Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad should start

What are yall going to do with all those Bortles jerseys???
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well this was just a bad showing all around

The wait is over. It's time to bench Bortles and let Henne start. He's earned it.

The Bortles era is over.

Henne will end up having a worst season the Bortles would, sign Kap or trade for somebody
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Henne vs Allen for QB1.

Henne would not have a worse season than Bortles.

(08-17-2017, 11:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Henne would not have a worse season than Bortles.

Pass that please..
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I want to agree with this. But unfortunately, Henne is a bigger leap of faith than Bortles. Could you imagine a full 16 game 2017 season with Henne?

Neither can I.

Henne is the best QB on our team. Bortles stinks.

Allen should start

Both Henne and Allen have out played Blake at this point. Time to move on.

Yes as bad as it sucks to say this...Bortles time is up.

Allen looks to be worth keeping around. If he isn't in the equation I'm going to be disappointed. Maybe it's time for some new blood. He seems to have developed good chemistry with Westbrook. I saw a QB that can anticipate knowing where his player is going to be when he throws. I'd like to see him play with the 1's some day.
No pain, no gain.

Henne is playing as sharp as I have ever seen him play. Bortles looks broken.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

Next week is the week that the starters play the most. I say they split reps with the number ones and whomever performs the best gets named the starter.

(08-17-2017, 11:13 PM)Predator Wrote: Henne is playing as sharp as I have ever seen him play. Bortles looks broken.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

Next week is the week that the starters play the most. I say they split reps with the number ones and whomever performs the best gets named the starter.

That's the thing that stood out to me too. He looks pretty in command when he's been out there the past two games. Though this could be the stretch of good Henne that pops up right before the bad Henne comes out.

Henne played one series against starters from GREAT field position and then 3rd quarter 2nd string. What did I not see that makes Henne a Savior to anything. Checks at the line or the two spiral throws for incompletions?
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We've been kind of holding out hope that Bortles was being sandbagged by a terrible coaching staff and would continue an upswing under the new regime.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Henne was actually the one being held back by the Gus Circus and will show marked improvement this season. If so, I'm all for following the results no matter who is producing them.

(08-17-2017, 09:39 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Where's Rico? It's just practice right bud.

Maybe he actually has a life.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(08-17-2017, 11:28 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: We've been kind of holding out hope that Bortles was being sandbagged by a terrible coaching staff and would continue an upswing under the new regime.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Henne was actually the one being held back by the Gus Circus and will show marked improvement this season. If so, I'm all for following the results no matter who is producing them.

Henne played 5 seasons before Gus. He was never any good in those 5 years as well. 

To believe that he's magically going to be better now, going into his 10th season, is just as likely as finding the winning lotto ticket on your front porch tomorrow morning. It's not going to happen.

(08-17-2017, 11:21 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Henne played one series against starters from GREAT field position and then 3rd quarter 2nd string.  What did I not see that makes Henne a Savior to anything.  Checks at the line or the two spiral throws for incompletions?

You're absolutely right. But, at the same time Henne also looked better against NE. Plus Henne laid in two touchdowns throws tonight that's should've been caught.