Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mayfield or Jackson

Grier
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mayfield and Jackson aren't nfl QBs. Both great college QBs but neither guy has all the tools and the physical size. I could see Mayfield possibly being an outlier small guy that makes it in the NFL, similar to Brees, but I would still be surprised.

Rosen, to me, is the best nfl qb prospect that could be in this draft.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(09-12-2017, 05:13 PM)Achilles Wrote: Mayfield and Jackson aren't nfl QBs. Both great college QBs but neither guy has all the tools and the physical size. I could see Mayfield possibly being an outlier small guy that makes it in the NFL, similar to Brees, but I would still be surprised.

What do you think Jackson is lacking tool wise and physical size wise to keep being an NFL QB?

(09-12-2017, 08:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 05:13 PM)Achilles Wrote: Mayfield and Jackson aren't nfl QBs. Both great college QBs but neither guy has all the tools and the physical size. I could see Mayfield possibly being an outlier small guy that makes it in the NFL, similar to Brees, but I would still be surprised.

What do you think Jackson is lacking tool wise and physical size wise to keep being an NFL QB?

I'm curious to know as well cause Jackson is 6'3 and around 215.  And his accuracy has improved over the course of each year...we'll still need to see how he looks at the end of this season but so far so good.  I've seen plays from this year where last year he would've took off and ran but now he's trusting his protection and throwing the ball downfield instead.  Jackson appears to be special.

I'm getting higher on Jackson each week. He's been making some very impressive throws. Interested to see him keep it up
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-14-2017, 11:52 AM)jg77 Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 08:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: What do you think Jackson is lacking tool wise and physical size wise to keep being an NFL QB?

I'm curious to know as well cause Jackson is 6'3 and around 215.  And his accuracy has improved over the course of each year...we'll still need to see how he looks at the end of this season but so far so good.  I've seen plays from this year where last year he would've took off and ran but now he's trusting his protection and throwing the ball downfield instead.  Jackson appears to be special.

The 3 biggest issues in order are probably too slight of a frame, accuracy questions (has looked better so far this season,) and the ability to read the middle of the field.

If he nips the latter two issues in the bud, then maybe he lasts in the NFL if he really cuts down on running and taking hits, but as of right now that's a huge gamble for a team in the first round. 

To me Lamar Jackson is essentially another Watson, so if you love what Watson is doing, you'll probably be a Jackson fan, but Watson does not look like a promising nfl qb right now. We will see how they both progress.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(09-15-2017, 08:31 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 11:52 AM)jg77 Wrote: I'm curious to know as well cause Jackson is 6'3 and around 215.  And his accuracy has improved over the course of each year...we'll still need to see how he looks at the end of this season but so far so good.  I've seen plays from this year where last year he would've took off and ran but now he's trusting his protection and throwing the ball downfield instead.  Jackson appears to be special.

The 3 biggest issues in order are probably too slight of a frame, accuracy questions (has looked better so far this season,) and the ability to read the middle of the field.

If he nips the latter two issues in the bud, then maybe he lasts in the NFL if he really cuts down on running and taking hits, but as of right now that's a huge gamble for a team in the first round. 

To me Lamar Jackson is essentially another Watson, so if you love what Watson is doing, you'll probably be a Jackson fan, but Watson does not look like a promising nfl qb right now. We will see how they both progress.
Jacksons middle of the field work is elite though, thats where him and Rosen make their money.

Comparing Jackson to Watson is incredibly lazy and bordering on profiling.

(09-15-2017, 08:18 PM)Upper Wrote: Comparing Jackson to Watson is incredibly lazy and bordering on profiling.

2 quarterbacks with smaller than normal frames, questionable accuracy, and lack of proficiency reading the field, both were Heisman contenders last year, both rely on their legs too much for the NFL right now, but yeah, lazy and racist...idiot.

You make it sound like a quarterback who was just drafted in the 1st round, was a consensus 1st rounder, and whom the team who drafted him gave up two 1sts to obtain, is an undraftable mess.

Small frame, inaccurate, can't read the field, and reliant on running instead of passing.

(09-16-2017, 01:59 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: You make it sound like a quarterback who was just drafted in the 1st round, was a consensus 1st rounder, and whom the team who drafted him gave up two 1sts to obtain, is an undraftable mess.

Small frame, inaccurate, can't read the field, and reliant on running instead of passing.

Lamar Jackson will probably get drafted in the first round too. Plenty of QBs are consensus first rounders and don't pan out in the NFL, and oddly enough if you go back to my original post, I stated that i don't think Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield are NFL qbs. I don't think Watson is either. 

Just because someone has some flaws doesn't mean they're an undraftable mess. 

Either way we will see how all of these guys pan out, and if I was betting on their success, I'd bet against it, just based on the reasons I already listed.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017, 08:28 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-16-2017, 01:19 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 08:18 PM)Upper Wrote: Comparing Jackson to Watson is incredibly lazy and bordering on profiling.

2 quarterbacks with smaller than normal frames, questionable accuracy, and lack of proficiency reading the field, both were Heisman contenders last year, both rely on their legs too much for the NFL right now, but yeah, lazy and racist...idiot.

You should know that whenever you compare 2 QB's of color, no matter how similar they are, even if they are clones, someone is gonna imply that you are racist. That's the society we live in today. Personally, I see your comparison for what it is and I totally agree with you. It isn't racist or lazy. It's what many football fans see their playing style and stature are very similar.

Riley Ferguson

If Lamar Jackson has questionable accuracy at times then every QB has questionable accuracy at times. He doesn't miss easy throws any more often than any other top QB prospect. He also reads the field extremely well and has a cannon for an arm unlike Watson. They are not very similar.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017, 03:31 PM by JackCity.)

(09-16-2017, 08:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 01:19 AM)Achilles Wrote: 2 quarterbacks with smaller than normal frames, questionable accuracy, and lack of proficiency reading the field, both were Heisman contenders last year, both rely on their legs too much for the NFL right now, but yeah, lazy and racist...idiot.

You should know that whenever you compare 2 QB's of color, no matter how similar they are, even if they are clones, someone is gonna imply that you are racist. That's the society we live in today. Personally, I see your comparison for what it is and I totally agree with you. It isn't racist or lazy. It's what many football fans see their playing style and stature are very similar.
This coming from the guy who said McCaffrey would suck because he's white

(09-16-2017, 02:35 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Riley Ferguson

Riley Ferguson is a middle if the road type of QB, who looked like Tom Brady this week because of UCLA's putrid defense.

Jackson with a beautiful drive against one of the best defenses in the country.

(09-16-2017, 08:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jackson with a beautiful drive against one of the best defenses in the country.

Hasn't done squat since.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017, 10:08 PM by JackCity.)

(09-16-2017, 09:58 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 08:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jackson with a beautiful drive against one of the best defenses in the country.

Hasn't done squat since.
Sure hasn't. He's played poor.

Hey remember, we can't draft Baker Mayfield because of the curse of the "B"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS