Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Feature: Live Threads

We are enabling Live Threading for some threads. Live Threads is a feature that will automatically update the thread with new posts without you having to refresh the entire page. 

This is a beta test of this for now, so some rough edges may be expected.

Please note this ONLY works when you are viewing the last/most recent page of the thread that has this feature enabled.

Let us know whatever comments/questions you have here and we will continue to tweak things!

Thanks!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Whenever I was posting in the live thread, it would update and I'd have to scroll back down to see what I was typing. I have to say, it was a bit annoying. I had to just log off and read, rather than attempt to post.

(08-20-2017, 08:07 AM)Jags Wrote: Whenever I was posting in the live thread, it would update and I'd have to scroll back down to see what I was typing.   I have to say, it was a bit annoying.   I had to just log off and read, rather than attempt to post.

Yeah, same here.. I liked old way better. Don't really see the need for the live thread anyway. They're all live. Just have to refresh the page, but you do it at your own convenience

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I fix.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Love how you can shut the live feed off.. Well done and good idea to implement.

Now.. Where's my mobile version..

Hyyyyyaaaaaaaaa mule..

(08-24-2017, 11:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Love how you can shut the live feed off.. Well done and good idea to implement.

Hyyyyyaaaaaaaaa mule..

Mobile is soon. So very sooonnn
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

(08-25-2017, 12:15 AM)Superuser Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Love how you can shut the live feed off.. Well done and good idea to implement.

Hyyyyyaaaaaaaaa mule..

Mobile is soon. So very sooonnn

Perfection Big Grin

(08-25-2017, 09:00 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 12:15 AM)Superuser Wrote: Mobile is soon. So very sooonnn

Perfection Big Grin

You called?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-25-2017, 02:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 09:00 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Perfection Big Grin

You called?

Yeah I did.. way up in post #5..

Bout time. Deaf ole bugger..

Haaaaaayyyyaaaaaa mule

(08-25-2017, 08:24 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 02:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: You called?

Yeah I did.. way up in post #5..

Bout time. Deaf ole bugger..

Haaaaaayyyyaaaaaa mule

I thought that I heard something around here...  must be rats around here...

Can someone please tell me how to turn this live feed off, it’s a colossal pain in the butt when trying to read on a phone.

At the top of any page of a thread that has Live Threads activated there is a button to disable the live updating for your account.

The the live threads scroll automatically only on the last/most recent page, you can go to any other page (where the live updates won't kick in) and click the button there.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=47]

The live thread has been deactivated on the gameday thread but you can test it out on this thread, which does have it activated.

Attached Files
.png   2017-10-01 17_14_54-New Feature_ Live Threads.png (Size: 8.21 KB / Downloads: 14)

One week I saw the Game Day thread in a temporary Important Threads subsection. After that, it has always been a regular thread. Is that change permanent?

(10-03-2017, 04:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: One week I saw the Game Day thread in a temporary Important Threads subsection. After that, it has always been a regular thread. Is that change permanent?

It should be pinned at the top of the post list, but that's a moderator task that has to be done manually. We probably forgot or you noticed it before it was done (usually around 1-3 AM the morning of the game) or after it was de-pinned (usually right after the game is over).

(10-03-2017, 09:02 PM)Superuser Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 04:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: One week I saw the Game Day thread in a temporary Important Threads subsection. After that, it has always been a regular thread. Is that change permanent?

It should be pinned at the top of the post list, but that's a moderator task that has to be done manually. We probably forgot or you noticed it before it was done (usually around 1-3 AM the morning of the game) or after it was de-pinned (usually right after the game is over).

I checked it at halftime.

(10-03-2017, 09:11 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 09:02 PM)Superuser Wrote: It should be pinned at the top of the post list, but that's a moderator task that has to be done manually. We probably forgot or you noticed it before it was done (usually around 1-3 AM the morning of the game) or after it was de-pinned (usually right after the game is over).

I checked it at halftime.

Must have missed it then. Feel free to PM me or post here or something to remind me!