Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Kaepernick

He got beaten out by Gabbert let's not forget that. He's not a starting calibre qb.

Has similar issues to Tebow, good athlete not a starting QB and now a massive distraction so not worth signing as a backup.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2017, 09:29 AM by JackCity.)

(08-04-2017, 11:55 PM)lastonealive Wrote: He got beaten out by Gabbert let's not forget that. He's not a starting calibre qb.

Has similar issues to Tebow, good athlete not a starting QB and now a massive distraction so not worth signing as a backup.
He wasn't beat out by Gabbert though. Kap had an injury clause in his contract so they kept him out, once that clause was removed he started again.  

He's legitimately better than every other backup in the league and better than several starting QBs.  

I admire his charity work and he seems like a great guy. Do I think he should be blackballed from the league due to the huge circus that's around him now? No. But if he thought his protest would have no impact on his employment then he's pretty naive.

LOL, they are trying to get guys to come out of the broadcast booth before hiring this chump. Man, it is so nice to see him hit rock bottom after what he did last year. Plenty of time to kneel on Sundays for this chump.

(07-26-2017, 08:32 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Ouch !!  Definitely not the hottest chick in the coop .... especially for someone that has $50m in their bank account.

[Image: Nessa+Backstage+mtvU+Woodie+Awards+CH_kHgNvXpKl.jpg]

She was Aldon Smith's girl first. Smith and Kaepernick reportedly got in a fight over her and Smith was released shortly after. That's when Smith was having trouble with DUIs so his release may not have been fully Kaep related, but it was the same time frame they were fighting over the girl. Little did Kaep know she was gonna wreck his career with all this SJW nonsense.

(08-05-2017, 01:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 08:32 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Ouch !!  Definitely not the hottest chick in the coop .... especially for someone that has $50m in their bank account.

She was Aldon Smith's girl first.  Smith and Kaepernick reportedly got in a fight over her and Smith was released shortly after.  That's when Smith was having trouble with DUIs so his release may not have been fully Kaep related, but it was the same time frame they were fighting over the girl.  Little did Kaep know she was gonna wreck his career with all this SJW nonsense.

His career ain't all she's wrecking.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-05-2017, 01:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:

She was Aldon Smith's girl first.  Smith and Kaepernick reportedly got in a fight over her and Smith was released shortly after.  That's when Smith was having trouble with DUIs so his release may not have been fully Kaep related, but it was the same time frame they were fighting over the girl.  Little did Kaep know she was gonna wreck his career with all this SJW nonsense.

Why does it say "Frailbones Wrote:" when I didn't write that? I believe Hurricane actually wrote that.

Rumors that Miami even entertained the idea of Tebow before getting Cutler to come out of retirement. Poor Kaep.

(08-06-2017, 05:28 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Why does it say "Frailbones Wrote:" when I didn't write that? I believe Hurricane actually wrote that.

Mis-editing a quote maybe?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-05-2017, 09:28 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 11:55 PM)lastonealive Wrote: He got beaten out by Gabbert let's not forget that. He's not a starting calibre qb.

He wasn't beat out by Gabbert though. Kap had an injury clause in his contract so they kept him out, once that clause was removed he started again.  

He's legitimately better than every other backup in the league and better than several starting QBs.  

I admire his charity work and he seems like a great guy. Do I think he should be blackballed from the league due to the huge circus that's around him now? No. But if he thought his protest would have no impact on his employment then he's pretty naive.

He actually did get benched in favor of Gabbert
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...t-to-start

Prior to protests and the injury you speak of that led to Gabbert starting 2016 before Kaep was ready

And BTWs... He was benched again after mustering 4 yards (Gabbert threw for 18 in his pass attempt) VS the Bears, though they'd ride him out the rest of the season.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18202...cago-bears

HE NOT GOOD lulz

(08-07-2017, 01:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 05:28 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Why does it say "Frailbones Wrote:" when I didn't write that? I believe Hurricane actually wrote that.

Mis-editing a quote maybe?

Maybe but I never wrote in this thread before.....

[Image: bJ1t2KK.jpg]

Any of you guys gonna' start hatin' on Ramsey now too?

(08-08-2017, 05:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: bJ1t2KK.jpg]

Yes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-08-2017, 05:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: bJ1t2KK.jpg]

Stand for a guy that refuses to? 

