Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mayfield or Jackson

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 09:06 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-07-2017, 08:20 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 04:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Riley Ferguson is a middle if the road type of QB, who looked like Tom Brady this week because of UCLA's putrid defense.

Guy went off again last night...still like him as a 3rd/4th rounder over Jackson/Mayfield in the late 1st/2nd round.
Anthony Miller in the 1st and Ferguson in the 3rd, Mark Andrews in the 2nd and sign a G in FA. Hopefully we can get a proven vet QB in FA too

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2017, 01:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Steve Young, Randall Cunningham and Russell Wilson all ran the ball an average of 10-12 times per game. Look it up. That's roughly half of what Jackson runs per game. Michael Vick was never a good NFL QB, on top of being a first class scumbag and I already stated my thoughts on Newton. We need real NFL prospects. Young guys who can stand in the pocket and throw while under pressure. Jameis Winston, David Carr and Kirk Cousins are fairly recently drafted QBs that are the types of guys I like. Pure passers.

I assume you are referring to Derek Carr. David works at NFL Network. Derek is a good scrambler in the pocket and usually able to feel pressure coming at him (notice he got hurt by trying to avoid a sack). If I was a team scout, that would be a high priority in my search for a future franchise QB. If a QB ran a lot in college, I would expect him to that ability in the NFL. The problem is some QBs check out of too many pass plays or think, "Here's a hole, so I should just run now instead of throw it," when a receiver is wide open farther down the field. With the right OC and QBC, shouldn't the QB theoretically be able to learn when it is better to throw to that open receiver than run after the first read?