Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB is an open competition per Marrone

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 12:21 AM by Jest101.)

Anyone here still defending Bortles is lost.  He is not a leader and not a winning QB, period!

Henne and Allen may not be any better (although I think they are)....but, Bortles is certainly not any better than either of them.  He's arguably worse.  Marrone has to make a statement now for 2018.  Bortles will not be the starter and that'll let everyone know that performance/winning is all that matters.  Hopefully, we can get a franchise QB next year.

It sucks we haven't even started and the season is over.

Now, do we throw a lot of draft picks at Garoppolo?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

LOL@the people blaming it on the line. You saw how Henne worked the pocket and actually audibled the blocking while Blake is like a deer in headlights? What about the easy NFL throws that blake missed by a mile? I bet all of his receievers hate him. Time for him to ride the pine!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-18-2017, 12:03 AM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: No other team is going to trade for him mostly because of his option has been picked up.  Also they won't trade for him if it's clear we're going to cut him.  Personally I don't think Blake was any worse than anybody else out there tonight.  A-Rob dropped a touchdown pass so do we cut him?  Mercedes dropped a pass from Blake that would have led to a first down, do we cut him?  The O-Line and special teams were terrible, do we cut all of them?  I'm just saying tonight's pitiful performance truly was a team effort.

From what I understand, the 5th year option is only guaranteed if Bortles gets injured. If not, whatever team he's on, can cut bait and run and avoid paying him.

(08-17-2017, 11:45 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:25 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Bring in Kap. Trade for Smith or Tyrod Taylor.

Kaepernik isn't going to be a Jag...ever, so you can let that little bit of lunacy go.  

Check Taylor's stat line tonight.  No thanks. QB rating of 12 in a preseason game.  Only an idiot would offer a trade for that.
Tyrod Taylor is an above average QB and fits what this offense needs. The idiotic thing would be to dismiss that fact because of a bad preseason game.

(08-18-2017, 12:27 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:45 PM)FBT Wrote: Kaepernik isn't going to be a Jag...ever, so you can let that little bit of lunacy go.  

Check Taylor's stat line tonight.  No thanks. QB rating of 12 in a preseason game.  Only an idiot would offer a trade for that.
Tyrod Taylor is an above average QB and fits what this offense needs. The idiotic thing would be to dismiss that fact because of a bad preseason game.

If Tyrod is so good, why is his own team trying to run him out of town?

I guess it another losing season.

(08-18-2017, 12:20 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: LOL@the people blaming it on the line. You saw how Henne worked the pocket and actually audibled the blocking while Blake is like a deer in headlights? What about the easy NFL throws that blake missed by a mile? I bet all of his receievers hate him. Time for him to ride the pine!

Yeah, the line transformed when Henne was in there. Transformed to the tune of 7 rushes for 19 yards, 1 8-yard sack, and 0 points.

(08-18-2017, 12:29 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I guess it another losing season.

Season is over before it begins! There's always next year.

It's the #becauseJaguars way
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Blake Bortles Facts @BortlesFacts

Blake Bortles threw for more yards tonight against the @TBBuccaneers than Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees combined.

12:28 AM · Aug 18, 2017

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 12:33 AM by SamusAranX.)

Yeah. I'm just sick of it. It gets harder to even look forward to football season every year

(08-18-2017, 12:30 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:20 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: LOL@the people blaming it on the line.  You saw how Henne worked the pocket and actually audibled the blocking while Blake is like a deer in headlights?  What about the easy NFL throws that blake  missed by a mile? I bet all of his receievers hate him.  Time for him to ride the pine!

Yeah, the line transformed when Henne was in there.  Transformed to the tune of 7 rushes for 19 yards, 1 8-yard sack, and 0 points.

That was not Henne's Fault.  The line gave Henne time to throw 2 perfect TD passes that were dropped by the receivers.  Henne should of had a TD but his receivers developed butter fingers including a perfect strke to Allen Robinson.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Robinson isn't used to having the ball hit him in his bread basket. He'll adjust.

(08-18-2017, 12:06 AM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: Also personally I think that Blake is still the starter, and this is Doug just trying to coach him hard, but we'll see.

