Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Legit QB's the Jags can trade for?

(08-19-2017, 02:19 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I just realized. Tyrod taylor would be a good stop gap fit.  Hes mobile to create because the oline is gonna suck. Can throw on the run.  Looking at his stats the past 2 seasons hes got david garrard game manager numbers and thats what the jags want, strong d, run offense, dont turn the ball over. Since the bills are tanking, a 6th or 7th should do it.

Seriously Tyrod would be an amazing fit. Won't happen though gotta look at the market and I see some great options. $$$$ Manziel is rested and ready to spin it like them A&M days. Tebow is swinging wood to keep his arm warm and is ready for more playoff wins. Shane Falco is docked in the Jacksonville harbor waiting for Tom. Uncle Rico can throw a football over mountains. Romo wants in. Kap loves kitty cats, perfect fit. Joe Dirt is prime. What the hell is Tom waiting for, a Gus Bradley Ice Cream party?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just glancing over the last 10 NFL drafts, it's apparent that finding the 'franchise QB' is a real crapshoot. The list of QB's picked in every round is loaded with guys who are now out of football entirely. The QB's who stuck, and became valuable team leaders, are predominantly the ones who were picked early in round 1, although they're not a sure bet ( see Blake Bortles ). The chance of finding a Tom Brady in a middle to late round is about the same as winning the lottery. 2018 is supposedly a good year for QB's, so it seems that the teams picking 1-5 will have an excellent chance at finding that franchise QB. That being said, it appears that the best chance for the Jags is to be one of the first 5 teams to select in 2018, unless they can find a mediocre QB in 2017 who can somehow produce 20 points per game.

(08-18-2017, 11:24 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 11:08 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: Well Chiefs fans are all giddy thinking they are getting a 1st or 2nd plus Robinson, Hurns or Lee for Smith

I'd make that trade.

For 3 or 4 years of competent qb play?  It's a no-brainer. I'd trade a first and Hurns today.

I'd give a 2nd and Hurns all day. 

I really like Smith. The only issue with him is the same as Kaep, they're not great at the deep ball. Our offense is going to have a lot of deep pass opportunities with our WR speed and Fournette carrying the load. That being said, Smith just wins, and we'd have a real good shot at winning the division with him. 

I don't like Tyrod, but I do have an anti-Bills bias. He does throw a great deep ball though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Many of you still do not understand.

THE JAGS ARE IN A WIN NOW mentality. There is no tanking for next season. IF Bortles does not give the best chance to win he is benched.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-18-2017, 02:38 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Jimmy G.

McCarron

Hundley

Who else?

So, you want to set the team back further, all in the name of knee-jerk reactions? You trade for a guy, and he's just good enough to keep the team from drafting a career starter from next year's loaded crop of QBs. It takes picks away, and makes the team just good enough to select too late to get a quality career starter.

Dumb move.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(08-19-2017, 04:22 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Many of you still do not understand.

THE JAGS ARE IN A WIN NOW mentality.  There is no tanking for next season.  IF Bortles does not give the best chance to win he is benched.

No we get it.

It's the majority of people crying for a new QB who don't understand. How do you bench somebody when he's the best option you have? Even if he might not be that good of an option.

We all want far better QB play. The problem is, help isn't coming. Henne is going into his 10th year and hasn't ever thrown for more then 15 TDs in a season. Hes never thrown more TDs than INTs in a season. He's simply not good at all and his game is not going to magically change now.

The back up QB is always the most popular guy in town, until he actually gets on the field and everybody is reminded why he hasn't been playing. By that time, you're already screwed because now you're bouncing back and forth between QBs and that's never successful.

They have to give Bortles every chance to flat out sink himself this season. If week 3/4 comes and he just looks lost, no confidence, missing every throw and is costing us games, that's when you pull him and don't look back. At that point it'll be blatantly clear that it's over and you move onto Henne/Allen to finish things out.

(08-19-2017, 04:22 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 11:24 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I'd make that trade.

For 3 or 4 years of competent qb play?  It's a no-brainer. I'd trade a first and Hurns today.

I'd give a 2nd and Hurns all day. 

