Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tragic fire at my old house

(10-12-2017, 07:19 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The charge was homicide, not murder. Not quite the same crime.

Actually, it's exactly the same crime.

So what is the purpose of calling it homicide instead of murder?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2017, 07:21 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:19 PM)TJBender Wrote: Actually, it's exactly the same crime.

So what is the purpose of calling it homicide instead of murder?

Because that's the word they used when they wrote the law?

(10-12-2017, 07:24 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:21 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: So what is the purpose of calling it homicide instead of murder?

Because that's the word they used when they wrote the law?

It could be. All I know is that's the word the Westerville Police Department is using in this case.

(10-12-2017, 07:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:24 PM)TJBender Wrote: Because that's the word they used when they wrote the law?

It could be. All I know is that's the word the Westerville Police Department is using in this case.

So why is a man who fell asleep while cooking fries being charged with murder?

(10-12-2017, 07:39 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It could be. All I know is that's the word the Westerville Police Department is using in this case.

The timing could have had something to do with it. Everybody was sleeping and he was tired, so there was no logical reason to be cooking something in the middle of the night.

Anyone else lol whenever she uses the word logical?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-12-2017, 08:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:39 PM)TJBender Wrote: So why is a man who fell asleep while cooking fries being charged with murder?

The timing could have had something to do with it. Everybody was sleeping and he was tired, so there was no logical reason to be cooking something in the middle of the night.

I cook stuff in the middle of the night all the time. It's called a midnight snack. Hell, sometimes it's dinner. Does that make me an attempted murderer?

(10-12-2017, 08:23 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The timing could have had something to do with it. Everybody was sleeping and he was tired, so there was no logical reason to be cooking something in the middle of the night.

I cook stuff in the middle of the night all the time. It's called a midnight snack. Hell, sometimes it's dinner. Does that make me an attempted murderer?

The Attack Helicopter Cooks at Midnight: A Murder Mystery
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 08:55 PM by WingerDinger.)

(10-12-2017, 08:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:23 PM)TJBender Wrote: I cook stuff in the middle of the night all the time. It's called a midnight snack. Hell, sometimes it's dinner. Does that make me an attempted murderer?

The Attack Helicopter Cooks at Midnight: A Murder Mystery

Yes they do.. But that's because I build them Smile

(10-12-2017, 08:23 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The timing could have had something to do with it. Everybody was sleeping and he was tired, so there was no logical reason to be cooking something in the middle of the night.

I am not claiming to know more than what was reported. It is notable, however, that a person who was clearly too tired to do anything would go to bed with the stove on.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 10:02 PM by TJBender.)

(10-12-2017, 09:58 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:23 PM)TJBender Wrote: I cook stuff in the middle of the night all the time. It's called a midnight snack. Hell, sometimes it's dinner. Does that make me an attempted murderer?

I am not claiming to know more than what was reported. It is notable, however, that a person who was clearly too tired to do anything would go to bed with the stove on.

I'm sure his last thought before sleeping was more "glarrrrrrrrgh" and less "Gee, I should go check and make sure the stove's turned off." I don't think he intended to go to bed with the stove on, do you?

(10-12-2017, 08:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The Attack Helicopter Cooks at Midnight: A Murder Mystery

Yes they do.. But that's because I build them Smile

Are you my mommy?  Love

(10-12-2017, 10:02 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 09:58 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I am not claiming to know more than what was reported. It is notable, however, that a person who was clearly too tired to do anything would go to bed with the stove on.

I'm sure his last thought before sleeping was more "glarrrrrrrrgh" and less "Gee, I should go check and make sure the stove's turned off." I don't think he intended to go to bed with the stove on, do you?

(10-12-2017, 08:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yes they do.. But that's because I build them Smile

Are you my mommy?  Love

I could be.. for the right price

[Image: giphy.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-12-2017, 10:02 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 09:58 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I am not claiming to know more than what was reported. It is notable, however, that a person who was clearly too tired to do anything would go to bed with the stove on.

According to the article I posted, police want to know if he was drunk or taking other drugs that can impair his ability to sense danger. I don't know if they have his urine yet.

What bothers me about all this is the house does not have a working smoke detector. Of all the renovations that were made to increase its resale value, none of them were replacing the smoke detector and adding another one in the kitchen. I took that personally.

(10-12-2017, 07:39 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It could be. All I know is that's the word the Westerville Police Department is using in this case.

Could be negligent homicide I suppose.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-13-2017, 06:39 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:39 PM)TJBender Wrote: So why is a man who fell asleep while cooking fries being charged with murder?

Could be negligent homicide I suppose.

I never heard of that. One possibility I thought about (without proof, of course) is the suspect broke the smoke detector after everyone else fell asleep. This certainly would be a case worth locking him up for such a behavior can be proven. Otherwise, negligent homicide is a more logical charge.

It's like when someone learns a new word and they use it over and over..

Did anyone click on the links?

(10-13-2017, 12:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Did anyone click on the links?

I don't want a virus. It might homicide my computer.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 01:14 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-13-2017, 12:33 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 12:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Did anyone click on the links?

I don't want a virus. It might homicide my computer.

They are legit websites from local newspapers and TV stations.

Even if your computer got a virus, it would not die anyway.

Now stop the jokes if you don't want more negative ratings.