Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tragic fire at my old house

(10-13-2017, 12:33 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 12:06 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Did anyone click on the links?

I don't want a virus. It might homicide my computer.

Shes gonna homicide your rating

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-13-2017, 01:14 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 12:33 PM)TJBender Wrote: I don't want a virus. It might homicide my computer.

They are legit websites from local newspapers and TV stations.

Even if your computer got a virus, it would not die anyway.

Now stop the jokes if you don't want more negative ratings.

Then I hope you’re not upset when you get negative ratings back.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 01:42 PM by RicoTx.)

It really pisses me off that they haven't gotten urine samples yet.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-13-2017, 01:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 12:33 PM)TJBender Wrote: I don't want a virus. It might homicide my computer.

Okay...that’s pretty funny.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-13-2017, 01:41 PM)Rico Wrote: It really pisses me off that they haven't gotten urine samples yet.

The article was written last week, so they might have it now.

(10-13-2017, 01:41 PM)Rico Wrote: It really pisses me off that they haven't gotten urine samples yet.

They tried to get the suspect to give them one, but he fed them a load of crap instead.

(10-13-2017, 02:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I will keep posting any updates I receive because I need to. It everyone else's job to treat me like a person who lost her own daughter, even though I never knew her.

Ummmmm... no...

Good grief.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-13-2017, 11:15 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 06:39 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Could be negligent homicide I suppose.

I never heard of that. One possibility I thought about (without proof, of course) is the suspect broke the smoke detector after everyone else fell asleep. This certainly would be a case worth locking him up for such a behavior can be proven. Otherwise, negligent homicide is a more logical charge.
The dude was drunk. Came home to make some fries and fell asleep as they were cooking. The lack of smoke detectors made this a lot worse than it needed to be.

The "suspect" did not break into a home, make fries, break the smoke detector and then fall asleep on purpose. This was an accident. I had a friend in college come home drunk and put a pizza in the oven and then fall asleep. We all woke up to the smoke detectors going off except for him because he can't hold his liquor and was passed out.

(10-13-2017, 02:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I will keep posting any updates I receive because I need to. People who think joking about the losses of a home and a life and someone suffering injuries  owe me a clear explanation for doing so that is completely logical to me. Just an apology is not enough.

You.. are.. owed.. nothing..

Incredibly sad story.  Loss of life is tragic especially for someone so young with so much to look forward to.

If unintended like the story seems to indicate the man will have to live with the fact that his actions were the cause of the death and that has to be very hard.

As for the charges, I am absolutely no legal expert but there are probably lots of reasons why a DA is pursuing it early in an investigation as that is probably the maximum charge that could be brought for the situation. It would be their responsibility to investigate the worst possible situation where the man knew his actions were going to start a fire and left it on purpose rather than just falling asleep and causing a negligent death.  That may or may not be hard to prove.

Throughout the pre-trail process they will decide if they are going to pursue that charge or a lesser charge at a trial depending on how the evidence lines up.

Sad stuff all around.

(10-13-2017, 02:51 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 11:15 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I never heard of that. One possibility I thought about (without proof, of course) is the suspect broke the smoke detector after everyone else fell asleep. This certainly would be a case worth locking him up for such a behavior can be proven. Otherwise, negligent homicide is a more logical charge.

The dude was drunk. Came home to make some fries and fell asleep as they were cooking. The lack of smoke detectors made this a lot worse than it needed to be.

The "suspect" did not break into a home, make fries, break the smoke detector and then fall asleep on purpose. This was an accident. I had a friend in college come home drunk and put a pizza in the oven and then fall asleep. We all woke up to the smoke detectors going off except for him because he can't hold his liquor and was passed out.

I can understand that. Cops did not find anything suspicious while firefighters and EMTs were there, so the only reason they opened an investigation is it resulted in a fatality. But the possibility makes me wonder about his whereabouts and if there was too much beer in the refrigerator. And yes, the lack of a working smoke detector made it much worse.

WOW!!!!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-13-2017, 02:58 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:51 PM)Frailbones Wrote: The dude was drunk. Came home to make some fries and fell asleep as they were cooking. The lack of smoke detectors made this a lot worse than it needed to be.

I can understand that. Cops did not find anything suspicious while firefighters and EMTs were there, so the only reason they opened an investigation is it resulted in a fatality. But the possibility makes me wonder about his whereabouts and if there was too much beer in the refrigerator. And yes, the lack of a working smoke detector made it much worse.
The amount of beer left in the fridge has nothing to do with what happened. You can never have too much beer in your fridge.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 03:24 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-13-2017, 02:57 PM)Takedakai Wrote: Incredibly sad story.  Loss of life is tragic especially for someone so young with so much to look forward to.

If unintended like the story seems to indicate the man will have to live with the fact that his actions were the cause of the death and that has to be very hard.

As for the charges, I am absolutely no legal expert but there are probably lots of reasons why a DA is pursuing it early in an investigation as that is probably the maximum charge that could be brought for the situation. It would be their responsibility to investigate the worst possible situation where the man knew his actions were going to start a fire and left it on purpose rather than just falling asleep and causing a negligent death.  That may or may not be hard to prove.