If Ramsey starts this nonsense, then I won't like him either. I doubt he cares what I think but being a good players doesn't mean I have to like him.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 07:08 AM by Caldrac.)

(08-03-2017, 02:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Just a guy drawing needed attention to a social injustice? 

A dummy lacking a respect for our flag/anthem? 

A has-been? 

A better QB than Henne, or Bortles? 

All of the above? 

Discuss here rather than filling the football threads with politics, please.

I think his mind and beliefs are in the right place but he's gone about it the wrong way to an extent. The media loves anything that bleeds and when it bleeds it bleeds. They're just as guilty for feeding into this divide and conquer mentality we've all been victims of. 

I don't get caught up in yellow ribbons and flags though. I think you can be proud of your country and not be a hypocritical [BLEEP] about it. Trying not to steal too much thoughts on that from George Carlin. But that pretty much sums it up. I leave symbols for the symbol minded. 

As far as being a has been? Maybe. To an extent. He had a winning record and nearly a Superbowl come back and victory with Harbaugh before York decided to railroad his entire team into the ground by firing him and then hiring and firing back-to-back coaches that clearly didn't know what they were doing. 

As far as being a better QB than Henne and Bortles? Yes. I'll say he is. His numbers aren't that much better nor worse than either of those two. And he's actually won football games. Personally if this team can manage another top ten defense and hopefully a top ten or better rushing attack you would assume Bortles could manage the team at least and win games. If he can't. Colin probably could. Seeing is that is when he had success in the NFL. 

As far as my views regarding his views? I don't have a problem with his kneeling. Didn't hurt my feelings. In fact. I think a lot of fans are hypocrites. Including the NFL itself. Half the fans crying about him kneeling during the anthem probably have their big fat [BLEEP] plopped down in a recliner on Sunday's as it's being performed while [BLEEP] and moaning about Colin not standing. So there's that. 

There's also the fact that the NFL didn't care for the anthem being recognized or honored until roughly 2007 or 2009 when it became something more they could further profit from. Keep that in mind. The NFL doesn't even honor our military for free. They make money off of them. They put their colors and emblems on their jerseys and sell them for more profit. It's the same ploy they use in October when they pink it all up for women. Profit. 

As far as black injustice and cops getting away with things? Sure. It happens. Sometimes it happens in clear cut understandable situations and sometimes it happens in inexcusable situations and people should be held accountable. It also just doesn't happen to black america though. It happens to white america as well. Even if you took all the minorities out of prison today it would still be overpopulated with white people. The mainstream media won't tell you that though because it would make us seem more alike. And they can't have that. They need us hating one another. They've been good at it since the television was invented. 

So in truth. No one is truly absent nor absolved from injustice. Sadly, what happens is a lot of departments get into the habit of fishing in the same areas. It's mostly your run down, low income, rural trailer parks or hoods that get targeted because that's where all the illegal activity is taking place. Whether you believe it's a systematic problem that keeps people poor or a racist system tied into it is up to you. 

It's a two way street at the end of the day though. We can all do a better job at being open and honest about this. And we can all do a better of job trying to understand each other's views without getting butt hurt on both sides. Liberal and Conservative snowflakes alike. 

The only two items I didn't approve of with Colin last year were the socks with cops depicted as pigs and the Castro thing. You can't get anything accomplished by fighting fire with fire in today's world. It just leads to everybody losing on both sides. And you certainly can't get up on a soap box and preach of oppression while wearing a t-shirt of one of the most iconic oppressors since the 20th century. Especially when an overwhelming amount of Cubans will tell you how terrible it was under Castro.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Welp, my FB is full of black friends posting today that they won't watch the NFL is Kaep isn't signed by week 1.

Welp.

Shouldn't Spike Lee be smart enough to post something that spells Kaepernick correctly? If you're going to be faux mad about something, at least spell the guys name right.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 08:40 AM by Caldrac.)

It circles back to the hypocritical nature of the NFL in general though. It's okay to slap your wife around (as long as it's not seen on video) and it's perfectly okay to abuse your son and go to court about it but you'll get a chance or multiple chances again in the NFL.

It's okay to take illegal substances a few times and get fined and suspended for it but you'll still get another chance in the NFL. It's perfectly cool to do cocaine, get a DUI, kill someone with a vehicle, make a fool of yourself off the field and be involved with rape and murder allegations whether guilty or not and still get another chance in the NFL.

