Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Griff's QB Draft Prospects

(09-03-2017, 10:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 09:27 PM)1griff2 Wrote: I have to give it Lamar Jackson. He looked infinitely better in the opener.

I didn't need to watch him. I just saw the stat line which said he rushed 21 times. No thanks. I don't want some gimmicky running QB. I want a pocket passer who can scan the field and find open receivers.

For what its worth in college sack is a rush

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-03-2017, 08:05 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Josh rosen is gonna suck. His stock will drop and probably get injured because his OC is jedd fisch

Well, it didn't exactly drop tonight. He showed toughness responding to being "beaten up" in the 1st and leads his team to an amazing comeback win. That tight end also had a lot to do with it coming up with catch after catch.

yall pre-ordering the Rosen jerseys yet

(09-04-2017, 02:11 AM)haveaseat Wrote: yall pre-ordering the Rosen jerseys yet

Maybe after I see how good/bad we play this Sunday.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-03-2017, 08:05 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Josh rosen is gonna suck. 

491 yards and 4 TDs in the opener. 

Turrible!

(09-03-2017, 06:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agree with Jaglou on Jackson being a great college player and that is it.  His game wont translate to the pros.
What part of his passing game won't translate?

(09-04-2017, 11:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 08:05 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Josh rosen is gonna suck. 

491 yards and 4 TDs in the opener. 

Turrible!

Just wondering though... Weren't most of those stats compiled during the dreaded "garbage time"?

I'm not a Rosen hater... just wondering if A&M started playing soft D and allowed UCLA to throw their way back into it....

(09-06-2017, 11:10 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 11:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 491 yards and 4 TDs in the opener. 

Turrible!

Just wondering though... Weren't most of those stats compiled during the dreaded "garbage time"?

I'm not a Rosen hater... just wondering if A&M started playing soft D and allowed UCLA to throw their way back into it....

Not garbage time if you win. 

Plus I'm sure they weren't playing soft when UCLA was within reach.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-06-2017, 09:38 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 11:10 AM)Kane Wrote: Just wondering though... Weren't most of those stats compiled during the dreaded "garbage time"?

Not garbage time if you win. 

Plus I'm sure they weren't playing soft when UCLA was within reach.

Meh... I saw a sure INT go right through the defenders hands for a TD.
Another into a crowd where UCLA receiver just magically came down with....

And the garbage time thing was a little tongue in cheek.... cuz if it was Bortles it would have been called garbage time.

I'm not sold on this kid being NFL ready. I'm totally sold he's an NFL talent.... but if he comes out early some bad NFL team will ruin him a la Browns and Jags

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 11:25 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Mason Rudolph had another very impressive showing last night going 25/38 for 335 3 TD's and 0 INT's against South Alabama. He also added a rushing TD for good measure as well. He completed passes to 8 different receivers in the game as well. His stats would've been even more impressive had his receiver not dropped a sure TD in the first quarter and there were a couple more drops in the game as well. The more I watch him, the more I see him as a franchise NFL QB. The accuracy and touch he puts on his passes is something this team has lacked for a long while. He scans the field quickly and never locks onto his receivers. I think he'll be one of the fastest risers in the draft by season's end. One of the most impressive things I saw from him last night wasn't even a completion. He was being rushed as two defenders burst over the line. He was able to avoid the first defender, but second one looked like he was gonna get to Rudolph. Right before being hit, the QB threw the ball off his back foot, as his body was twisting and he still had more than enough arm strength to throw the ball way out of bounds and avoid the sack. To me, that was an NFL throw. He was not only able to avoid a loss of yardage, but he didn't want to force the ball downfield and possibly cause an INT. Instead, he just took the loss of down, like any NFL QB should be taught to do. I was thoroughly impressed.

I can't wait to see some of the other QB prospects as well this weekend.

Was watching Rudolph last night and some of his throws were amazing. Looks like the real deal. This is the deepest college QB class I can remember.

(09-09-2017, 11:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Was watching Rudolph last night and some of his throws were amazing.  Looks like the real deal.  This is the deepest college QB class I can remember.

But we'll end up taking Josh Allen
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 01:08 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Lamar Jackson looking good. Especially on that deep to pass. He's actually bigger than I thought. 6'3" 212lbs.but they said he was probably around 195 last year so he bulked up for sure.

For comparison:

Mariota 6'4" 223
Winston 6'4" 227
Carr 6'3" 218
Cousins 6'3" 210

So Jackson is actually in line this year on his size. He's been going through some progressions nicely from what I've seen in this game with UNC.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

College Qbs that are shotgun and clap their hands to hike the ball, are nfl busts

Lamar Jackson QB1 ezpz.

Jackson, Rudolph, and Rosen. Need one of these 3 in the first.

Mayfield in the 3rd or later would be nice too.

Also, if Alex Smith is a FA next year is sign him up too. We need this position fixed.

(09-09-2017, 02:39 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: College Qbs that are shotgun and clap their hands to hike the ball, are nfl busts

That almost every college QB over the last 10 years 

Jackson can pass the ball, his running is a plus would love him or Rosen
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

The more good performances by these prospects, the better it makes me feel. Tonight I look forward to watching Darnold and Stidham.

(09-09-2017, 04:25 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: The more good performances by these prospects, the better it makes me feel. Tonight I look forward to watching Darnold and Stidham.

I'm gonna be flipping back and forth to watch Darnold, Mayfield and Falk.

Looks like here they wont be showing stanford vs usc, instead hurricane news, just flat out sucks, there are other stations showing hurricane news, fox30