Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad should start

How can we play Henne when he's been cut?

Oh wait, that was just the armchair GMs who released him a couple years ago.......
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-17-2017, 11:21 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Henne played one series against starters from GREAT field position and then 3rd quarter 2nd string.  What did I not see that makes Henne a Savior to anything.  Checks at the line or the two spiral throws for incompletions?

Hitting receivers in the hands in full stride.  Bortles has never been able to manage that.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Henne does look the best he ever has since getting here. It's actually kind of strange
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-18-2017, 07:28 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Henne does look the best he ever has since getting here. It's actually kind of strange

It's the preseason. This means nothing.

(08-18-2017, 07:28 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Henne does look the best he ever has since getting here. It's actually kind of strange
It's actually not strange. This is by far the most talent he has ever played with.

Henne is finally ready

Yeah. I say it's Henne's turn. He's earned it. With Marrone's announcement, the Bortles era is over.

All of the flip-flop in this thread is hilarious.

Henne may prove to be a better option than Bortles this year, but I hope some of you folks remember your change in stance on him next time you start bashing/writing off even younger Jags players with higher ceilings than Henne. Some of you have been bashing the guy for 5 years!!

Willing to give a 32 year old QB with 53 starts a new lease on life, but completely convinced that Fowler, after 16 games played (some with limited snaps) is a bust.
LOL. Some of you guys need therapy.

(08-18-2017, 10:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: All of the flip-flop in this thread is hilarious.  

Henne may prove to be a better option than Bortles this year, but I hope some of you folks remember your change in stance on him next time you start bashing/writing off even younger Jags players with higher ceilings than Henne.  Some of you have been bashing the guy for 5 years!!

Willing to give a 32 year old QB with 53 starts a new lease on life, but completely convinced that Fowler, after 16 games played (some with limited snaps)  is a bust.  
LOL.  Some of you guys need therapy.

Agreed, it's hilarious. People were asking why he was on the roster and calling him the worst QB in professional football history just a couple of weeks ago.  Now they think he's the savior of the season.

He is what he is, a good backup but too limited from a talent standpoint to be a real answer as a long-term starter.  Still, I'll take that over the disaster that Bortles has become.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Captain Chenne is a good quarterback. I like our chances at 8-8 or better with him at the helm this year.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 08:46 AM by Jagwired.)

(08-19-2017, 07:52 AM)Jax82 Wrote: Captain Chenne is a good quarterback. I like our chances at 8-8 or better with him at the helm this year.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thanks man, I needed that laugh this morning. ( Commences cleaning coffee from keyboard )

If the Chenne was any damn good BB5 would still be sitting and learning. He was starting because of the magnitude of the chenne's suckness.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-17-2017, 09:25 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Sign Kap.

I hate to admit it - but I agree.  He would be an instant upgrade over any other QB on the roster.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 09:12 AM by Kotite.)

So much delusion in this thread. Chad Henne is not salvation. He has virtually the same QBR as Blake. He just has a different delivery. 8-8? He's never started 16 games in a season and he has never won 8 games in a season. It will take no less than three games for any optimism about a Henne led offense to dissipate. Especially if we keep "running" the ball like we did Thursday. Might as well start scouting the 2018 draft class now. We win the off-season, not the regular season. Blame that whole front office including TC for not doing a damn thing to address the QB position and not being more aggressive with fixing the OL. Barring a miracle, it's gonna be another "top 5 pick" season.
Only a chump boos the home team!

As stated before in another thread. The only hope we had was BB5 returning to his 2015 self along with improvement and that is what the FO was counting on. If that does not come to pass they are doomed. Henne's old slow [BLEEP] would/will be lucky to survive two games behind that line before being broken.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

No one is saying Henne is the saving grace but right now, he's the better option. Who knows how much better but you can't trot Blake back out there.

If Henne can't hang, throw Allen out there but Blake needs to be cut.

Now if they make a trade like Minnesota did last year, that's a different story. Alex Smith or Teddy B would clearly be an upgrade but at what cost? Absolutely can not give up a 1st rounder because that could be our ticket to Darnold or another QB.

2nd or 3rd rounder I would do for Smith. He's a smart QB who's very accurate and could probably pick up the offense quickly.

(08-18-2017, 09:51 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
It's actually not strange. This is by far the most talent he has ever played with.

Agree. 

To be clear, I by no means think Henne is any long term answer at QB. He's no top tier QB, for sure.

But, to be fair, you're absolutely right. The last time Henne even had a fair amount of games to play, he was throwing to a completely different cast of players much worse than the talent that Blake has had at his disposal the past couple seasons. 

The only time I can remember Henne playing with ARob, Hurns was during their first two freaking games as rookies. The defense was also abysmal back then too.

ARob, Hurns, and company are much more experienced now. Plus, the defense is alot better (supposedly/hopefully) than the unit playing a few years ago. 

I believe Henne would look much better now with a more talented supporting cast than what he looked like with the "Keystone Cops" crew he was throwimg to back then (Cecil Shorts,, Blackmon four games a year). 

If Bortles keeps struggling  (hopefully not,, but it doesn't look good),, let's see what Chenne can do with these new guys.

Is Henne our Rich Gannon? Doubtful...

(08-20-2017, 04:28 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Is Henne our Rich Gannon? Doubtful...

[Image: tenor.gif]

(08-20-2017, 04:28 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Is Henne our Rich Gannon? Doubtful...

LOL!!  Good one!

No, Henne is not gonna be our Rich Gannon, lol. 

However, we've seen Bortles bumble and stumble. If he continues struggling,, what? Do we keep watching the same struggling guy over and over and over and over? 

If Bortles blows,, pull him and play Henne 2 or 3 games. If Henne blows, put Allen in. Etc.,,,,,

I hope Bortles looks good and this team starts pushing out some wins. If it doesn't happen though,, I don't want to keep watching the same old bunk happen over and over.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 04:48 PM by jtmoney.)

I'm on the Kap train. I think at this point, Jag fans will put politics behind for wins. As far as Chad Henne goes, at least he throws the ball confidently and doesn't jump on his tippy toes after every pass over 20 yards...