Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles benched at practice for Henne after 2 pick 6's?

(08-13-2017, 06:08 PM)fufatboy Wrote: Henne should be the starter and Allen the 2nd option. The Jags need to cut ties with this no defense reading, two left feet drunkard. Henne is not as turnover prone as Borltes and he should be good enough to be the mediocre Qb this team needs for now. The last thing we need is Bortles fouling up every drive with another turn over. This guy has had a terrible camp and if he cant do it in practice why give him more playing time in the regular season. I was holding out hope he would turn a corner but he's obviously not the man for the job. Henne on the other hand should have no problem handing it off to one of the many fine options a RB and by the looks of it should be able to make the occasional 97 yard TD pass. Henne should be the starter period point blank.

Sooooo wrong, on so many levels.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am not giving up on Bortles yet. Lets see where he is at in game #2. He should of went 4 out of 5 against new england. I tend to think one would take higher risk in practice so he may have not made those same decisions in the regular season.

I would say it should be an open competition in the preseason.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-13-2017, 07:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 06:08 PM)fufatboy Wrote: Henne should be the starter and Allen the 2nd option. The Jags need to cut ties with this no defense reading, two left feet drunkard. Henne is not as turnover prone as Borltes and he should be good enough to be the mediocre Qb this team needs for now. The last thing we need is Bortles fouling up every drive with another turn over. This guy has had a terrible camp and if he cant do it in practice why give him more playing time in the regular season. I was holding out hope he would turn a corner but he's obviously not the man for the job. Henne on the other hand should have no problem handing it off to one of the many fine options a RB and by the looks of it should be able to make the occasional 97 yard TD pass. Henne should be the starter period point blank.

Sooooo wrong, on so many levels.

Ok so you enjoy watching an incompetent QB fumble stumble and throw picks left in right? Today's 2 more pick sixes practice or not just dug his grave deeper. Ol Gus aint here to protect him any longer.

(08-13-2017, 07:28 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: this board is a joke and we wonder why our fanbase is not respected around the league.

Seems to be quite a few BCC'ers signing up lately. Quite odd to me to come to a message board to continually piss and moan about said team. I suppose it's the same on all message boards.

Anyway, thread title is total crap. That's not what happened.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-13-2017, 03:22 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Eh, better to see mistakes in practice than on gameday.  If we start seeing them occur with frequency on gameday, then we'll know that it'll be a QB for us in the 1st or 2nd next year.  (probably should take one in the 2nd or 3rd in any case, unless Bortles gets us to the playoffs)

Exactly. People need to chill and understand this.

Bortles is the best QB on this team and its not even close. People complain about Blake's 23 and 16 last year. Henne has shown what he is for 10 years...more career INTs than TDs.

(08-13-2017, 08:16 PM)BadMojoDaddy Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 03:22 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Eh, better to see mistakes in practice than on gameday.  If we start seeing them occur with frequency on gameday, then we'll know that it'll be a QB for us in the 1st or 2nd next year.  (probably should take one in the 2nd or 3rd in any case, unless Bortles gets us to the playoffs)

Exactly. People need to chill and understand this.

I knew this would be the argument and its so stupid. He's already made those mistakes his entire career. He inst getting better. Don't put him out there hoping for a different result. Let the QB that has the best TC and preseason and be done with it.

The Bortles haters should want him to play since they think he's so bad. SF and NYJ are going to be the two worst teams and take the top 2 QBs. The Jags are going to need another awful season to pick high enough for one of those guys.

Nothing good or bad counts til September.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(08-13-2017, 08:03 PM)fufatboy Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 07:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Sooooo wrong, on so many levels.

Ok so you enjoy watching an incompetent QB fumble stumble and throw picks left in right? Today's 2 more pick sixes practice or not just dug his grave deeper. Ol Gus aint here to protect him any longer.

