Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB is an open competition per Marrone

(08-17-2017, 11:38 PM)archer56 Wrote: I think its a bit soon for caldwel to be fired.  It sucks that bis first rounds havent planned out, but hes done well in almost every other round. I would rather him draft people.who play like a 1st rounder in later rounds and miss on his first than have someone like gene smith again.  My only knock on dave is that the joekel pick seemed to scar him for life on an offensive like an high in the draft.

Those first round misses are weighted.  Late round success doesn't balance it out. I would expect the owner to weigh that in making any decision.  

Head coach hire - fail
LT draft - fail
QB draft - fail

Fowler might turn out to be his one saving grace, but that remains to be seen. He's looking good in the preseason, but he's been a disappointment to this point.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

FBT, WHERE did you hear they would look outside for a QB?

Blake is going to start next week and play 3 quarters.
He's our best option we have currently.
Unless we can get gorropalo from NE. Which I doubt.

(08-17-2017, 11:25 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Bring in Kap. Trade for Smith or Tyrod Taylor.

Kaepernik isn't going to be a Jag...ever, so you can let that little bit of lunacy go.  

Check Taylor's stat line tonight.  No thanks. QB rating of 12 in a preseason game.  Only an idiot would offer a trade for that.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(08-17-2017, 11:35 PM)FBT Wrote: The team isn't ruling out grabbing another QB.  Look for Tom to be burning up the phones tomorrow looking at his options.  

With the failure of the Bortles selection, I would expect Dave Caldwell to be dismissed at some point so that Coughlin can assume that role as well.

I don't know there are any realistic options out there. Henne has looked extremely sharp.

It wouldn't be the first time a mediocre starting QB has resurrected his career after being delegated a career backup. Our very own Steve Beuerlein managed that.

(08-17-2017, 11:43 PM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: Blake is going to start next week and play 3 quarters.
He's our best option we have currently.
Unless we can get gorropalo from NE. Which I doubt.

Did you watch the game tonight?  The next start he has will be in game 4 of the preseason so he can put together some film for the future.  He's done here.

(08-17-2017, 11:42 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:38 PM)archer56 Wrote: I think its a bit soon for caldwel to be fired.  It sucks that bis first rounds havent planned out, but hes done well in almost every other round. I would rather him draft people.who play like a 1st rounder in later rounds and miss on his first than have someone like gene smith again.  My only knock on dave is that the joekel pick seemed to scar him for life on an offensive like an high in the draft.

Those first round misses are weighted.  Late round success doesn't balance it out. I would expect the owner to weigh that in making any decision.  

Head coach hire - fail
LT draft - fail
QB draft - fail

Fowler might turn out to be his one saving grace, but that remains to be seen. He's looking good in the preseason, but he's been a disappointment to this point.
sorry but tell Antonio brown and tom Brady that they don't matter because they were 6th rounders please.  Last time i checked it doesnt matter where you find talent as long as you actually find it, hello richard sherman, russell wilson,telvin smith, and aj bouye.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Bortles was never a Coughlin guy anyways. He doesn't fit the mold so to speak. It was only a matter of time. Bortles is just making the decision easier.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-17-2017, 11:45 PM)Predator Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:35 PM)FBT Wrote: The team isn't ruling out grabbing another QB.  Look for Tom to be burning up the phones tomorrow looking at his options.  

With the failure of the Bortles selection, I would expect Dave Caldwell to be dismissed at some point so that Coughlin can assume that role as well.

I don't know there are any realistic options out there. Henne has looked extremely sharp.

It wouldn't be the first time a mediocre starting QB has resurrected his career after being delegated a career backup. Our very own Steve Beuerlein managed that.

They may have no alternative but to go with Henne as the starter.  I still don't think Allen could handle starting.  The guy needs more experience, and it's not going to happen between now and opening day. The team needs to start preparing for the final cuts.

Bottles is done. Officially a bust!

He'll be in jail within 24 months.

@donbanks If you're admitting that Chad Henne may be your starting answer at QB at this point, you've already lost. Right?

(08-17-2017, 11:47 PM)archer56 Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:42 PM)FBT Wrote: Those first round misses are weighted.  Late round success doesn't balance it out. I would expect the owner to weigh that in making any decision.  

Head coach hire - fail
LT draft - fail
QB draft - fail

sorry but tell Antonio brown and tom Brady that they don't matter because they were 6th rounders please.  Last time i checked it doesnt matter where you find talent as long as you actually find it, hello richard sherman, russell wilson,telvin smith, and aj bouye.
All that talent has generated 14 wins in 4 years.  I'm not dismissing the hits. But when you miss so badly on the first round picks, and you do it year after year, that's a lost investment that hinders the team greatly.  That costs men their jobs.  Caldwell was already nudged aside with the TC hire.  It won't take long for Khan and Tom to conclude he's overpaid to get them coffee.

(08-17-2017, 11:45 PM)Predator Wrote:

Nobody is coming to save this team no matter how hard you might try and think/believe it. There isn't going to be any new QBs joining this team. What you see is what you got.

Maybe Bortles flips a switch, as well as actually getting some help from his Offense Line and Running Backs. Maybe he continues to struggle. He's still the best option we have, even if it's a terrible option.

To expect Henne is going to be something besides typical Henne in his 10th season is foolish.

Bortles had by far the least amount of time to throw tonight as the O-line was abysmal early on. That being said, next game I think the same thing happens where Bortles starts Henne gets some first time reps again as well. Marrone had to of seen the O-line was the number 1 problem from the first string tonight. If Henne out shines Bortles the next 2 preseasons then start him, but tonight was a terrible evaluation based on the line and run game.

If we were in cap space hell it would be one thing to miss on a first rounder, but we're not. We essentially are just swapping draft order of people we drafted.  I'll give you your head coach arguenent, as that is 100% GM, but to say that missing on your first rounded, when in the same draft you get someone who performs as a first rounder is a fail seems more like a mathematical null than a mathematical negative

I'm just gonna say it. Romo needs to pull a Cutler and come play for us.

But why were Henne and Allen better with worse lines? At some point we have to ask ourselves what we are watching. Blake is not the guy.

(08-17-2017, 11:45 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:25 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Bring in Kap. Trade for Smith or Tyrod Taylor.

Kaepernik isn't going to be a Jag...ever, so you can let that little bit of lunacy go.  

Check Taylor's stat line tonight.  No thanks. QB rating of 12 in a preseason game.  Only an idiot would offer a trade for that.

that's some certainty! I'd love to bring Kaep by - There needs to be a QB added

Bortles should be released this week

(08-17-2017, 11:56 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: I'm just gonna say it. Romo needs to pull a Cutler and come play for us.

Yes, this. But it will never happen

Maybe they had worse lines, but those lines were also not going against TB starters