Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mayfield or Jackson

Mayfield > Jackson to me rn. Still think Rosen is far and away the best prospect.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-16-2017, 10:23 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Mayfield > Jackson to me rn. Still think Rosen is far and away the best prospect.

Those are my favourite 3 at the mo.   

(Jackson just threw a pick 6)

Rosen
Rudolph
Darnold
Mayfield
Jackson

This has the feel of Lamar Jackson's version of Derek Carr vs USC. Any one game is still a relatively small piece of the evaluation puzzle.

Lamar jackson is not a nfl qb, just a higlight reel college qb

Darnold looking like BB5

(09-16-2017, 11:41 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Darnold looking like BB5

There is one major difference. Bortles is either close to being a finished product or he is already there. Darnold is far front that point. He hasn't even started an entire season of college football yet. Remember, he wasn't installed as the Trojans starter until the 4th game of last year. On top of getting used to the spotlight, he's also dealing with a new set of receivers than he had last year. While he is not my favorite college QB or even my 2nd favorite, I'm not willing to write the guy off just yet. I don't believe he will enter the draft after this season, but if he did, I wouldn't totally be opposed to selecting him. I would however, refuse to start him no matter what, until at least the start of the 2019 season. Ideally, I'd rather find a QB who was more pro ready, but I still see quite a bit of upside to Darnold. It just might take longer than we would want.

So....Lamar Jackson couldn't hit the broad side of Dabo Swinney's ears last night.

Not a good showing against one of the only real defenses he's going to face this year.

Obviously one game doesn't tell the tale but he's got a lot to work on if he plans on being successful in the NFL. The stats don't even show how off the mark he was. Again, looked a lot like Watson.....the ball was almost as familiar with the turf as it was with their intended targets.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Lamar looked terrible in that first half. But again, you can't judge him based on just passing. Clearly if he couldnt run, he wouldnt be a first round QB. He just doesnt have the accuracy you'd want or need as a pure pocket passer.

But he can run. And that is part of his game. The threat of his running, opens up the passing game. He could be the next Mike Vick who was a solid NFL QB. RG3 did have a good season before he got injured which derailed his career. If Lamar can learn to get down and not take shots, maybe his career will be more like Mike Vick's.

(09-09-2017, 11:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I'll be happy with either of them next year if Bortles fails. Mayfield won me over tonight. That kid can play. The team rallies around him.

Lose like winners

(09-16-2017, 10:54 PM)Upper Wrote: This has the feel of Lamar Jackson's version of Derek Carr vs USC. Any one game is still a relatively small piece of the evaluation puzzle.

You know, after thinking about it maybe this was a great thing for us. I still think the defense is good enough and the schedule is weak enough that if a couple of the QBs do separate themselves we won't pick high enough to draft them.

Hopefully the same severe overreaction that happened with Carr vs USC happens with Jackson vs Clemson and maybe we can get a steal like Carr was.

I'm still aboard on the Lamar Jackson train. With Rosen, Darnold and possibly Allen (ew). Jackson will probably be a 2nd-3rd round QB in the draft next year. Hard to withhold my excitement of seeing him in an offense with Fournette.

Rudolph
Mayfield
Watch out for Fitzgerald...
if he has a good year he could start climbing boards.
and every week I think I like Rosen and Darnold as prospects for this year less and less. Just not sure they are ready and some team will have to deal with severe growing pains in year one.

I think some of these other guys, especially the seniors are plug and play QBs.

(09-16-2017, 08:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jackson with a beautiful drive against one of the best defenses in the country.

lol

I personally think throwing motion is overrated. But the longer the motion, the stronger the arm needs to be. If Darnold has a looping motion and an average arm, could be a problem for him.

I need to watch more of Rudolph. I don't care about the system as much. If Dan Marino had played at Texas Tech he'd still be Dan Marino. At some point you have to scout the player not the system. Just can't be fooled by it.  If Rudolph is a big kid with a big arm and is really accurate down the field it may not matter what system he is in.

Rudolf
Kelly Bryant

(09-19-2017, 08:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 08:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: Jackson with a beautiful drive against one of the best defenses in the country.

lol

And promptly went waay downhill.

Another not impressive game for Jackson's passing....hes great with the ball when he decides to take off...but that's not gonna work in the nfl.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(10-06-2017, 04:04 AM)Achilles Wrote: Another not impressive game for Jackson's passing....hes great with the ball when he decides to take off...but that's not gonna work in the nfl.

I still believe some team desperate for a QB, is gonna fall in love with his athleticism and totally ignore all the other red flags. He's gonna get over-drafted, have a breakout season as a rookie and everything is gonna go straight downhill after that. I believe he sticks around the league for a maximum of 6 years while coaches try (and fail) to turn him into an NFL pocket passer.

(09-16-2017, 04:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 02:35 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Riley Ferguson

Riley Ferguson is a middle if the road type of QB, who looked like Tom Brady this week because of UCLA's putrid defense.

Guy went off again last night...still like him as a 3rd/4th rounder over Jackson/Mayfield in the late 1st/2nd round.