Throughout the pre-trail process they will decide if they are going to pursue that charge or a lesser charge at a trial depending on how the evidence lines up.

Sad stuff all around.

I did not expect the suspect to be charged of anything because police knew soon enough it was cooking related. Once my sister went up to her room while baking cookies and forgot about it. My dad said the S word when smoke reached the kitchen table. No problem: just turn the oven off, open all of the windows, and put out the flames on the burnt cookies (all of them were on fire). I was thinking about this when I read about the cause of the fire and why it ruined the entire house because it seemed to be exactly the same mistake. But his chances of failing the drug test are high IMO. At least my sister made cookies long before her bedtime, which is a critical difference.

The city sheriff is pursuing it. No reports mention a district attorney. Of course I don't know everything they are doing because I no longer live in Westerville. What lesser charges are options in the case?

(10-13-2017, 03:04 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:58 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I can understand that. Cops did not find anything suspicious while firefighters and EMTs were there, so the only reason they opened an investigation is it resulted in a fatality. But the possibility makes me wonder about his whereabouts and if there was too much beer in the refrigerator. And yes, the lack of a working smoke detector made it much worse.

The amount of beer left in the fridge has nothing to do with what happened. You can never have too much beer in your fridge.

LOL Actually it does. One can of beer is not enough to get a person drunk, right? He could have had a full case or bottle.

(10-13-2017, 03:16 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:57 PM)Takedakai Wrote: Incredibly sad story.  Loss of life is tragic especially for someone so young with so much to look forward to.

Sad stuff all around.

I did not expect the suspect to be charged of anything because police knew soon enough it was cooking related. Once my sister went up to her room while baking cookies and forgot about it. My dad said the S word when smoke reached the kitchen table. No problem: just turn the oven off, open all of the windows, and put out the flames on the burnt cookies (all of them were on fire). I was thinking about this when I read about the cause of the fire and why it ruined the entire house because it seemed to be exactly the same mistake. But his chances of failing the drug test are high IMO. At least my sister made cookies long before her bedtime, which is a critical difference.

The city sheriff is pursuing it. No reports mention a district attorney. Of course I don't know everything they are doing because I no longer live in Westerville. What lesser charges are options in the case?

(10-13-2017, 03:04 PM)Frailbones Wrote: The amount of beer left in the fridge has nothing to do with what happened. You can never have too much beer in your fridge.

LOL Actually it does. If the amount of beer in the fridge is less than the amount needed to have a blood alcohol level of 0.08 (the maximum allowed under Ohio law), it's too much. If there was only one can of beer, he probably went to a bar and taken home by a designated driver.
LOL No. It does not. Unopened beer cans mean absolutely nothing. Do you know how many beers he bought? Maybe those beers have been in there for months? Maybe he wasn't drinking just beer?

Beer cans mean nothing.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 03:26 PM by TJBender.)

Knock it off, J-Dub. Your goal here is clear: make this some kind of personal tragedy for you in hopes of being the victim and getting all the attention. Your now-deleted post proves it.

Someone died in a fire. Wow, that's tragic. It is. But it happens, and no one but you tries to make a huge deal of being personally devastated because a house you once lived in burned down.

You want a reason to be devastated? One of my best friends from college lost everything in Santa Rosa a few days ago. Everything. She had time to throw on clothes, grab her dog and get in the car, and now everything she owns is gone. Know what's remarkable? I've been on the phone with her for a couple hours over the last few days, and she's [BLEEP] about losing her own home for about five minutes, whereas you're still pissing and moaning about someone else's house burning down constantly, days after you opened this thread.

Go away, J-Dub. Someone quote this so they can see it, please.

(10-13-2017, 03:26 PM)TJBender Wrote: Knock it off, J-Dub. Your goal here is clear: make this some kind of personal tragedy for you in hopes of being the victim and getting all the attention. Your now-deleted post proves it.

Someone died in a fire. Wow, that's tragic. It is. But it happens, and no one but you tries to make a huge deal of being personally devastated because a house you once lived in burned down.

You want a reason to be devastated? One of my best friends from college lost everything in Santa Rosa a few days ago. Everything. She had time to throw on clothes, grab her dog and get in the car, and now everything she owns is gone. Know what's remarkable? I've been on the phone with her for a couple hours over the last few days,  and she's [BLEEP] about losing her own home for about five minutes, whereas you're still pissing and moaning about someone else's house burning down constantly, days after you opened this thread.

Go away, J-Dub. Someone quote this so they can see it, please.
No problem captain.

(10-13-2017, 01:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

That's straight up funny right there. I gave you an up vote to counteract Jdub's down vote.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 04:46 PM by scottyg.)

(10-13-2017, 03:16 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [quote pid='1043252' dateline='1507921484']

LOL Actually it does. One can of beer is not enough to get a person drunk, right? He could have had a full case or bottle.
[/quote]

So shouldn't they be counting the empties?  A fridge full of beer isn't getting anyone drunk if they're already passed out.

Oops... took out too much I guess.