Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP Glen Campbell

One of the iconic fathers of country music lost his battle with Alzheimer's disease. He was one of the greats of his time. I thought it would be fitting to post a tribute to him by some of the current greats of country music.

RIP Glen.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Aww....so sad. RIP Sad
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

RIP. Very sad news.

Very sad indeed. RIP

Campbell was a virtuoso. The guy was a brilliant session musician who played guitar on huge hits for other artists in a variety of genres, and still managed to have career of his own that was impressive. He was also a great songwriter. I watched the documentary on his final tour as Alzheimer's started to take control, and it was amazing that despite his other issues, up to that point in time, he could still sit down and play brilliantly, and he remembered his music. That faded eventually, and this was not wholly unexpected, but his passing is a big one for the music industry.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-09-2017, 12:08 PM)FBT Wrote: Very sad indeed.  RIP

Campbell was a virtuoso.  The guy was a brilliant session musician who played guitar on huge hits for other artists in a variety of genres, and still managed to have  career of his own that was impressive.  He was also a great songwriter.  I watched the documentary on his final tour as Alzheimer's started to take control, and it was amazing that despite his other issues, up to that point in time, he could still sit down and play brilliantly, and he remembered his music.  That faded eventually, and this was not wholly unexpected, but his passing is a big one for the music industry.

Yes, in addition to the above, I saw a story about his current battle with Alzheimer's and his slow on-stage and in-home regressions.  Luckily, he had a great wife that really protected him throughout the process and supported him 1000% along the way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-09-2017, 12:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 12:08 PM)FBT Wrote: Very sad indeed.  RIP

Campbell was a virtuoso.  The guy was a brilliant session musician who played guitar on huge hits for other artists in a variety of genres, and still managed to have  career of his own that was impressive.  He was also a great songwriter.  I watched the documentary on his final tour as Alzheimer's started to take control, and it was amazing that despite his other issues, up to that point in time, he could still sit down and play brilliantly, and he remembered his music.  That faded eventually, and this was not wholly unexpected, but his passing is a big one for the music industry.

Yes, in addition to the above, I saw a story about his current battle with Alzheimer's and his slow on-stage and in-home regressions.  Luckily, he had a great wife that really protected him throughout the process and supported him 1000% along the way.

Being a total hottie didn't hurt things either.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Not sure who he was. I guess I'm a bit to young.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Having watched my father suffer with Alzheimer's until his death, and now my mom, who is in the end stages of that [BLEEP] disease, it always hits close to home when reading about someone succumbing to it. It's awful to watch, it must be 1000 times worse when getting diagnosed with it.

RIP Glen, you were a virtuoso.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]