Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Threats/Strengths in the division

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 11:18 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-13-2017, 12:23 AM)archer56 Wrote: What in your opinion, is the biggest threat/weaknesses

Titans:

Threat:  They have a strong offensive line and good running backs, so they could theoretically be Dallas light in our division.

Weakness: Consistency? they seemed like a super inconsistent team last year.  They have a strong offensive line and good running backs, so they could theoretically be Dallas light in our division, but their defense seems suspect.

I'd have to say the Titans are a threat due to their offensive line and good running backs.  Most people probably disagree but i'd compare them to Dallas.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

yea after looking at the preseason games there was a lot of meh, in the division games when i went and rewatched them. I'm wondering this the second game will change things a bit.

Honestly though it was a single series of play and looking around the league at all the team's first drives, the only one i saw that had starts in that I was like, yeah they seem legit, was Phillip Rivers marching his team down the field and scoring on the Seahawks like it was easy day.

They were only playing a shell of their defense ofc, but it's still a good defense.

So I keeping my opinions the same in my original post, until after this bout of games.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

tennessee tacks:

Strength: Running game by far. Mariota is great, he's efficient, he protects the football and gets it done in the redzone. But it's mostly that offensive line pushing and pull defensive up and down the field and paving the way on the ground that gets them there. The tacks have probably the most promising or best pair of OT's now in the NFL.

Weakness: Receivers. They went out and signed Decker. The drafted that other kid out of Michigan St. to potentially address this problem this year but they've really lacked a legitimate threat on the outside as long as Mariota has been there.

houston tinhorns:

Strength: Defense of course. That team has been carried by that defense for the last three or four years. They showed last year even without Watt they STILL manage to be relatively top notch and elite in the key areas of defense.

Weakness: The QB position of course is the biggest concern there. But, much like the tacks they've probably addressed it this year with Watson inserted into the line-up.

indianapolis clots:

Strength: QB position. When Luck is 100% healthy that team is a play-off contender in the AFC and I think a lot of people forget that for some reason.

Weakness: Offensive line. They've really been weak. I know people think our line is bad. But they have a really, really, REALLY bad line up there. It's the reason they don't have more explosive plays on the ground and why Luck has been destroyed physically the last two years.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Considering the injuries to the Colts center and Andrew Luck, they may be in big trouble this season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Jacksonville Jaguars:

Weaknesses:  Hmm  Huh  QB?    

Seriously though, that press conference was ruthless. I don't think I've ever seen something like that after a 2nd preseason game. Marrone cut straight to the chase and didn't sugarcoat anything.. He obviously knows this is his only chance to be a NFL head coach though. He knows he doesn't have any kind of coaching resume/equity to wait for a QB to "get it". He has to "Bruce Arian's" the hell out of this ish if he ever wants to hold down a HCing job. Dude probably drives to EverBank Field jamming to Eminem's "loose yourself" every morning.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watched the 2nd round of preseason games

Titain running game looked like it picked up where it left off even without Murray. Mariota was pretty accurate, and ran really well, but i think in a 4-3 defense rather than than that 3-4ish thing we had before it should make it harder for the QB to pop off those runs that even phillip rivers could get 20 yard on.

The receive core still sees questionable and other than the tight ends they still seem to have issues at WR depth and health.

Texans,

Watson seems like he'll be a 1-2 read Qb then run the ball from what I've seen. I'd like to think that our defense will be able to deal with him just like mariota.

Colts,

Man their team is bad in the preseason. How did we lose to them once last year?
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(08-21-2017, 10:41 PM)archer56 Wrote: Watched the 2nd round of preseason games

Titain running game looked like it picked up where it left off even without Murray.  Mariota was pretty accurate, and ran really well, but i think in a 4-3 defense rather than than that 3-4ish thing we had before it should make it harder for the QB to pop off those runs that even phillip rivers could get 20 yard on.

The receive core still sees questionable and other than the tight ends they still seem to have issues at WR depth and health.

Texans,

Watson seems like he'll be a 1-2 read Qb then run the ball from what I've seen.  I'd like to think that our defense will be able to deal with him just like mariota.

Colts,

Man their team is bad in the preseason.  How did we lose to them once last year?

#Jaguars

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 07:22 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(08-21-2017, 10:41 PM)archer56 Wrote: Watched the 2nd round of preseason games

Titain running game looked like it picked up where it left off even without Murray.  Mariota was pretty accurate, and ran really well, but i think in a 4-3 defense rather than than that 3-4ish thing we had before it should make it harder for the QB to pop off those runs that even phillip rivers could get 20 yard on.

Texans,

Watson seems like he'll be a 1-2 read Qb then run the ball from what I've seen.  I'd like to think that our defense will be able to deal with him just like mariota.

Colts,

Man their team is bad in the preseason.  How did we lose to them once last year?

Watson isn't starting. I for the life of me don't know why people don't understand that. Savage has been excellent this preseason.. even without Hopkins, He's completing 85% of his passes at 8.4 ypa. With Savage they can run the entire playbook..He is the starter for a reason and he has starting QB skills, the guy just hasn’t been able to stay healthy, but he can play.