Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's the latest on Allen Hurns?

(08-12-2017, 04:44 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Shane Wynn and Keelan Cole. If Greene sticks, could Hurns get samlped?

No. Greene should go. Keep Hurns and Cole.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hurns is not going anywhere we just extended him..
No Fun

(08-11-2017, 09:46 AM)Kane Wrote: If the injury lingers... he gets IR'd and that makes the decision to keep Cole easier.

Not sure anyone would trade for Hurns... but if we could get a mid round pick... that would be a good deal honestly.
UDFA nets 4th round pick and unloads cap space for AR, Smith deals....

Like I said though... not sure anyone would make this move.

Yea, if he comes back from injury this week or next and looks good, the Jags could probably get something decent in a trade for him. Personally, I really like the guy and he is a great success story. However, the Jags are paying him too much so if someone is willing to pick up his contract and give us a mid-round pick or an offensive lineman to provide more competition at that position the trade would be a no-brainer. With the money they save on Hurns' contract they could then re-sign Robinson and Smith- as you have said. Very good point.

(08-12-2017, 05:26 PM)O-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 04:44 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Shane Wynn and Keelan Cole. If Greene sticks, could Hurns get samlped?

No. Greene should go. Keep Hurns and Cole.

I suppose u are right. Just that Rashad does look good returning punts and Marrone doesnt seem to cater to the injury proned.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Hurns is far and away our best possession receiver. He takes some freaking wallops and still holds on to the ball. I don't think anyone else on the team really demonstrates that like Hurns does. Arob is the king of high-point and Lee is great in space/spreading the field, but if you need to throw a slant for a first Hurns is the guy.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Westbrook is too much like Lee to keep Lee over hurns. I say keep hurns and try and trade Lee if everyone is healthy before the deadline

(08-13-2017, 12:35 AM)areed018 Wrote: Westbrook is too much like Lee to keep Lee over hurns. I say keep hurns and try and trade Lee if everyone is healthy before the deadline

Lee would probably get us the most in return, if he were to be traded. We have enough talent at the position that I doubt we'd even miss him.

I would go with Lee, who doesn't have a history of off the field issues. Knowing the jags, dede will do something stupid again. we haven't had the best luck with those draft picks we took a risk on when it came to off the field issues.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Trading Lee still sounds like the dumbest idea in the world to me.  Obviously it depends on the payment offered. (there's a price for everything)
 But he's currently the only proven KR on the team that hasn't had issues with ball security, and he's had an absolutely brilliant camp thus far receiving praise on a near daily basis from media and coaches.  Plus - the word now is that Bortles has finally figured out some timing with him and stopped throwing behind him all the damn time.

I'm sorry. If I'm Marrone and I'm making the commitment to start a struggling young QB, I'll be damned if I'm gonna' take away a proven commodity at WR and hope that a rookie and a repeatedly concussed UDFA are going to make it as if he never left.
Screw that.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Does anyone know what injury Hurns has? If it was a concussion, that's bad, because when a player has more than one concussion, that just leads to more concussions and a lot of time missed.

I'm friends with his mom on Facebook.
She said he's "fine"

(08-13-2017, 08:13 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: I'm friends with his mom on Facebook.
She said he's "fine"

Banana
/thread

(08-13-2017, 08:13 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: I'm friends with his mom on Facebook.
She said he's "fine"

Is that somewhere around 91%?

She said he's "fine"

Can you ask her, if he's fine, why is he not practicing?

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 02:06 PM by wrong_box.)

(08-10-2017, 10:54 PM)BklynJag Wrote: With the Emergence of Dede and Cole, I would push hard to trade Hurns. Send him to the Jets for Richardson or some oline help.

I'll be darned, I actually agree with you!

(08-11-2017, 01:41 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 10:54 PM)BklynJag Wrote: With the Emergence of Dede and Cole, I would push hard to trade Hurns. Send him to the Jets for Richardson or some oline help.

Why trade Hurns? I try and move Greene. He probably won't make the team anyway. Personally, I don't see a need for a big money player like Richardson. I move Greene for some linebacker, secondary or O-Line help or perhaps a draft pick.

I can't see getting much anything for Green if anything at all...If he's not going to make the team there won't be any interest in giving compensation for him when he's just going to be cut

He's was working off to the side along with Ramsey today.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I don't know if we can get rid of Greene based on his punt return play. He routinely makes plays in the return game. As far as WR goes we're better off with someone else.
No pain, no gain.

Y'all silly.

(08-15-2017, 10:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/8...6798969857

Yeah, but what does his mom have to say about it?

Seriously, good to see him back out there.  It clearly wasn't anything serious, which seems to be the trend for most of the injuries the team has sustained so far.  Let's hope that continues.

The team is being extra cautious with all of these injuries, and that leads people to speculate about the severity. I'd rather see them be careful with how they bring back guys with minor dings, especially in the grueling grind of training camp. That opens up the risk of taking a minor ding and turning it into something more serious. We really don't need that with our front line guys.

As far as trading Hurns, it's not going to happen. I think you'll see a receiving corps that looks familiar to most on opening day. There may be an addition or two to the roster, but the top guys will continue to be the same, and that includes Hurns and Lee in the mix. This notion that Cole is emerging and should take a roster spot over a guy like Hurns is downright laughable. Two words: Cortez Hankton. The guy was a training camp wonder that many here said the same thing about. When the lights went on, he faded into the wallpaper immediately. When you have proven entities on the roster who can get you production with a struggling QB, you don't dump them for new faces who flash against preseason backups.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]