Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bucs/Jags joint practices

(08-14-2017, 01:24 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 01:05 PM)SWISHALLNETTE Wrote: Would you still put AC top 3 even though hes always injured? Patmon has to be ahead just based off this camp alone right?

I think AC stays at 3 due to experience/past performance for us. But with injury concerns, Patmon is definitely his replacement. I think Brent Martineau tweeted he's had 7 INTs this camp so far.

7 ints in camp? Wow.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-14-2017, 01:24 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 01:05 PM)SWISHALLNETTE Wrote: Would you still put AC top 3 even though hes always injured? Patmon has to be ahead just based off this camp alone right?

I think AC stays at 3 due to experience/past performance for us. But with injury concerns, Patmon is definitely his replacement. I think Brent Martineau tweeted he's had 7 INTs this camp so far.

I heard 8. He got Brady and Jameis too.

(08-14-2017, 01:05 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 12:58 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Time to update the CB ranking. Here goes...

1. Jalen Ramsey
  2. AJ Bouye
  3. Aaron Colvin
  4. Tyler Patmon
  5. Doran Grant
  6. Brian Dixon
  7. Tracy Howard
  8. Jalen Myrick
  9. Stanley Jean-Baptiste
  10. Charles Gaines
  11. Dwayne Thomas

I'm with you, but what happened to Josh Johnson? He has to be #4-5?

he got waived and we got some TE
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(08-14-2017, 01:50 PM)SWISHALLNETTE Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 01:24 PM)mvannostran Wrote: I think AC stays at 3 due to experience/past performance for us. But with injury concerns, Patmon is definitely his replacement. I think Brent Martineau tweeted he's had 7 INTs this camp so far.

I heard 8. He got Brady and Jameis too.

Might be. I'll have to try to find the tweet. I know there was one on Brady and 2 on Jameis
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

so I guess we'll see a bit of Jags on 'Hard Knocks".

(08-14-2017, 06:06 PM)Jags Wrote: so I guess we'll see a bit of Jags on 'Hard Knocks".

Looks like it. I'm sure it will be mostly Bucs, but we should see something. 

I'm really interested to see the Jack-Poz-Smith/Jack-Smith LB Corps
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye 13m13 minutes ago

Bortles 4-of-5 in hurry up vs Bucs 11 on 11, connected on four short to midrange pass before overthrowing Cole wide open downfield. #Jaguars

Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye 19m19 minutes ago

Malik Jackson and Yannick Ngakoue will not be exchanging Christmas cards with the #Bucs offense this year, safe to say. #Jaguars

(08-14-2017, 06:34 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 06:06 PM)Jags Wrote: so I guess we'll see a bit of Jags on 'Hard Knocks".

Looks like it. I'm sure it will be mostly Bucs, but we should see something. 

I'm really interested to see the Jack-Poz-Smith/Jack-Smith LB Corps

From the sounds of it, you're going to see more of the former than the latter at this point.

It sounds like the defense is really stepping up against the Bucs in practice.  Can't wait to see how that translates on Thursday.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Two scuffles between Jaguars and Buc: Chris Conte and Allen Robinson. Arrelious Benn and Adarius Glanton. Benn actually threw a punch. Upset that Glanton tackles him in 7-on-7..

Michael DiRocco, ESPN Staff Writer ^

https://twitter.com/AlyssaLang/status/89...3230803968

(08-15-2017, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Two scuffles between Jaguars and Buc: Chris Conte and Allen Robinson. Arrelious Benn and Adarius Glanton. Benn actually threw a punch. Upset that Glanton tackles him in 7-on-7..

I've been waiting for this all offseason. Its not really training camp until you have your first fight(s).

Also, boo to the Bucs for playing dirty.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Robinson's showing frustration with Bortles. Cussing at him to keep the ball in bounds.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I think we are making a big deal about one play. He also found Arob deep going against Hargreaves. Think there was animosity then too? If he misfires a bit on a deep sideline pass I can live with that. Its the bad decision making I'm sick of seeing.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(08-15-2017, 01:49 PM)realtorpat Wrote: I think we are making a big deal about one play.  He also found Arob deep going against Hargreaves.  Think there was animosity then too?  If he misfires a bit on a deep sideline pass I can live with that.  Its the bad decision making I'm sick of seeing.

