Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
[LIVE] ***Official Jaguars vs. Buccaneers Game Night Thread***

(08-17-2017, 07:09 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Henne will get reps with the 1's. Leftwich/garrard again

Oh crap... Here we go.
Signature goes here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

While he might get reps with the 1s, Bortles is still listed as the starter on the Jags roster for this game.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

In before attendance jokes.

I don't think we have a controversy. It's just apparent that the management isn't happy with Bortles so they're trying to light a fire under him. I don't think it's at the point where someone else will be named the starter.
No pain, no gain.

If Henne starts at any point this year and it's not due to a bortles injury, I legit won't watch the games. Bortles may not have played well, but watching henne run an offense is like watching grass grow.

Stadium is empty

It's the bucs and jags preseason. I wouldn't expect sold out crowds.

Oh [BLEEP] me. I have to listen to Gruden's hard on for Winston all night?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Well there is the public controversy plant from Gruden.

(08-17-2017, 08:01 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Stadium is empty
9 straight losing seasons and the fact that it's pre-season

Season tickets *check*
Teal deals! *check*
Jags winning in pre-season *check*

Seems like old times!

Not to mention Jason Aldean is playing a show there tonight.

(08-17-2017, 08:02 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Oh [BLEEP] me. I have to listen to Gruden's hard on for Winston all night?

I have the broadcast on mute but I did notice that Winston's intro was all highlights and Blake's intro was all INT's.

So Winston throws more INTs on less throws than Blake and is a MVP candidate, yet Bortles needs to limit his negative plays and is going to be benched for Henne... Got it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-17-2017, 07:53 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: If Henne starts at any point this year and it's not due to a bortles injury, I legit won't watch the games. Bortles may not have played well, but watching henne run an offense is like watching grass grow.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

If Bortles struggles all the way to and through the opener I'm pulling for Allen to show us some real ability.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 08:10 PM by B2hibry.)

Not sure how Winston will play with Gruden latched on to that sack.

If things were to get bad in the season with Bortles, I'd rather just bypass Henne and jump to Allen. Not sure the difference is substantial but we know what Henne gives us and that is about three decent quarters and done.

Keeping an eye on the LBs, O-line, and kicker.

so,this game is only on ESPN?

nice
Shad Khan

Good Bortles pass and 1st down pickup.