Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Kaepernick

I would take zero issue if the Jaguars decided to sign him just as I take zero issue with the Jaguars not signing him.

I think he's been made into being this evil human being by some and I don't see that.

What I do wish, though, was that the players would just PLAY THE GAME.

You have a long offseason to push your social issues and by all means I wish you would. But on game day, you're doing a JOB and if I was an NFL owner I would expect you to do that job and not make your JOB a place to push your social agenda whatever it may be. I don't think that is the time or place and I think he is now paying for that. I think every owner has the right to not want that distraction. Game day, on the sidelines, is not the time or place for this.

I think he has talent. I think he gets one more chance eventually but I think as of now most if not all teams feel the distraction outweighs the potential gain of signing him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-21-2017, 03:24 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 11:39 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: See part of the problem is we live in our own little bubbles and we only take in what we want to take in that fits our narratives. He talks about it around the 5:00 minute mark although I would urge you to listen to everything have has to say. My frustration lies in extacly what you said, no one ever brings this up. You are correct, cause it doesn't fit the narrative they want to discuss even those who support him. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AoMj2C1OdrM

He said it, but it was after the criticism was given.  Even after the criticism he was still saying things (and wearing things) that were offensive to many. 

There are many that support some of the things that Kaepernick stands up for (including me), but not the platform on the way that he does it.  He decided to take the path that he did and while many of the things he has done are commendable, in my opinion, many of the things he has said I can not agree with.

I find it funny that many people in the sports community were calling him an awful player last year, but now he deserves a chance in the NFL.  This is purely a social topic that's being forced into a football game.

I do understand your point on that. This was a stance of his very early on. This was a preseason game from last year. Well before it had blown up to where it is now. But I do understand your sentiment. The larger point is that folks are concerned on him taking a knee and how he is protesting (which is his constitutionally protected right) rather than what he is protesting about. That's typically why I try to avoid these conversations because yet again we are discussing what he has done rather than the he issues he was bring attention to including the veterans.