It's perfectly cool to be caught up in cheating and spying allegations and bounty allegations and investigations and get a small fine or slap on the wrist about it. And you can carry on with your career in due time.

That's the kind of message the NFL owners are sending to America. And it's easy to see why black people are getting hot and bothered by it. Any decent human being can see the hypocrisy of that. And it should be called out again and again.

Colin has never had any off the field issues that I am aware of. At least not made publicly. He's been on winning teams. He's been to a Superbowl. He's had some pretty good performances to get there. A few in particular that you rarely see. Such as a win in the snow in New England. When he had to actually step up and out perform Brady after he dismantled their "vaunted" defense that particular year. Something that had not happened in ten years.

You can't tell me that our team, along with teams like Cleveland, the New York Jets, Buffalo, Chicago, Los Angeles Rams, the tinhorns out in Houston and roughly more than 50% of the NFL can't use a QB of his caliber at the minimum as a back-up or a potential starter in the event something happens to their rookies, overpriced QB pick-ups from free agency or turnover machines they currently have installed as their "starter".

I am not going to say I know more than some of these multi billionaire owners of the NFL. But I do know your win and loss record dictates how successful you are. And I also know you can point at a good amount of these teams with really bad win and loss records over the past decade that can be singled back to the QB being pretty much garbage. Like ours.

So. I'll admit it. I am hypocrite myself. I'll still watch the NFL because I love football. I always have. Always will. But, to say Colin doesn't have a place in it as far as experience, ability and potential is an ignorant statement to make. And no matter how people want to dissect it or slice it up. Often times your political views and stances betray your words.

I'll call anybody out on that too. I don't give a [BLEEP] if you're a blowhard liberal, conservative, democrat or republican. You have to call it as you see it. Without hiding behind the flag, bible or children. Or behind what your great, great grandpappy or daddy did way back when.

Take a stand. Own up to your hypocrisies. Because that's all this is at the end of the day. You can do things illegally and still have a job. But if you exercise a legal right that was set up by our founding fathers who also fought tyranny and oppression for a hope of a new world. Or if you try to start a conversation that's been an issue in a country for just north of 50 years when things started turning a new corner for hopefully the better. Back to the bread line for you.

That's what the NFL is showing here. That's not an opinion at this point. That's looking more and more like the truth of it by the day.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-09-2017, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It circles back to the hypocritical nature of the NFL in general though. It's okay to slap your wife around (as long as it's not seen on video) and it's perfectly okay to abuse your son and go to court about it but you'll get a chance or multiple chances again in the NFL.

It's okay to take illegal substances a few times and get fined and suspended for it but you'll still get another chance in the NFL. It's perfectly cool to do cocaine, get a DUI, kill someone with a vehicle, make a fool of yourself off the field and be involved with rape and murder allegations whether guilty or not and still get another chance in the NFL.

It's perfectly cool to be caught up in cheating and spying allegations and bounty allegations and investigations and get a small fine or slap on the wrist about it. And you can carry on with your career in due time.

That's the kind of message the NFL owners are sending to America. And it's easy to see why black people are getting hot and bothered by it. Any decent human being can see the hypocrisy of that. And it should be called out again and again.

Colin has never had any off the field issues that I am aware of. At least not made publicly. He's been on winning teams. He's been to a Superbowl. He's had some pretty good performances to get there. A few in particular that you rarely see. Such as a win in the snow in New England. When he had to actually step up and out perform Brady after he dismantled their "vaunted" defense that particular year. Something that had not happened in ten years.

You can't tell me that our team, along with teams like Cleveland, the New York Jets, Buffalo, Chicago, Los Angeles Chargers, the tinhorns out in Houston and roughly more than 50% of the NFL can't use a QB of his caliber at the minimum as a back-up or a potential starter in the event something happens to their rookies, overpriced QB pick-ups from free agency or turnover machines they currently have installed as their "starter".

I am not going to say I know more than some of these multi billionaire owners of the NFL. But I do know your win and loss record dictates how successful you are. And I also know you can point at a good amount of these teams with really bad win and loss records over the past decade that can be singled back to the QB being pretty much garbage. Like ours.

So. I'll admit it. I am hypocrite myself. I'll still watch the NFL because I love football. I always have. Always will. But, to say Colin doesn't have a place in it as far as experience, ability and potential is an ignorant statement to make. And no matter how people want to dissect it or slice it up. Often times your political views and stances betray your words.