I really like Smith. The only issue with him is the same as Kaep, they're not great at the deep ball. Our offense is going to have a lot of deep pass opportunities with our WR speed and Fournette carrying the load. That being said, Smith just wins, and we'd have a real good shot at winning the division with him. 

I don't like Tyrod, but I do have an anti-Bills bias. He does throw a great deep ball though.

I wouldn't give up a 1st for Smith, but agree with a 2nd and Hurns or maybe even Lee. Draft a couple offensive linemen next year in rounds 1 and 3 and that team would be an immediate playoff contender. I'm still totally dumbfounded that they did not draft another guard or sign one of the top free agents at that position.

I keep hoping I'm going to refresh my Twitter feed and see that we traded for Tyrod. The Bills are tanking too, why don't they just play their rookie...

(08-19-2017, 05:03 PM)JNev Wrote: I keep hoping I'm going to refresh my Twitter feed and see that we traded for Tyrod. The Bills are tanking too, why don't they just play their rookie...

Peterman has been a disaster in camp and pre-season. Despite the underwhelming mediocrity from Taylor - They cannot afford to put Peterman under center. 
he also has yet to beat out T.J. Yates who has always been a solid backup arm

Id give Hurns and a second round pick for Jimmy G
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 06:52 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-18-2017, 11:24 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 11:08 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: Well Chiefs fans are all giddy thinking they are getting a 1st or 2nd plus Robinson, Hurns or Lee for Smith

I'd make that trade.

I wouldn't because I don't know that we get 3-4 years of competent QB play from a 33 year old guy.

He still seems to have his mobility and arm strength. but who knows when his skills would fall off due to age?

If the goal is to have a winning season this year?  Maybe...but then would the price be worth it?

(08-25-2017, 08:13 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Id give Hurns and a second round pick for Jimmy G

I'm sure you would...as would I.

I'm equally sure the Pats would reject that offer delayed only by overwhelming laughter.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-18-2017, 05:32 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Man, I would give up a 1st and a 3rd for Jimmy G.

and then you will [BLEEP] when the draft comes because they can't pick up who you want because they used the picks to get a qb instead of waiting until the draft to get a better one

(08-19-2017, 04:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 04:22 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Many of you still do not understand.

THE JAGS ARE IN A WIN NOW mentality.  There is no tanking for next season.  IF Bortles does not give the best chance to win he is benched.

No we get it.

It's the majority of people crying for a new QB who don't understand. How do you bench somebody when he's the best option you have? Even if he might not be that good of an option.

We all want far better QB play. The problem is, help isn't coming. Henne is going into his 10th year and hasn't ever thrown for more then 15 TDs in a season. Hes never thrown more TDs than INTs in a season. He's simply not good at all and his game is not going to magically change now.

The back up QB is always the most popular guy in town, until he actually gets on the field and everybody is reminded why he hasn't been playing. By that time, you're already screwed because now you're bouncing back and forth between QBs and that's never successful.

They have to give Bortles every chance to flat out sink himself this season. If week 3/4 comes and he just looks lost, no confidence, missing every throw and is costing us games, that's when you pull him and don't look back. At that point it'll be blatantly clear that it's over and you move onto Henne/Allen to finish things out.

Even with Bortles we aren't competing for the playoffs this year. You forgot to mention the huge issue of the injury clause in Bortles contract , if he plays this year and gets injured bad enough that he's still having issues in march we are on the hook for 20 million guaranteed next year. A sum of money which would seriously hamper our ability to re-sign our players and improve places like the Oline or sign another QB. It's a huge risk , one that outweighs the gain of playing Bortles.

Tony Romo

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 08:30 PM by nhiverson.)

(08-18-2017, 12:08 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Jags don't need to trade.  Sign Uncle Rico.  He's got a strong arm and good mechanics.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Good mechanics?? He has great mechanics sign him now!! Laughing

Why not just trade or sign someone just try someone new. I swear start Allen or anything different...
No Fun

(08-25-2017, 08:13 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Id give Hurns and a second round pick for Jimmy G

You'd only be two first round picks short of landing him in that case.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]