Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Xbox One X

(11-11-2017, 07:59 PM)Jags Wrote: I usually use an external HD too.  But just to get me going today I saved a couple on the X HD.  I must say it downloaded at 265Mb/s on average.  Way faster than had I done it to an external.  Not sure if it’s the X and it’s hardware or the fact I wasn’t slowed down by the capabilities of either the USB or my external.   If it’s an external HD issue, would you happen to know of a good one that will allow it to download at what the Xbox is capable of?

I found the ‘interchangeable’ answer online which is what made me go ahead and do it.   Tested both consoles.  Signs me in to either one without a problem.  Obviously I can’t be on both at once.  But that isn’t really needed for what I wanted to do.

I use a Western Digital brand external, but I generally download straight to the Xbox and then transfer so I can't say if the drive was slowing your downloads or not.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2017, 08:31 PM by Jags.)

(11-11-2017, 08:05 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 07:59 PM)Jags Wrote: I usually use an external HD too.  But just to get me going today I saved a couple on the X HD.  I must say it downloaded at 265Mb/s on average.  Way faster than had I done it to an external.  Not sure if it’s the X and it’s hardware or the fact I wasn’t slowed down by the capabilities of either the USB or my external.   If it’s an external HD issue, would you happen to know of a good one that will allow it to download at what the Xbox is capable of?

I found the ‘interchangeable’ answer online which is what made me go ahead and do it.   Tested both consoles.  Signs me in to either one without a problem.  Obviously I can’t be on both at once.  But that isn’t really needed for what I wanted to do.
Yeah, too many variables to know for sure.  Maybe I’ll do some tests.  I know the WD HD’s are good.  I’m hoping in the near future SSD drives will come down in price.   I’d love to use one for the speed alone.  But to get one big enough to store a bunch of games it’s just stupid expensive.  Last I checked it was as much as the console.  Even then, I’m not sure if the load times and download would be as good as what I have experienced today.  With my original xb one, the cod load time was super slow and downloading games onto my external would fluctuate from 30-186 Mb/s.  So far, (having the X for maybe 6 hours) the cod load time is easily half what it was and my download speeds are now peaking at what I’d imagine the Xbox can handle.  
I use a Western Digital brand external, but I generally download straight to the Xbox and then transfer so I can't say if the drive was slowing your downloads or not.

Not sure how I managed to quote you like that.  Looks like what I said is what you posted,  Undecided

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 10:52 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I rented COD WW2 on PS4 to play with my bro this weekend and there's a SUBSTANTIAL graphical difference between the PS and XBX Enhanced version.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS