Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What to realistically expect from Fournette this season

[Image: 1-million-yards.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

After seeing Edelman, Meredith, and Ware go down for the year you can understand why the Jaguars were overly cautious with their #1 draft pick

(08-30-2017, 11:29 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 07:57 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: there is no way he only has 180 carries this year.. no. way.

I'm saying 250 carries for just barely breaking 1000 yards... 8 rushing tds... 40 catches for 350 yards and 1 more TD

he will get just about 4.0 ypc having to deal with a crappy line, they will try to get him 1000 in that last game.  To get 1000 he needs just over 63 ypg if he plays in every game, I think its doable even behind this line

At 250 carries he'll need at least 5.0 ypc to set a new Jaguars rookie rushing record. 

I dont think he will be breaking any record this year with our line

G: 15
Att: 266
Att/G: 17.8
Yds: 950
Avg: 3.6
Yds/G: 63.3
TD: 11
Lng: 32
1st: 36
1st%: 13.5
20+: 2
40+: 0
Fum: 3

(08-30-2017, 04:24 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: G: 15
Att: 266
Att/G: 17.8
Yds: 950
Avg: 3.6
Yds/G: 63.3
TD: 11
Lng: 32
1st: 36
1st%: 13.5
20+: 2
40+: 0
Fum: 3

College stats don't mean anything in the NFL.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

800-900 yards, though he has the attitude to do more.

And teams will NOT live off stacking the box against us. We actually have receivers and a qb who struggles in zone coverages.

You stack the box leaving 3 dbs against us and it will be big play after big play.

(09-01-2017, 03:39 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: 800-900 yards, though he has the attitude to do more.

And teams will NOT live off stacking the box against us. We actually have receivers and a qb who struggles in zone coverages.

You stack the box leaving 3 dbs against us and it will be big play after big play.

So you think them NOT stacking the box against Fournette will only net him 8-900? That would be severely disappointing
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

15 20 yard+ rushes 8 tds around 1100 yards
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Man, there are going to be some highly disappointed fans with all these inflated stats being thrown out there. Would be nice, but not probable.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 11:27 PM by Banatha.)

He is a Ford GT with a lot of miles on it. I expect some impressive runs, some close to pro bowl seasons, but just missing due to the small market and a perpetually bad line. Out of football by year 6 with injuries.( if playing Gypsy with a crystal ball).

(09-01-2017, 11:27 PM)Banatha Wrote: He is a Ford GT with a lot of miles on it. I expect some impressive runs, some close to pro bowl seasons, but just missing due to the small market and a perpetually bad line. Out of football by year 6 with injuries.( if playing Gypsy with a crystal ball).

[Image: image.png?w=400&c=1]

Thought it would be fun to come back to here and post Fournette's "on pace for" numbers after the first 1/4 of the season:

1140 rushing yards
48 catches, 500 receiving yards
16 total TDs.

Ill take those all day long While the TD number will likely go down, his YPC should start increasing when you see that we're through the tough part of the schedule.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 11:23 AM by maheo30.)

I don't buy the stacking the box excuse. Gurley had to deal with the same thing and he averaged 4.8 his rookie year. Lamar Miller had no QB last year and he averaged 4.0. Heck, even Alfred Blue was able to average 3.8 the previous season. 3.5 is a joke even with defenses stacking the box.

(10-07-2017, 11:22 AM)maheo30 Wrote: I don't buy the stacking the box excuse. Gurley had to deal with the same thing and he averaged 4.8 his rookie year. Lamar Miller had no QB last year and he averaged 4.0. Heck, even Alfred Blue was able to average 3.8 the previous season. 3.5 is a joke even with defenses stacking the box.

Why did you left out Gurley's 2nd year? he faced the same, and averaged 3.2 ypc.

(10-07-2017, 11:22 AM)maheo30 Wrote: I don't buy the stacking the box excuse. Gurley had to deal with the same thing and he averaged 4.8 his rookie year. Lamar Miller had no QB last year and he averaged 4.0. Heck, even Alfred Blue was able to average 3.8 the previous season. 3.5 is a joke even with defenses stacking the box.

Lol. Have you watched any of the games this year? He's been fantastic at gaining extra yards and getting the most he can out of his blocking. He's pass protected well and been fantastic catching the ball out of the backfield. You should be stoked about his play so far, instead of being a whiney little bee atch.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 12:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

How good your oline is comes in to play as well

(10-07-2017, 12:27 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Lol. Have you watched any of the games this year? He's been fantastic at gaining extra yards and getting the most he can out of his blocking. He's pass protected well and been fantastic catching the ball out of the backfield. You should be stoked about his play so far, instead of being a whiney little bee atch.
Their oline is much better this year with Sullivan and Whitworth, not to mention they have to worry about Goff going down field as well. Lots of factors come in to play other than just if the box is stacked or not

He's been almost exactly as I expected. Good based on bulk, but will leave us wanting from an efficiency standpoint. His best asset is that he is stopped for negative yards far less often than the average RB. Unfortunately the NFL is not designed to have the 10-15 grueling play drives that are his specialty either so his lack of big plays is a significant downer (I know a lot of that is due to running out of 21 and 12 personnel far too much).

I still think that much like the Cowboys are already wishing they had taken Ramsey or even Buckner instead of Elliott, we are going to be wishing we had taken Hooker or Adams or Howard or heck maybe even Watson as soon as next year too.

(10-07-2017, 12:40 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Thought it would be fun to come back to here and post Fournette's "on pace for" numbers after the first 1/4 of the season:

1140 rushing yards
16 total TDs.

Ill take those all day long  While the TD number will likely go down, his YPC should start increasing when you see that we're through the tough part of the schedule.

His YPC is bad because he hasn't had any explosive runs.  His longest was 17 yards.  And it doesn't help that several of his big runs keep getting called back for a dumb penalty.

(10-07-2017, 01:46 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 12:40 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Thought it would be fun to come back to here and post Fournette's "on pace for" numbers after the first 1/4 of the season:

1140 rushing yards
16 total TDs.

Ill take those all day long  While the TD number will likely go down, his YPC should start increasing when you see that we're through the tough part of the schedule.

His YPC is bad because he hasn't had any explosive runs.  His longest was 17 yards.  And it doesn't help that several of his big runs keep getting called back for a dumb penalty.

I agree. For the record, I'm not knocking is YPC, I just know that's pretty much the only thing that looks negative against him.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Fournette is doing pretty darn well considering what we have seen the last few years. Always falling forward. The coaches need to use him better though IMO.