Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hypothetical -- Could Lebron kill the NBA

What if Lebron would decide to go to Golden State after this season and play for the league minimum, essentially enabling the Warriors to field the following starting lineup:

* Steph Curry
* Clay Thompson (SG) if they go small - take out Pachulia
* Lebron James
* Kevin Durant 
* Dramon Green 
* Zaza Pachulia © if they go big -- insert Lebron at SG and take out Clay

Could a move like this severely impact the NBA (e.g. fan disinterest / boycott / lower ratings / lower attendance)  ???  Obviously the NBA wouldn't die but what impact do you think this would have on the NBA -- do you watch now, would you watch then?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Could he? sure. Will he? Not likely. His legacy would be forever tainted.

(08-23-2017, 10:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Could he? sure. Will he? Not likely. His legacy would be forever tainted.

I tend to agree.   The outcry of him "chasing the ring" and "can't win without great players" would really muddy the waters of his legacy (which many believe is already tainted).

(08-23-2017, 02:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 10:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Could he? sure. Will he? Not likely. His legacy would be forever tainted.

I tend to agree.   The outcry of him "chasing the ring" and "can't win without great players" would really muddy the waters of his legacy (which many believe is already tainted).

Yeah, the whole Miami thing was really the first "super team", so most would consider that ring chasing. However, going to GS would be on a whole different level.

Would that severely hurt the NBA? Yes. Nobody would watch it. The ratings would tank because its a foregone conclusion who would win.

My guess is he does his own sort of "super team." I wouldn't put it past him to go to Houston, or possibly LA and try to add a few major pieces around him. At this point he can take a really small salary so that teams can add the major pieces, but would he really sacrifice salary for that? He hasn't done it in Cleveland. He's making over 30mm in 2017 alone....I don't see him taking league minimum or any less than 20mm to play anywhere. 20mm is pushing it.

Lol .... I brought this topic up in August and much to my surprise Lebron heading to GSE was a topic of discussion on ESPN --- O-U-C-H

bump --- still think this would be funny (in a devastating way)

(05-15-2018, 02:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: bump --- still think this would be funny (in a devastating way)

I actually enjoyed the playoff so far this season. I have enjoyed watched Houston up until last night. I know a lot of people would hate it but I think it would be funny if he went to a team like Houston.

(05-15-2018, 11:31 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 02:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: bump --- still think this would be funny (in a devastating way)

I actually enjoyed the playoff so far this season. I have enjoyed watched Houston up until last night. I know a lot of people would hate it but I think it would be funny if he went to a team like Houston.

The cool thing about watching teams like GS and Houston are that it's back to old school NBA where teams used to actually push the ball up the court.  During the Pat Riley Knicks & Heat days, the NBA playoffs changed to a more physical possession type game in which teams would win with scores in the 80s.  The new uptempo game of the NBA is much more fun to watch but just a little anti-climatic knowing GSW is going to win it all (most likely by 5 games in each round).

The well rounded teams today certainly do have a much different look/feel than the others, and it's a slaughter when they match up against less balanced teams - even in the playoffs where the teams are better overall.

Like in football, or any sport really... when you can dictate the game you want to play against your opponent, you have the advantage.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."