Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is trash!!!

The national media is ripping a new one on Blake like every day on t.v. The whole world knows it except our coaches. #WinToday?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-20-2017, 11:17 PM)haveaseat Wrote: The national media is ripping a new one on Blake like every day on t.v. The whole world knows it except our coaches. #WinToday?

The same national media that was hyping Sprinkles and the 31 Flavors as legit playoff contenders last year?

Haven't we at least learned that they just parrot what's being said locally? Coughlin's presence just garners more interest, let's not act like media people really know what's going on here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yea I don't get the #WinToday motto. The team treating like the season is over.

Some, on here, act like they've never seen Chad play before... just like Blake, he folds like a cheap tent, under pressure... we don't know what Allen has to offer but at this point giving him a chance couldn't hurt... the WR's have lost trust in Blake and that's not a good thing... on the other hand they need to step up and do their own jobs of catching the ball... two TD passes drop doesn't look good especially the one by a belly aching WR... the Jags are stuck, for this year, with what they have on the roster...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

(08-21-2017, 10:46 AM)shag52 Wrote: Some, on here, act like they've never seen Chad play before... just like Blake, he folds like a cheap tent, under pressure... we don't know what Allen has to offer but at this point giving him a chance couldn't hurt... the WR's have lost trust in Blake and that's not a good thing... on the other hand they need to step up and do their own jobs of catching the ball... two TD passes drop doesn't look good especially the one by a belly aching WR... the Jags are stuck, for this year, with what they have on the roster...

Oh I remember watching him start in person against the Eagles (Blew a gift wrapped 1st half lead) and the following week in Washington (Sacked 100 times I think). Both were just as miserable as watching Blake.

(08-21-2017, 11:33 AM)JNev Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 10:46 AM)shag52 Wrote: Some, on here, act like they've never seen Chad play before... just like Blake, he folds like a cheap tent, under pressure... we don't know what Allen has to offer but at this point giving him a chance couldn't hurt... the WR's have lost trust in Blake and that's not a good thing... on the other hand they need to step up and do their own jobs of catching the ball... two TD passes drop doesn't look good especially the one by a belly aching WR... the Jags are stuck, for this year, with what they have on the roster...

Oh I remember watching him start in person against the Eagles (Blew a gift wrapped 1st half lead) and the following week in Washington (Sacked 100 times I think). Both were just as miserable as watching Blake.

Henne was like Derek Cox .... after the 1st half of the opening game, everything went downhill from there.

I've been pretty tough on Blake Bortles since he was drafted. I did have optimism following his 2015 season despite his inconsistency that season. Last season was a major letdown and I lost most of that optimism.

I've treated the 2017 season as a make or break season for the young QB and I was literally giving him about a 50/50 chance in my mind of being able to convince the team to keep to move forward with him behind center.

I still basically feel the same way, though those 50/50 odds may be turning against him a bit now.

Looking at the throws he made in week two of preseason, he made three bad throws, and ten underwhelming but catchable passes. That's not what you want to see right now, but it's not catastrophic. Take away the dropped balls and he'd have been 10 of 13.

The thing that scared me wasn't the stat line. It wasn't so terrible. It was the way he looked in the pocket. Everything seemed hesitant, indecisive and generally uncomfortable. He'll have to look quite different after the snap this week for me to have any confidence at all in him moving forward.

Bortles probably will be regarded as trash when it's all said and done and the fluffing of him that is perpetrated by some here is pretty funny, but it doesn't change the fact that this board almost always over reacts to the pre-season both positively and negatively.

Can we see what happens Thursday night before we wet ourselves?

(08-21-2017, 03:13 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Bortles probably will be regarded as trash when it's all said and done and the fluffing of him that is perpetrated by some here is pretty funny, but it doesn't change the fact that this board almost always over reacts to the pre-season both positively and negatively.  

Can we see what happens Thursday night before we wet ourselves?

Yep just like when when Gabbert was the QB. Ones that said he was trash was spot on.