Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
American College of Pediatrics decision: Transgenderism of children is child abuse

This is from 2016, but the point remains the same...

The American College of Pediatricians issued a statement this week condemning gender reclassification in children by stating that transgenderism in children amounts to child abuse.
“The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.”
The policy statement, authored by Johns Hopkins Medical School Psychology Professor Paul McHugh, listed eight arguments on why gender reclassification is harmful.
Quote:1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of health – not genetic markers of a disorder.
2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.
3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking. When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind not the body, and it should be treated as such.
4. Puberty is not a disease and puberty-blocking hormones can be dangerous. Reversible or not, puberty-blocking hormones induce a state of disease – the absence of puberty – and inhibit growth and fertility in a previously biologically healthy child.
5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.
6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen) are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer.
7. Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBQT – affirming countries.
8. Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful as child abuse.
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/03/25/a...use-321212

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The ACP is not the AAP, the ACP is more like Liberty University to Harvard.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

They are only doctors. What in the heck do they know?

(08-08-2017, 12:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The ACP is not the AAP, the ACP is more like Liberty University to Harvard.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's all you got?

the ACP is a conservative group
but the AAP might as well be a government org.

So... to each their own.

Doctors with degrees are smarter than us either way.

(08-08-2017, 01:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They are only doctors. What in the heck do they know?

Doctors with a socially conservative political stance.

(08-08-2017, 02:58 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 12:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The ACP is not the AAP, the ACP is more like Liberty University to Harvard.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's all you got?

So... to each their own.

You give them too much credit. Just like other humans they are influenced by social pressures and Groupthink. I'm not saying I disagree with the ACP, just pointing out that they have political conservatism at their core and aren't the same as the AAP that most people think of as on the level as the AMA.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-08-2017, 05:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 01:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They are only doctors. What in the heck do they know?

(08-08-2017, 02:58 PM)Kane Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's all you got?

So... to each their own.

You give them too much credit. Just like other humans they are influenced by social pressures and Groupthink. I'm not saying I disagree with the ACP, just pointing out that they have political conservatism at their core and aren't the same as the AAP that most people think of as on the level as the AMA.
they are still Dr.s with the same accreditation as the other DRs...One MD degree carries as much weight as the other MD degree...They all have to pass the same test...There isn't any lower grade of MD or any MD licence that is greater than any other MD licence...

(08-08-2017, 05:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

(08-08-2017, 02:58 PM)Kane Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's all you got?

So... to each their own.

Anyone that creates an association has 2 reasons..
to push their agenda, ideas, policies, beliefs etc
to make money

I take everything from these people to the AHA, ACS, etc etc with 2 grains of salt...

I listen to everyone's opinions and findings and check it with their qualifications and background and decide for myself. And cross check it against others.

These groups... these associations have a reason other than being nice to the World to do what they do and try to convince people they should or should not do a certain thing or live a certain way or be a certain way. Religious reasons, political reasons, doesn't matter... But any association directly linked and backed by the government or housed in D.C. immediately gets a red flag. If the government wants me to do it... I gotta think extra hard about it.

I enjoy having the right to think and choose for myself. Most people, unfortunately, need some giant "association" to think for them...
Sad...

Anytime my center starts leaning one way or the other too hard... I find common sense useful.

Quote:1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of health – not genetic markers of a disorder.
2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.
3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking. When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind not the body, and it should be treated as such.
4. Puberty is not a disease and puberty-blocking hormones can be dangerous. Reversible or not, puberty-blocking hormones induce a state of disease – the absence of puberty – and inhibit growth and fertility in a previously biologically healthy child.
5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.
6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen) are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer.
7. Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBQT – affirming countries.
8. Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful as child abuse.
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/03/25/a...use-321212

[/quote]

I don't care how you feel about the subject, giving a child puberty inhibiting hormones is extremely reckless and should be unethical. People will rage if a teenage girl gets breast implants or liposuction but won't blink an eye when it comes to giving any child/teen hormones to prohibit a naturally occurring process the body goes through? I call BS. I don't even agree with putting teen girls on the Pill for so many reasons because of the hormones. I know many use it to regulate hormones but it's usually in small doses and not long term. I can't imagine the amount of hormones it would take to stop someone from going through puberty. That's a pretty powerful process. And being that kids are hitting puberty at younger ages..... I can't imagine the thought process of someone allowing this.