Gotta disagree. like someone else pointed out in the thread talking about the issue, this has been an on going thing with the 2 of them since last season.

(08-15-2017, 02:23 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 01:49 PM)realtorpat Wrote: I think we are making a big deal about one play.  He also found Arob deep going against Hargreaves.  Think there was animosity then too?  If he misfires a bit on a deep sideline pass I can live with that.  Its the bad decision making I'm sick of seeing.

Gotta disagree. like someone else pointed out in the thread talking about the issue, this has been an on going thing with the 2 of them since last season.

I'll agree Bortles hasn't helped Arob as much as the other way around.  However in that 1v1 throw the corner actually had good position didn't bite on anything and was step for step with him actually forcing him out of bounds.  That pass has to be absolutely perfect, or out of bounds, or a pick.  I'll take 2 of those options, not the third.  Arob didn't exactly light it up on the chances he was given last year.  I have an Arob jersey and love his game but it isn't like he flat out beat the corner on this play.  The corner had good position and Arob was running out of sideline.
Go Jags!

What's being overlooked due to the fights and Bortles bad play is how good Yannick has looked. He has been an absolute monster. Can't wait for my fellow Terp to break into double digit sacks this year.

(08-15-2017, 03:33 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 02:23 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Gotta disagree. like someone else pointed out in the thread talking about the issue, this has been an on going thing with the 2 of them since last season.

I'll agree Bortles hasn't helped Arob as much as the other way around.  However in that 1v1 throw the corner actually had good position didn't bite on anything and was step for step with him actually forcing him out of bounds.  That pass has to be absolutely perfect, or out of bounds, or a pick.  I'll take 2 of those options, not the third.  Arob didn't exactly light it up on the chances he was given last year.  I have an Arob jersey and love his game but it isn't like he flat out beat the corner on this play.  The corner had good position and Arob was running out of sideline.

Stop using logic, reasoning and reality here.  It's not allowed.  If there is an in-completion or interception in practice, that means that Bortles is "trash".  mkay?  If he throws a good pass for a "touchdown" in practice that means the receiver is good and Bortles is "trash".  mkay?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-15-2017, 04:01 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 03:33 PM)realtorpat Wrote: I'll agree Bortles hasn't helped Arob as much as the other way around.  However in that 1v1 throw the corner actually had good position didn't bite on anything and was step for step with him actually forcing him out of bounds.  That pass has to be absolutely perfect, or out of bounds, or a pick.  I'll take 2 of those options, not the third.  Arob didn't exactly light it up on the chances he was given last year.  I have an Arob jersey and love his game but it isn't like he flat out beat the corner on this play.  The corner had good position and Arob was running out of sideline.

Stop using logic, reasoning and reality here.  It's not allowed.  If there is an in-completion or interception in practice, that means that Bortles is "trash".  mkay?  If he throws a good pass for a "touchdown" in practice that means the receiver is good and Bortles is "trash".  mkay?

my bad I'll get with the program and say a player with less then 50 career starts and 69 td passes is bad, and a player with 69 career starts and 72 td passes is good.
Go Jags!

(08-15-2017, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Two scuffles between Jaguars and Buc: Chris Conte and Allen Robinson. Arrelious Benn and Adarius Glanton. Benn actually threw a punch. Upset that Glanton tackles him in 7-on-7..

So Arrelious and Adarius really is a various... hmmm... curious! Laughing
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(08-15-2017, 03:33 PM)realtorpat Wrote: I'll agree Bortles hasn't helped Arob as much as the other way around.  However in that 1v1 throw the corner actually had good position didn't bite on anything and was step for step with him actually forcing him out of bounds.  That pass has to be absolutely perfect, or out of bounds, or a pick.  I'll take 2 of those options, not the third.  Arob didn't exactly light it up on the chances he was given last year.  I have an Arob jersey and love his game but it isn't like he flat out beat the corner on this play.  The corner had good position and Arob was running out of sideline.

Bortles could win us two Super Bowls and never will get passed being trash in some people minds. Some people just like to disagree and be negative all the time. Not defending bortles, but I'm keeping an open mind on him this season.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

I`m by no means saying it makes Bortles trash, just pointing out that it happend a lot last year and in my opinion had a lot to do with Robinson pressing so much and having a down year and it seems to be starting again.

realtorpat, All valid points and looking at it that way the throw makes since just worried about Robinson`s reaction.