Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tannehill Down - Left Knee

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 10:15 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nee-injury

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Non-contact knee injuries are usually not good, but NFL.com is reporting that there's no structural damage, so they might have dodged the bullet on this one.  We'll see.

Of course, NFL Network immediately scrambled the Kaepernick talk.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

It's pretty unreal that they wouldn't have Tannehill get his ACL fixed during the offseason. Now that mistake may cost them his services for the entire season.

(08-03-2017, 10:43 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: It's pretty unreal that they wouldn't have Tannehill get his ACL fixed during the offseason. Now that mistake may cost them his services for the entire season.

Dr Murphy said on 1010 this morning that partial tears usually don't get surgery, which is what he had. 

That being said apparently now they're saying he may get surgery and be out the season. Even without new structural damage. Seems weird.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 11:09 PM by Tuxedo.)

(08-03-2017, 10:58 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 10:43 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: It's pretty unreal that they wouldn't have Tannehill get his ACL fixed during the offseason. Now that mistake may cost them his services for the entire season.

Dr Murphy said on 1010 this morning that partial tears usually don't get surgery, which is what he had. 

That being said apparently now they're saying he may get surgery and be out the season. Even without new structural damage. Seems weird.

I saw a quote from someone in the the Dolphins organization that considered his knee a "ticking time bomb." If that wasn't the minority opinion within the organization, it seems pretty reckless to jeopardize your season like that considering how important Tannehill is to their success.

Also the fact that they're considering having him get it fixed now despite no new structural damage likely means it was bad enough that he probably should have underwent surgery, but they banked on it holding up.

(08-03-2017, 11:07 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 10:58 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Dr Murphy said on 1010 this morning that partial tears usually don't get surgery, which is what he had. 

I saw a quote from someone in the the Dolphins organization that considered his knee a "ticking time bomb." If that wasn't the minority opinion within the organization, it seems pretty reckless to jeopardize your season like that considering how important Tannehill is to their success.

Also the fact that they're considering having him get it fixed now despite no new structural damage likely means it was bad enough that he probably should have underwent surgery, but they banked on it holding up.

PFT reporting his knee injury is bad enough that he will miss significant time and likely the whole season. Yikes for phin fans. Matt Moore is up next.

Yeah, it's not sounding so benign a day later as they do their evaluations. Sucks for Miami because no matter what, they're going to be without their starting QB for at least a significant portion of the season, if not the entire 2017 campaign.

Jay Cutler has indicated he'd sign with Miami and postpone his broadcast career if they started looking at what's available.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Matt Moore is probably a better QB than Tannenhill anyway.

Wow .... I heard on the radio and then TV that the original injury resulted by Calais Campbell beating Brandon Albert. lol

Aaaaaaand Kap is gonna find a home and we can all stop talking about him.

I hope.

(08-04-2017, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote: Aaaaaaand Kap is gonna find a home and we can all stop talking about him.

I hope.

Personally, I'd rather go with Moore. He may be the best backup in the league and he knows the system. He is the type of QB the Dolphins are used to. If you bring in Kap, you're gonna have to play a whole new offensive system, since he is more a running QB. He's not a guy who will excel by throwing out of the pocket. He is best when he is making plays with his legs. One thing is for sure, this is probably the worst possible scenario for the Dolphins.

(08-04-2017, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote: Aaaaaaand Kap is gonna find a home and we can all stop talking about him.

I hope.

Sounds like it's going to be Cutler. Which makes more sense for them since he's familiar with Gase's system.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-04-2017, 10:47 PM)mvannostran Wrote:

I hope.

Sounds like it's going to be Cutler. Which makes more sense for them since he's familiar with Gase's system.

How will he be in the locker room though? I haven't heard very many positive things said about him by former teammates. As far as abilities go, I don't think he can beat Moore for the starting job either. Cutler was never that good to begin with and by the end of his career, he was flat out bad.

(08-05-2017, 05:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 10:47 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Sounds like it's going to be Cutler. Which makes more sense for them since he's familiar with Gase's system.

How will he be in the locker room though? I haven't heard very many positive things said about him by former teammates. As far as abilities go, I don't think he can beat Moore for the starting job either. Cutler was never that good to begin with and by the end of his career, he was flat out bad.

Cutler had one of his best seasons ever just two years ago, under Gase.

I wonder what Cutler's Madden rating is?

Not really, but some on here seem to base their opinion on that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-07-2017, 03:23 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 05:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How will he be in the locker room though? I haven't heard very many positive things said about him by former teammates. As far as abilities go, I don't think he can beat Moore for the starting job either. Cutler was never that good to begin with and by the end of his career, he was flat out bad.

Cutler had one of his best seasons ever just two years ago, under Gase.

Being that Jay Cutler knows Adam Gase's system,  the transition period should be much less than typically is the case when a player signs with a team in August or later.