Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Xbox One X

Anyone buying?

I just put $100 down on the Project Scorpio edition. I'll either trade in my S or sell it towards the X.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I will most likely be buying one. With all the specs, the only thing I'm a tad disappointed in is it doesn't have a SSD. But the cost I'm sure would then be too high for them to sell millions of them. Hopefully I can buy my own and use it vs the built in hard drive.

I don't see why you couldn't. I have a 2TB external HD plugged into my One S. Don't see why you couldn't just plug in a SSD instead.

GameStop's trade in credit of the S will mean I'm essentially paying $350 for the special edition X. Can't complain with that. Plus I already have a 4K tv to take advantage of.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Honest question, is it that much better?

(08-30-2017, 01:22 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Honest question, is it that much better?

Short answer? Yes, the X blows it away in every way. 

Long answer? It depends. 

First, the price. $500 for the X, $250 for the S

What kind of games do you play? Witcher 3 style graphical demands or Madden?

Does frame rate matter to you? Do you care if it dips get or there or takes a second to render sometimes?

Do you have a 4K TV?

The X will also most likely be the best platform for any future VR plans Microsoft may have. And while it might not have "exclusives" it will be similar to when a new console comes out and there's the X version and the One version (most likely upgradeable for free if you upgrade consoles later)

So for someone like myself who games fairly regularly and prefers those graphically intense games. Absolutely it's going to be a lot better and we'll worth the cost.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I don't really play video games, I was just wondering... in regards to Xmas presents or whatever.

Thanks.

(08-30-2017, 03:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I don't really play video games, I was just wondering... in regards to Xmas presents or whatever.

Thanks.

Gotcha. It will definitely be a far superior console and hold up better for future games. The question would really come down to price for you on that one. If you can justify the more expensive one, and the recipient is mature enough to take care of it, it's worthwhile.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If you don't have or plan on getting a 4k capable tv then just go for the Xbox One S now since the OG One has been discontinued. That's the reason I holding off on buying it cause I wont be getting a 4k tv for a couple of years and by then the prices will be even less. Not knocking the price of the X because I do think the price for it is justified.

(08-30-2017, 03:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I don't really play video games, I was just wondering... in regards to Xmas presents or whatever.

Thanks.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/xb...-s-2993240

This helped me decide tremendously.

XBox One X is a whole lot of extras that the casual gamer and most kids don't need.
It's an investment to be made by the most hardcore of gamers...

(09-01-2017, 03:26 PM)Kane Wrote:

Thanks.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/xb...-s-2993240

This helped me decide tremendously.

XBox One X is a whole lot of extras that the casual gamer and most kids don't need.
It's an investment to be made by the most hardcore of gamers...

The kid gave it the nay-no when I not so casually brought it up.

[Image: IMG_20171107_003653_897.jpg]

Awwww yeah
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(11-07-2017, 08:45 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [Image: IMG_20171107_003653_897.jpg]

Awwww yeah

Well...how is it?

It's awesome. It's heavier than I expected, and I really like the all blacked out controller styling. Seems to run a bit quieter, doesn't sound like it's working so hard spinning a disc. B

Games load significantly faster, and play at much steadier frame rates. The "enhanced games" are definitely a noticeable difference, luckily I have a 4k tv to truly take advantage of it.

I just played through the campaign of COD WW2 yesterday and it looked brilliant.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I was going to ask about the load times. Some games take way too long. I pretty much play cod and battlefield only. I will be getting 4k soon. Just really waiting for prices to go down a bit since there really isn’t any 4k programming unless you stream. I’m off next week I think I’ll get the X.

(11-09-2017, 06:41 AM)Jags Wrote: I was going to ask about the load times.   Some games take way too long.   I pretty much play cod and battlefield only.  I will be getting 4k soon.  Just really waiting for prices to go down a bit since there really isn’t any 4k programming unless you stream.  I’m off next week I think I’ll get the X.

If you can justify the price, it's worthwhile IMO. Games like Witcher 3 which have ridiculous load times were much faster. Also the graphic rendering in game is better. You know how sometimes the ground in front of you is really blurry and then it kicks into better graphics? Well that definitely doesn't happen anymore.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If I bought an X, would I be able to use my existing Xbox one interchangeably? Meaning, if I played a game on the x, would I be able to shut that off and use the other (in another room) under same Xbox live account and my multiplayer stuff carry over to either one of them?

Yep, I think I’m getting one next week. If I can find the bundle with the elite controller only. After using an elite I just can’t go back and use a normal one. Don’t wanna sync controller every time I move locations. Also not spending 150 extra on controller again. I think the bundle is 599. So it saves 50 on the controller

I did it. Bought the X! Also got the elite controller as well for the bundle price. I’m pretty sure the GameStop nerd girl did it at that price because she thought I was HAWT! That placed was packed with nerds/geeks.

Good to see you went for it! As for the "interchangeability" yes you can since the Xbox uses cloud saves now. You'll probably have to re-sync when switching consoles, but it should work. I transferred all of my games to external but no save data and it picked up where I left off.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I usually use an external HD too. But just to get me going today I saved a couple on the X HD. I must say it downloaded at 265Mb/s on average. Way faster than had I done it to an external. Not sure if it’s the X and it’s hardware or the fact I wasn’t slowed down by the capabilities of either the USB or my external. If it’s an external HD issue, would you happen to know of a good one that will allow it to download at what the Xbox is capable of?

I found the ‘interchangeable’ answer online which is what made me go ahead and do it. Tested both consoles. Signs me in to either one without a problem. Obviously I can’t be on both at once. But that isn’t really needed for what I wanted to do.