Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles benched at practice for Henne after 2 pick 6's?

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 03:29 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(08-13-2017, 03:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: *Linebacker Myles Jack, the first-team middle backer for the off-season and camp, was playing strong-side in base defense and Paul Posluszny moved over to the middle.

“I’m trying to find out the best three,” Marrone said. “We have Blair [Brown] playing some sam, Lerentee [McCray] is playing sam. I just want to make sure for our base downs, we’ve got the best three players out there.”

Asked if today’s practice move was an indictment on Jack’s progress at middle linebacker, Marrone said: “No, I wouldn’t say that.”

Why single out Bortles for bad play?  Why no mention of this?
This is the Jaguars MB. Expecting something else would be insane.  

I want .500 from this team whether BB5 progresses or not.  We're going run heavy this yr so clean up the mental errors as best you can, and do what needs to be done for 8.

SN: If Blake is horrible, trade up for a QB if ones worth it. I trust this team's foundation is near complete and it'll be reward over risk sacrificing the draft picks.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-13-2017, 03:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: *Linebacker Myles Jack, the first-team middle backer for the off-season and camp, was playing strong-side in base defense and Paul Posluszny moved over to the middle.

“I’m trying to find out the best three,” Marrone said. “We have Blair [Brown] playing some sam, Lerentee [McCray] is playing sam. I just want to make sure for our base downs, we’ve got the best three players out there.”

Asked if today’s practice move was an indictment on Jack’s progress at middle linebacker, Marrone said: “No, I wouldn’t say that.”

It was referenced in the Myles Jack thread, appropriately so
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I'm glad the coaches are pulling guys and making changes. Raise the bar, raise the standard. If you hurt the team you get to sit down and watch somebody else try to take your job. I like it.

(08-13-2017, 03:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Are we really expecting much out of Bortles, or this team itself this season? Bring on 2018

Ya, on to next year before this year starts

Hopeful and rational
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

How will we know when so far game 1 they treated Blake like a superstar having him only throw 5 times like he has nothing to prove and now they say an arm rrst day after he starts throwing picks lol.
No Fun

Has it really devolved to the point where people are going to start threads after every interception or incomplete pass Bortles throws in practice?

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 03:51 PM by Jagwired.)

Reporter - "Just to be clear coach, the interceptions had nothing to do with BB5 resting?".

Marrone -"Absolutely not."

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...d7aff33a59
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Bortles Claus is gifting DBs pick 6s. Christmas in August!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I know INT's during a practice shouldn't be much of a concern, but seeing how Bort played last season, it could be a foreshadowing plot to a nightmare of a novel..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

A couple days ago, I said Brown is our best middle LB. I think he's our best LB.

(08-13-2017, 03:40 PM)nhiverson Wrote: How will we know when so far game 1 they treated Blake like a superstar having him only throw 5 times like he has nothing to prove and now they say an arm rrst day after he starts throwing picks lol.

I think it was less about treating Blake like a superstar and more so trying to get reps for the O line for run blocking. This team will be run first all day long. I do agree though 5 attempts is not going to cut it, he needs atleast 10-15 next game. Blake is who he is and will throw a lot of INT's thats just a fact. You just don't want to see the ones from today, those int TDs which Blake seems to throw non stop. The team can deal with INTs but stop giving away points. The out route just doesn't work with this guy, his windup is too long just stop trying it lol. Starting to wonder if Patmon has a shot of making the team , 4 ints in practice is a lot!

(08-13-2017, 04:06 PM)Jerrad Wrote: Bortles Claus is gifting DBs pick 6s. Christmas in August!
He's still better than captain sellout checkdown garrard. lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Henne should be the starter and Allen the 2nd option. The Jags need to cut ties with this no defense reading, two left feet drunkard. Henne is not as turnover prone as Borltes and he should be good enough to be the mediocre Qb this team needs for now. The last thing we need is Bortles fouling up every drive with another turn over. This guy has had a terrible camp and if he cant do it in practice why give him more playing time in the regular season. I was holding out hope he would turn a corner but he's obviously not the man for the job. Henne on the other hand should have no problem handing it off to one of the many fine options a RB and by the looks of it should be able to make the occasional 97 yard TD pass. Henne should be the starter period point blank.

Is is really how low we've sunk? Henne should start? No thanks.

.......K'ay

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 06:20 PM by leopold332002.)

(08-13-2017, 06:08 PM)fufatboy Wrote: Henne should be the starter and Allen the 2nd option. The Jags need to cut ties with this no defense reading, two left feet drunkard. Henne is not as turnover prone as Borltes and he should be good enough to be the mediocre Qb this team needs for now. The last thing we need is Bortles fouling up every drive with another turn over. This guy has had a terrible camp and if he cant do it in practice why give him more playing time in the regular season. I was holding out hope he would turn a corner but he's obviously not the man for the job. Henne on the other hand should have no problem handing it off to one of the many fine options a RB and by the looks of it should be able to make the occasional 97 yard TD pass. Henne should be the starter period point blank.

Man be quiet and go back into your hole because you're not making any sense. Chad Henne had more interceptions than touchdowns in every year that he started as a Qb during his NFL career. So please go find something better do with your time and stop being a crybaby on this website.

Shhhhhh..... Don't use logic, it only makes them angry.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 06:22 PM by NameRemoved.)

(08-13-2017, 06:16 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 06:08 PM)fufatboy Wrote: Henne should be the starter and Allen the 2nd option. The Jags need to cut ties with this no defense reading, two left feet drunkard. Henne is not as turnover prone as Borltes and he should be good enough to be the mediocre Qb this team needs for now. The last thing we need is Bortles fouling up every drive with another turn over. This guy has had a terrible camp and if he cant do it in practice why give him more playing time in the regular season. I was holding out hope he would turn a corner but he's obviously not the man for the job. Henne on the other hand should have no problem handing it off to one of the many fine options a RB and by the looks of it should be able to make the occasional 97 yard TD pass. Henne should be the starter period point blank.

Man be quiet and go back into your hole because you're not making any sense. Chad Henne had more interceptions than touchdowns in every year that he started as a Qb during his NFL career. So please go find something better do with your time and stop being a crybaby on this website.

So how many pick sixes though?

(08-13-2017, 06:20 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: Shhhhhh..... Don't use logic, it only makes them angry.

Some of these people need their head examine with their crybaby attitudes and negativity on this site.

Henne will be fine as the game manager this team needs. The last thing we need is a pretend QB that passes TD's to the opponent on the regular. With our run game and vast skill position talent available, Henne will thrive. Sit the drunk down and have another. It amuses me how many still buy into the fraud that Bortles is. Marrone will bench him and Caldwell will take another hit. This is going to be Leftwich V Garrard all over again.