Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
That other site

Is becoming almost un visitable with the Bortles bashing, geez. Not saying Bortles is All pro, but at this point he is our best bet. If he falters, hopfully Henne can be serviceable, now is not the time time to panic and pull of some stupid trade for a questionable qb as well. If he falls on his face, next offseason will be the time to find his replacement, website is garbage.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 06:40 AM by leopold332002.)

(08-16-2017, 10:06 PM)Adub28 Wrote: Is becoming almost un visitable with the Bortles bashing, geez. Not saying Bortles is All pro, but at this point he is our best bet. If he falters, hopfully Henne can be serviceable, now is not the time time to panic and pull of some stupid trade for a questionable qb as well. If he falls on his face, next offseason will be the time to find his replacement, website is garbage.

BCC is the national Inquirer of Blog Sites and now the sad thing is that they are bringing current players into it aka Jalen Ramsey.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Big Cult Country, if you don't agree with their opinions then you are wrong.

(08-17-2017, 06:43 AM)Go Jagwaas Derp Wrote: Big Cult Country, if you don't agree with their opinions then you are wrong.

i agree with you and would banned you if your opinions don't match up with their narrative.
[Image: giphy.gif]

I just go there to watch the vids but yeah they are super toxic. That video they made about game Twi was kinda funny though
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I sadly just went there. A guy made a literal post about pushing all his chips towards Henne and a guy said why Bortles was better. Alfie's response, you guys have got to lighten up.

The whole site is garbage. There are people here that are just as bad, but at least nobody here acts like they are professional writers.

Gave up on it a LLOOONNNGG. Time ago.
Too bad. Could have been a good site for Jags talk/info.
Oh well.
At least we're starting to get better traffic here with the preseason coming into full swing.

It's a SBNation thing...

Too bad too cuz Alfie really does seem to have an ear to the ground...

But it isn't even just about the Bortles bashing anymore... because you rehash stuff over and over when there is less content (dead zone, Jags team not bad outside of Bortles play)
But they scour their own comments section just to argue with people and put them down.

I've tried even having partial conversations asking for more information and they are in an always defend their stance "we're right, you're dumb" mode. While also actively being in "looking for a fight/argument" mode...

From what I've read... SBNation under Deadspin, doesn't pay well... so you get what you pay for...
But then again negative news spars more commentary...more clicks. Every time they post a Bortles article and get a mass of people on there whining and complaining about it they win. They don't even need you to read it. People go every day just to argue with Alfie and Ryan and Zach in the comments.

BCC might be the most active blog SBNation has because of this tactic. Hell, they might be earning themselves pay raises from Deadspin lol

I know I've said this before but Alfie always reminded me of the comic book guy from the Simpsons.

I remember when BCC was created and the impetus for doing so. The old Jaguars.com was just too limiting. But the fear in any organization or website that disseminates "news", is that they end up surrounding themselves with like minded people and result to group think. Combine that group think with snarky rhetoric and it becomes pretty unappealing. Too bad.

Bortles could save a puppy from drowning and BCC would write an article on how Bortles failed to stop the puppy from falling in the water in the first place.

The site didn't used to be so bad, I remember when they used to make fun of other teams or when they used to be the Jags first line of defense when an outsider made fun of our city/team. Now they are the ones leading the hate train.

Apparently the team broke them. I've also noticed they get the most comments on their "hot take articles", which I'm sure has nothing to do with it lol.

Who? Never heard of them.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Not a whole lot different over here sadly. Like 6 of the top 10 threads are stupid Bortles threads which is pretty much just dumb bashing of Bortles.

This board is so negative lately, I've barely spent any time reading threads because it's the same dumb stuff over and over.

Then you add on all of the knee jerk reactions people have after one freaking preseason game and that's the current board.

(08-17-2017, 05:47 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Not a whole lot different over here sadly. Like 6 of the top 10 threads are stupid Bortles threads which is pretty much just dumb bashing of Bortles.

This board is so negative lately, I've barely spent any time reading threads because it's the same dumb stuff over and over.

Then you add on all of the knee jerk reactions people have after one freaking preseason game and that's the current board.

At least there's people like Bullseye here that make quality posts and have constructive criticism vs just bashing  Banana

Meh..I go there the stuff they write doesn't bother me.
No Fun

(08-17-2017, 06:18 PM)Go Jagwaas Derp Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 05:47 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Not a whole lot different over here sadly. Like 6 of the top 10 threads are stupid Bortles threads which is pretty much just dumb bashing of Bortles.

At least there's people like Bullseye here that make quality posts and have constructive criticism vs just bashing  Banana

Oh don't get me wrong, there's definitely good posters around here, but it's hard getting to their posts when you have to sift through 4 pages of idiotic drivel to find them.

It has been a while since I've posted, but are we really complaining about people complaining about Bortles? Are we still complaining about the O-line? The running game? Bortles is missing passes plane and simple. I would be surprised if Henne doesn't start. I was hoping Bortles would turn it around, but are we really criticizing the criticism of Bortles????

I have a slightly different opinion. I think Alfie is good at covering the Jaguars and very knowledgeable of football.

I think the problem lately is if you look closely, he hardly ever gives a personal opinion or a take. He mostly quotes or refers to someone else's take and assumes the point he is making is obvious, when it's really just that he's not forming a real personal opinion on the matter anymore.

The Bortles thing is just Alfie arguing an imaginary debate. He's arguing how someone should feel about Bortles, not really selling any particular solution or alternative. Like how you should feel about his practice performance. Then someone says he's negative, and the imaginary argument continues in justifying his right to be negative.

This same pattern is seen over and over again. One party insists the future is 100% certain, and the other party argues they cannot possibly predict the future. In the future, either side can say they were right, even if it was really just a 50/50 chance all along.

I personally value opinions on things that actually HAD happened or SHOULD happen, not what WILL happen.