Virginia Tech
23. Texas
24. Tennessee
25. Utah
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 10:05 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

While it was nice to see some of the smaller schools like Boise St emerge in the past, right now I really love seeing the big time old-school universities like Bama, OSU, USC, and Michigan back in the top 10.  

Great non-conference match-ups in the opening 2 weeks .....
*FSU - Bama
*UF - Mich
*OSU - Oklahoma
*PSU - Pitt
*Clemson - Auburn
*WVU - Va Tech
*Georgia Tech - Tennessee
*Georgia - Notre Dame

I love my Gators...

But why are we 16th?

I hate preseason rankings, in general.

(08-04-2017, 10:28 AM)Kane Wrote: I love my Gators...

But why are we 16th?

One team I find especially intriguing is Oklahoma State. I'm a big fan of QB Mason Rudolph, who I will be scouting extra hard. Right, now, some people are ranking him behind some other high caliber QB prospects like Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield and Jake Browning, but for my money, I only have Sam Darnold ahead of Rudolph at this point. I'm gonna see how the season plays out and my overall rankings will undoubtedly change in some spots, but I'm excited to see how far he can take the Cowboys.

(08-04-2017, 02:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

But why are we 16th?

One team I find especially intriguing is Oklahoma State. I'm a big fan of QB Mason Rudolph, who I will be scouting extra hard. Right, now, some people are ranking him behind some other high caliber QB prospects like Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield and Jake Browning, but for my money, I only have Sam Darnold ahead of Rudolph at this point. I'm gonna see how the season plays out and my overall rankings will undoubtedly change in some spots, but I'm excited to see how far he can take the Cowboys.

No love for Luke Falk in your scouting...

I'm tellin ya people are sleeping on this kid.... watch him whenever you catch some Pac 12 games.
He absolutely torched Stanford last year.

I think he would have been a 2nd round selection this year. Could catapult to top 15 pick with a good senior campaign.

The only knock is the system, "air raid" QBs haven't fared so well in the NFL to date...

But I like what I've seen from his as a QB

(08-04-2017, 03:27 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 02:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: One team I find especially intriguing is Oklahoma State. I'm a big fan of QB Mason Rudolph, who I will be scouting extra hard. Right, now, some people are ranking him behind some other high caliber QB prospects like Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield and Jake Browning, but for my money, I only have Sam Darnold ahead of Rudolph at this point. I'm gonna see how the season plays out and my overall rankings will undoubtedly change in some spots, but I'm excited to see how far he can take the Cowboys.

No love for Luke Falk in your scouting...

I'm tellin ya people are sleeping on this kid.... watch him whenever you catch some Pac 12 games.
He absolutely torched Stanford last year.

I think he would have been a 2nd round selection this year. Could catapult to top 15 pick with a good senior campaign.

The only knock is the system, "air raid" QBs haven't fared so well in the NFL to date...

But I like what I've seen from his as a QB

I have nothing against the kid and will be watching him as well. I was just listing the QB's I've seen ahead of Rudolph in other rankings. I haven't seen Falk ahead of Rudolph in any preseason rankings, so I didn't list him. I will be looking at all QB's though, since we are likely to use a high pick on one in the next draft. I'm not dead set on any one guy at this point. I wanna see how the season shakes out.

(08-03-2017, 01:43 PM)TravC59 Wrote: Coaches Poll

1. Alabama (49)
2.  Ohio St. (5)
3.  FSU (4)
4.  USC
5.  Clemson (7)
6.  Penn St.
7. Washington
8. Oklahoma
9. Michigan
10. Wisconson
11. Oklahoma St.
12. LSU
13. Auburn
14. Stanford
15. Georgia 
16. Florida
17. Louisville
18. Miami
19. Kansas State
20. West Virginia
21. South Florida
22. Virginia Tech
23. Texas
24. Tennessee
25. Utah

Penn State #6 is crazy. McSorley is mad overrated. Barkley is a legit heisman type player but that Oline is too bad to get him there.

But why are we 16th?

don't worry, after week 1 they'll flip with Michigan and be at #9 

(08-09-2017, 01:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

But why are we 16th?

don't worry, after week 1 they'll flip with Michigan and be at #9 

My God I hope you're right...

The assembly of college teams is bogus . Thats why Purdue will never be great again.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 03:54 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-09-2017, 02:34 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: The assembly of college teams is bogus . Thats why Purdue will never be great again.

It's about getting a top level coach.    Dang engineers ... you're all worried about kids excelling the classroom like Georgia Tech (where my kid is currently enrolled)

If Purdue was willing to spend $7m on a coach, you'd be good.  Instead, your coach makes $300,000 freaking dollars as a base contract with academic achievements which are reachable and bogus football achievement incentives which will never happen. 

Check out the comprehensive list of Purdue coaches ..... it's terrible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pu...ll_coaches