I have 0 expectations for the Jags this season. If we do well........ great, but if we do terrible, at least we'll get a high draft pick to get a franchise QB in the draft. Personally, I'm surprised so many people have lofty expectations for us this season. Given how poorly we played last year, you'd think people would be more realistic. Either way, Bortles will have to be near perfect this year to save his job, given his contract is up. Henne is lucky to have a job at all. He is a career backup with more INT's than Touchdowns. Starting him would be the same as giving up. I don't wanna just throw in the towel. I wanna see how things play out and then make the necessary moves.

For now, it's run first, BB or bust. Henne looked okay last week but his status as a game manager is not guaranteed. Perhaps a better system fit for him, or just a good day, we know his inconsistencies. I understand fufatboy's frustration; after years of futility such reactions are expected.

Bortles is still the most 'talented' QB in team history, in my view, though an absolute enigma. The mistakes are debilitating and not helping his cause in terms of confidence from Marrone and TC, but tis practice, though concerning because of Bortles' history. Still, let's breathe and allow this to play out.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(08-13-2017, 08:55 PM)BritJag Wrote: For now, it's run first, BB or bust. Henne looked okay last week but his status as a game manager is not guaranteed. Perhaps a better system fit for him, or just a good day, we know his inconsistencies. I understand fufatboy's frustration; after years of futility such reactions are expected.

Bortles is still the most 'talented' QB in team history, in my view, though an absolute enigma. The mistakes are debilitating and not helping his cause in terms of confidence from Marrone and TC, but tis practice, though concerning because of Bortles' history. Still, let's breathe and allow this to play out.

I guess you never seen Mark play.

(08-13-2017, 09:04 PM)uthill Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 08:55 PM)BritJag Wrote: For now, it's run first, BB or bust. Henne looked okay last week but his status as a game manager is not guaranteed. Perhaps a better system fit for him, or just a good day, we know his inconsistencies. I understand fufatboy's frustration; after years of futility such reactions are expected.

I guess you never seen Mark play.

Mark had a lot of Hall of Famers around him include his head coach
[Image: giphy.gif]

This is Leftwich vs Garrard all over again. Except there's no Garrard on the team. It was clear that Henne commanded the offense way better than Bortles. His 97 yard TD was a thing of beauty. There's no mechanical issues.

If the only thing I have to worry about with Henne are interceptions, then I'll take that.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 09:16 PM by TealHammer.)

Mark Brunell > Blake Bortles. This is not even remotely close.

I remember defending Brunell back when guys were saying he was the best QB in franchise history after he threw for 30 plus TDs.

Brunell was a stud. And led us to 4 playoff appearances. MVP of 2 probowls back when they actually played. He has key moments that put this franchise on the map.

We never had to sit around and say "it's sink or swim for Brunell "....or "let's give him more time"

You either have it or you don't.

Great news everybody, I called up Tom ( I call him that because we're so close) and told him there are some kids on the message board that think Henne should be starting. He didn't say Henne would definitely start on Thursday, but he didn't say Henne definitely wouldn't start on Thursday. Championship?

(08-13-2017, 09:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I remember defending Brunell back when guys were saying he was the best QB in franchise history after he threw for 30 plus TDs.

Brunell was a stud. And led us to 4 playoff appearances. MVP of 2 probowls back when they actually played. He has key moments that put this franchise on the map.

We never had to sit around and say "it's sink or swim for Brunell "....or "let's give him more time"

You either have it or you don't.

Yes we did say that with Mark Brunell in 2003 when we drafted Byron Leftwich
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 09:36 PM by BritJag.)

I agree with you guys. My word choice was purposeful and with single quotation marks. I said BB is the most 'talented' in Jags history (hey, he smashed all those records in just year 2). He had so much moxy and fearlessness, but that has waned, as it came back to bite him.  But what good is talent without results? I get it.

Not the best, not close thus far. The most 'talented'...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(08-13-2017, 09:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I remember defending Brunell back when guys were saying he was the best QB in franchise history after he threw for 30 plus TDs.

LOLOLOLOLOL. Since when is 18 more than 30. HAHAHHAHAHAHA