Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What did I just watch?

(08-18-2017, 05:29 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:10 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I'm not one for putting too much stock in the preseason, but the situation in Jax does not look good.

Don't give me it's just preseason. I'm sick of everyone accepting mediocrity around here and sticking up for this garbage. Last night was unacceptable.
Who is accepting mediocrity?

Just because we aren't starting new topics every hour about how much the team sucks, that means we are happy with the results?

Everyone knows Blake sucks. Everyone knows the problems with the line and that Myers stinks. We don't need to bang on the keyboard every minute to express it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-18-2017, 08:41 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 05:29 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Don't give me it's just preseason. I'm sick of everyone accepting mediocrity around here and sticking up for this garbage. Last night was unacceptable.
Who is accepting mediocrity?

Just because we aren't starting new topics every hour about how much the team sucks, that means we are happy with the results?

Everyone knows Blake sucks. Everyone knows the problems with the line and that Myers stinks. We don't need to bang on the keyboard every minute to express it.

No, you have many on here saying, it's just preseason, it's just practice, it's just week 2 of the preseason, it's just one game, it's just it was raining.

(08-18-2017, 08:44 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 08:41 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Who is accepting mediocrity?

No, you have many on here saying, it's just preseason, it's just practice, it's just week 2 of the preseason, it's just one game, it's just it was raining.

What board are you reading dude, everyone on here is calling it for the [BLEEP] show it is. You're lying to yourself to pat yourself on the back and mutter how smart you are.

(08-18-2017, 08:44 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 08:41 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Who is accepting mediocrity?

Well that's just not true. Maybe 1.... 2 tops but all I'm seeing is how disgusted people are with the game last night.

You're not some know it all. Everyone knew the holes on this team during the off season and they're showing up.

I'm not sure why people are piling on TMD, nothing he said was incorrect.

It was pretty discouraging last night on both sides of the ball. Granted we had some starters out. This is the first year I've bought season tickets since I was excited for the changes that took place. Last night reminded me too much of last season.

I'm just here so i won't get fined.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 07:43 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

I just watched highlight when jameis was scrambling and saw the jags prized free agent calais looked old, slow and tired chasing jameis, vacation time

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 07:57 PM by Sosa.)

Pathetic play out there, our 1st unit couldn't score on backups.

Our ridiculously priced defensive line couldn't get pressure on the QB. We're about to send Henne out there for the season, and that's basically rewinding to four years ago. This is unbelievable, Dave Caldwell should be ashamed of what he's built. Our line looks below average STILL, and our QB sucks STILL. We added a few shiny FA's that do absolutely nothing for this team if I'm being honest. Bouye and Calais aren't the difference makers from being 3-13 and 11-5. Get a damn OL, K, and QB for [BLEEP] sake.

(08-18-2017, 07:43 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I just watched highlight when jameis was scrambling and saw the jags prized free agent calais looked old, slow and tired chasing jameis, vacation time
He's a DT, not going to light up the world and have 20 sacks. He's here to be disruptive and constantly put pressure on the line to free others up.

Well, the offseason championship is over. Now that we're playing real football again soon, watch the Jags implode.

It's so disheartening, but there is a reason why we have the worst record in the NFL over the past 5 years - worse than even the Browns.

And at least the Browns drafted a QB...

i rewatched it and supposedly our best pass rusher Ngakoue would not even rush he would just step forward hit the olinman and stand up like it was practice. he did this a half dozen times i saw. also chris ivory falling down with no one touching him is just terrible. he needs to be gone.

(08-20-2017, 10:26 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: i rewatched it and supposedly our best pass rusher Ngakoue would not even rush he would just step forward hit the olinman and stand up like it was practice. he did this a half dozen times i saw. also chris ivory falling down with no one touching him is just terrible. he needs to be gone.

But but but on the Ivory thread they said he had no holes to run through. No way he falls down without being hit(sarcasm)

[Image: three-stooges-football.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Until we get a franchise QB, nothing really matters. Let's out do Mike Ditka and draft 7 QB'S next year.

(08-20-2017, 10:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Until we get a franchise QB, nothing really matters. Let's out do Mike Ditka and draft 7 QB'S next year.

In all honesty, I would definitely draft 2 QB's. One in the 1st and one in the 4th or 5th rounds. I remember when Washington drafted Heath Shuler with the 3rd pick in round one and then drafted Gus Frerotte in the seventh round. Shuler washed out of the league rather quickly and Frerotte was actually a pretty good QB who stuck around a long time. There's nothing wrong with doubling down on the QB position.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 01:45 AM by JAXsonVIL.)

Round 1: Darnold, Rosen, or Rudolph.
Round 4: Baker Mayfield

(Using WalterFootball rankings)

(08-21-2017, 01:44 AM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Round 1: Darnold, Rosen, or Rudolph.
Round 4: Baker Mayfield

(Using WalterFootball rankings)

I'll have to see who gets slotted where, after the season, but this looks good to me. Smile