Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell done?

(10-15-2018, 04:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Now us passing up on Sony Michel or another offensive lineman there for Taven "Bambi" Bryan is starting to look even worse under the microscope.

I get planning ahead for the future with Bryan...but damn near this entire board loved Will Hernandez, he fit a need, fit our philosophy to a T, and he's played great for the Giants. Could say the same for Goedert. Not sure Bryan was such a luxury that we should have ignored two other great talents that fit our needs right now with a contending team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2018, 04:59 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 04:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Now us passing up on Sony Michel or another offensive lineman there for Taven "Bambi" Bryan is starting to look even worse under the microscope.

I get planning ahead for the future with Bryan...but damn near this entire board loved Will Hernandez, he fit a need, fit our philosophy to a T, and he's played great for the Giants. Could say the same for Goedert. Not sure Bryan was such a luxury that we should have ignored two other great talents that fit our needs right now with a contending team.

I'll be completely honesty with you. Never heard of the guy until he was drafted. Similar to that year we took Tyson Alualu. I scratched my head then. I have a bald spot now from still scratching it. 

I am Bulldog through and through. So of course I am a bit biased. But Michel was being rightfully hyped up and ranked leading into that draft. I wanted Michel there more than anybody. Because thinking ahead I realized we could see T.J Yeldon walk after this season and Fournette missed time last year with injuries. Made more sense to take a top shelf offensive player there in RD1. Not a back-up. 

Everybody fell in love with his J.J Watt like measurable's and numbers at the combine but the missing thing was the J.J Watt like production coming out of Florida. Wish that kid would have stuck it out for his senior year now with Florida so he wasn't even on the board for the taking back in April.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This thread.....,

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8fqaZPQkFTXqWOHap6es...LIU3Vbgglg]
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(10-15-2018, 03:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 03:34 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: "I'm funny how, I mean like I'm a clown..." Geez

You said it, not me.  Go get yer shinebox.

Not today.  I'll be in Chelsea in a few weeks, I'll let you buy me a few slices.

(10-15-2018, 05:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 04:59 PM)Upper Wrote: I get planning ahead for the future with Bryan...but damn near this entire board loved Will Hernandez, he fit a need, fit our philosophy to a T, and he's played great for the Giants. Could say the same for Goedert. Not sure Bryan was such a luxury that we should have ignored two other great talents that fit our needs right now with a contending team.

I'll be completely honesty with you. Never heard of the guy until he was drafted. Similar to that year we took Tyson Alualu. I scratched my head then. I have a bald spot now from still scratching it. 

I am Bulldog through and through. So of course I am a bit biased. But Michel was being rightfully hyped up and ranked leading into that draft. I wanted Michel there more than anybody. Because thinking ahead I realized we could see T.J Yeldon walk after this season and Fournette missed time last year with injuries. Made more sense to take a top shelf offensive player there in RD1. Not a back-up. 

Everybody fell in love with his J.J Watt like measurable's and numbers at the combine but the missing thing was the J.J Watt like production coming out of Florida. Wish that kid would have stuck it out for his senior year now with Florida so he wasn't even on the board for the taking back in April.

Take a RB in the 1st round in back to back years.lol   I do think Bryan will be good but like upper said.  The pick should of been Goedert or Hernadez.  They both could of helped us this year and in the future.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2018, 06:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 05:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I'll be completely honesty with you. Never heard of the guy until he was drafted. Similar to that year we took Tyson Alualu. I scratched my head then. I have a bald spot now from still scratching it. 

Take a RB in the 1st round in back to back years.lol   I do think Bryan will be good but like upper said.  The pick should of been Goedert or Hernadez.  They both could of helped us this year and in the future.
Goedert especially.

Imagine hindsight right now and 2 years ago, Jags drafted Mahomes and Hunt/Kamara. Then this past year they draft Goedert. I like.

(10-15-2018, 06:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 06:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Take a RB in the 1st round in back to back years.lol   I do think Bryan will be good but like upper said.  The pick should of been Goedert or Hernadez.  They both could of helped us this year and in the future.
Goedert especially.

Imagine hindsight right now and 2 years ago, Jags drafted Mahomes and Hunt/Kamara. Then this past year they draft Goedert. I like.

Hernandez and Goedert were my guys and both look good. 2 of the biggest needs and BPA also.