I'll call anybody out on that too. I don't give a [BLEEP] if you're a blowhard liberal, conservative, democrat or republican. You have to call it as you see it. Without hiding behind the flag, bible or children. Or behind what your great, great grandpappy or daddy did way back when.

Take a stand. Own up to your hypocrisies. Because that's all this is at the end of the day. You can do things illegally and still have a job. But if you exercise a legal right that was set up by our founding fathers who also fought tyranny and oppression for a hope of a new world. Or if you try to start a conversation that's been an issue in a country for just north of 50 years when things started turning a new corner for hopefully the better. Back to the bread line for you.

That's what the NFL is showing here. That's not an opinion at this point. That's looking more and more like the truth of it by the day.

I'm sorry, but that's a complete load of bull. Kaepernick intentionally offended at least half of the NFL's customer base with his actions. If I had an employee who did that he would also be gone. Being in the NFL is a privilege not a right, and Kaepernick exercised his rights in a place where his right to free speech is not protected. This is not the government sanctioning him, it's his employer, and the 1st Amendment doesn't protect him from their actions any more than it would allow me to go to church on my boss's time. Had the US Marshal arrived and forced him to stand up then I'd protest his treatment, but what he's getting is fair.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 08:59 AM by Caldrac.)

(08-09-2017, 08:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It circles back to the hypocritical nature of the NFL in general though. It's okay to slap your wife around (as long as it's not seen on video) and it's perfectly okay to abuse your son and go to court about it but you'll get a chance or multiple chances again in the NFL.

You can't tell me that our team, along with teams like Cleveland, the New York Jets, Buffalo, Chicago, Los Angeles Chargers, the tinhorns out in Houston and roughly more than 50% of the NFL can't use a QB of his caliber at the minimum as a back-up or a potential starter in the event something happens to their rookies, overpriced QB pick-ups from free agency or turnover machines they currently have installed as their "starter".

I'm sorry, but that's a complete load of bull. Kaepernick intentionally offended at least half of the NFL's customer base with his actions. If I had an employee who did that he would also be gone. Being in the NFL is a privilege not a right, and Kaepernick exercised his rights in a place where his right to free speech is not protected. This is not the government sanctioning him, it's his employer, and the 1st Amendment doesn't protect him from their actions any more than it would allow me to go to church on my boss's time. Had the US Marshal arrived and forced him to stand up then I'd protest his treatment, but what he's getting is fair.

It's not bull [BLEEP]. It's the truth. Again, how am I wrong? It's cool to punch women? It's cool to slap them around? It's cool to abuse children? It's cool to cheat the game and system for a competitive advantage? It's cool to pay players under the table to deliberately go out of their ways to put players out? And still get to keep their jobs? it's alright to smoke weed, snort cocaine, drink lean or take steroids? Come on. That in essence on it's own is utter bull [BLEEP] if I've ever seen it.

I don't care about all of that. I am specifically looking at the hypocrisy here of the NFL. And I am specifically looking at the hypocrisy of the massive amounts of blind little sheep that willfully and ignorantly buy virtually anything their flavor of the month has to say hook, line and sinker. 

It's pathetic. I agree. Being in the NFL is a privilege. But to say it's bull [BLEEP] that the NFL doesn't condone illegal behavior and the cheating of their own game with little to no ramifications or consequences is just ignorant sir. And that they turn a blind eye to one individual who was trying to raise awareness at a time when it honestly needed to be raised.

What kind of [BLEEP] message is the NFL sending with their hypocrisy here? We'll condone black athletes for fitting stereotypical trends off the field and give them multiple chances. Not a problem there. But, a black athlete daring to be a voice for the voiceless at the largest potential stage with the highest impact at a peaceful level until the media keeps poking and prodding at it? No, we can't have that. No way in hell can we condone that.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 09:24 AM by Jagwired.)

Sometimes people are just too damned stupid to employ. He is one of them. Some team will eventually pick him up because at one time he showed some promise. That was long ago now and teams are weighing public perception against the slight chance he might still actually be better than what they have now.

Much like the kneeling, too much is being made of his current unemployment by the media and masses IMO. He just really isn't all that good of a QB for the hassles that he comes with at this point. It really is that simple.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.