Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Ticket Procedures

The Jags just sent out am email that just is causing  me to wonder what they are thinking...

Among the changes were the elimination of the use of Print at Home PDF tickets for use.    Now you have to either use actual tickets or the Jags mobile App to get in...

Makes me wonder what in the world ticket sources like StubHub will use???    I have used StubHub often to resell tickets and buy some.. I also see plenty of people outside selling printed tickets... 

I did just jumped on  my Jags account and saw the only option to sell to StubHub was to send them tickets... yuch....

I can resell to the "official" resale site...

My guess is that online brokers will cut way back on selling Jags tickets not that this season was that great an item..  Last year had games like Packers where I doubled my money on club seats..  

We'll see how this all works out..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well I scanned my Stubhubs through mobile, years ago. So nothing will change, just have to have your mobile device ready to go at the entrance. I wish my schedule was better, otherwise I would buy season tickets.. But I too resort to ticket exchange or stub hub for a game or 2.

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 11:18 AM by knarnn.)

Hmmm. I usually buy tickets on occasion online for family members as gifts (birthday's, graduation presents etc) I would always print the tickets and stick them in a card. I wonder how that will work now? Wait for a ticket to be mailed to you?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

A couple years ago the Yankees were the first to do this and everyone wondered when it would trickle down. It's a step the teams are taking so that Ticketmaster can make more money. It severely restricts Stubhub and the secondary market.

It's pretty easy to repost on Ticketmaster since that's who the Jaguars sell through though.

(08-10-2017, 10:15 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: A couple years ago the Yankees were the first to do this and everyone wondered when it would trickle down.  It's a step the teams are taking so that Ticketmaster can make more money.  It severely restricts Stubhub and the secondary market.  

It's pretty easy to repost on Ticketmaster since that's who the Jaguars sell through though.

Yes, I must admit that I got spoiled with the NFL Ticket Exchange and it is a 100% secure way to make a transaction as they actually reissue the ticket (and barcode) to the new buyer.

I only use StubHub to sell pre-season tickets b/c I can mark them down to near nothing. The others I sell through Ticketmaster and it is an easy process.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

just got the following email regarding the new ticket procedures.

As you may have noticed, your ticket management options in Account Manager have been active since July. For your convenience and security, we are only allowing entry to EverBank Field this season using the hard tickets you received in the mail or a mobile ticket you access via your smartphone. The option to print your ticket as a PDF is no longer available. This reduces the likelihood of counterfeit tickets and also provides a convenient way to forward tickets to friends and guests.

To access or forward your tickets via your mobile device, please download the all new Official Jacksonville Jaguars app and tap Jags365 Account.

For instructions on how to transfer, sell or manage your tickets from both your mobile device and your desktop computer, please visit www.jaguars.com/mytickets .

Go Jags!

Jacksonville Jaguars
(904) 633-2000
[email protected]

2017 Jacksonville Jaguars, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Jacksonville Jaguars, One EverBank Field Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Jaguars.com | Tickets | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Privacy Policy
Manage your email subscription online anytime. Update Subscription
To unsubscribe from all Jaguars emails, please please click here.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-16-2017, 02:12 PM)FBT Wrote: just got the following email regarding the new ticket procedures.  

As you may have noticed, your ticket management options in Account Manager have been active since July.  For your convenience and security, we are only allowing entry to EverBank Field this season using the hard tickets you received in the mail or a mobile ticket you access via your smartphone.  The option to print your ticket as a PDF is no longer available.  This reduces the likelihood of counterfeit tickets and also provides a convenient way to forward tickets to friends and guests.

To access or forward your tickets via your mobile device, please download the all new Official Jacksonville Jaguars app and tap Jags365 Account.

For instructions on how to transfer, sell or manage your tickets from both your mobile device and your desktop computer, please visit www.jaguars.com/mytickets .

Go Jags!

Jacksonville Jaguars
(904) 633-2000
[email protected]

2017 Jacksonville Jaguars, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Jacksonville Jaguars, One EverBank Field Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32202
Jaguars.com   |   Tickets   |   Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram  |   Privacy Policy
Manage your email subscription online anytime. Update Subscription
To unsubscribe from all Jaguars emails, please  please click here.

Definitely more of an inconvenience than convenience for sure.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

My only experience with PDF tickets was a couple of years ago at the tacks game there was a couple with a kid about 8-10 who was crying at the gate after just being turned away with fake tickets. It was the Thur. night game. They did not have cash for more and had  traveled from somewhere, maybe all the way from Tenn. I can't recall exactly. We bought them some 400 level tickets at the window.

Karma rewarded us with a Jags win that night. Smile
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Bummer. I like keeping tickets as souvenirs. Would hate for them all to go mobile one day.

(08-16-2017, 02:48 PM)Jagwired Wrote: My only experience with PDF tickets was a couple of years ago at the tacks game there was a couple with a kid about 8-10 who was crying at the gate after just being turned away with fake tickets. It was the Thur. night game. They did not have cash for more and had  traveled from somewhere, maybe all the way from Tenn. I can't recall exactly. We bought them some 400 level tickets at the window.

Karma will still reward you for being kind and generous.  We need more people like you.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 04:19 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-16-2017, 02:48 PM)Jagwired Wrote: My only experience with PDF tickets was a couple of years ago at the tacks game there was a couple with a kid about 8-10 who was crying at the gate after just being turned away with fake tickets. It was the Thur. night game. They did not have cash for more and had  traveled from somewhere, maybe all the way from Tenn. I can't recall exactly. We bought them some 400 level tickets at the window.

I'd like to think that I've seen every scam in the book but I haven't come across this one yet.   Hopefully, the "fake ticket" story was real and they learned their lesson that the only full proof way to buy resale tix and know it's real prior to getting to the gate is via the NFL Ticket Exchange that actually re-issues the ticket with a new barcode.

(08-16-2017, 02:12 PM)FBT Wrote: just got the following email regarding the new ticket procedures.  

As you may have noticed, your ticket management options in Account Manager have been active since July.  For your convenience and security, we are only allowing entry to EverBank Field this season using the hard tickets you received in the mail or a mobile ticket you access via your smartphone.  The option to print your ticket as a PDF is no longer available.  This reduces the likelihood of counterfeit tickets and also provides a convenient way to forward tickets to friends and guests.

I've been reselling tix since my 1st job out of college (anything to do to make $$).  I had some really big hits with bands like U2 at RFK Stadium in DC but had to wait in line for hours just to get tix which were limited to 8 per customer (so my gf/now wife got 16 total).  This was pre-internet LOL.   Anyway, when I saw PDF versions getting resold for the 1st time I could only think that this PDF resale concept is going to be a disaster to the buyers.

It seems to me that this actually makes transferring sold tickets more convenient. If you have a smart phone, and the buyer has a smart phone, you can forward the ticket to them and they can use the E ticket on their phone to be scanned at the gate to gain entry. Much more secure for all parties. A printed PDF of a ticket can be duplicated, so someone could sell you a ticket that someone else has already used and there's absolutely no recourse.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]