I seriously doubt that.  If he's opening it up, he's made the decision to move on. That kind of decision isn't one you go back on once it's made.  Bortles has really done nothing to warrant further consideration.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-18-2017, 12:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: Tyrod Taylor is an above average QB and fits what this offense needs. The idiotic thing would be to dismiss that fact because of a bad preseason game.

If Tyrod is so good, why is his own team trying to run him out of town?
Because he isn't perfect and has some flaws as a QB. He doesn't hit the middle of the field well and and his anticipation isn't great. What he does well is: Great deep ball, doesn't turn the ball over much and can keep plays alive/beat defenses with his legs. You can feed Arob/Lee/Westbrook deep, control the ball on the ground and keep everything ticking over.  

That's a hell of a lot better than starting Henne or playing Bortles in the state he is in.

(08-18-2017, 12:33 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:30 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Yeah, the line transformed when Henne was in there.  Transformed to the tune of 7 rushes for 19 yards, 1 8-yard sack, and 0 points.

That was not Henne's Fault.  The line gave Henne time to throw 2 perfect TD passes that were dropped by the receivers.  Henne should of had a TD but his receivers developed butter fingers including a perfect strke to Allen Robinson.

But it IS Bortles'?

Let's not act like Henne lead a drive down there. He was set up by Keelan Cole's return. It was one nice pass to Cole who smoked his man. It's not like we've never seen Bortles do that before.

Henne outplayed Bortles today, but neither had success and the blame is squarely on the line. Pretending that it isn't is just burying your head in the sand. This would still be one of the league's worst offenses with Tom Brady behind center. Our starting line went out there against the Bucs backups and 3rd stringers in the 2nd half and still had no push. That is a very serious concern.

(08-18-2017, 12:27 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:45 PM)FBT Wrote: Kaepernik isn't going to be a Jag...ever, so you can let that little bit of lunacy go.  

There's a reason the Bills aren't committed to him.  We are basically benching a first round pick for a more productive night. Taylor isn't the answer here.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Blake Bortles Facts @BortlesFacts

Blake Bortles and Tom Brady have combined for 5 Super Bowl Titles, 4 Super Bowl MVP Awards, 12 Pro Bowls, and 2 NFL MVP Awards.

9:35 AM · Aug 12, 2017

You haters need to just give it up.

(08-18-2017, 12:38 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Tyrod is so good, why is his own team trying to run him out of town?
Because he isn't perfect and has some flaws as a QB. He doesn't hit the middle of the field well and and his anticipation isn't great. What he does well is: Great deep ball, doesn't turn the ball over much and can keep plays alive/beat defenses with his legs. You can feed Arob/Lee/Westbrook deep, control the ball on the ground and keep everything ticking over.  

That's a hell of a lot better than starting Henne or playing Bortles in the state he is in.

Why give up a valuable draft pick when we will need all of our picks to get a franchise QB in the 2018 draft? I wanna keep all of our picks and possibly even trade some of our players for other team's picks.

(08-18-2017, 12:40 AM)FBT Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:27 AM)JackCity Wrote: Tyrod Taylor is an above average QB and fits what this offense needs. The idiotic thing would be to dismiss that fact because of a bad preseason game.

There's a reason the Bills aren't committed to him.  We are basically benching a first round pick for a more productive night. Taylor isn't the answer here.
Tyrods better than anyone on this roster and any other QB we could conceivably trade for. The reason they aren't commiting to him is because they think they can get a better QB than him who can play more conventionally. Which is probably true but not a given by any means.  

At worst he gives you a proven good starting QB in 2017 and a good person to start over a rookie QB in 2018 if that's how you want to go about it.  

Who would be your option to have at QB for this year while still having a decent chance to win games?

(08-17-2017, 11:31 PM)FBT Wrote: Doug Marrone has pretty much sealed the deal for Bortles in his post game presser.  He spoke to both QBs after the game, and when he came out to meet the press, he laid it out. It's an open competition.  That means Bortles is done.  After watching him tonight, I can't say that I disagreee.  The guy continues to regress.

Agreed.  Blake has again regressed.