Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
News Bot

Lightbulb 

I have read multiple threads started by Jaxson in which other posters complained he/it is spamming the board. Here is a prime example of how people react to the bot's behavior:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=23058

I appreciate the idea to have real Jaguars news posted here, but there certainly must be a better way to do it because of the spamming appearance it creates. Here is an idea: at the the top of The Home Team forum, add a closed thread with Jaguars.com and Florida-Times Union website links. In The League forum, do the same with NFL.com.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So is this just going to be JDub's Complaint Box Forum now?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-17-2017, 10:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So is this just going to be JDub's Complaint Box Forum now?

As it happens, it's a Board Feedback forum, so her post is on-topic. Your reply, on the other hand, is not.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-17-2017, 10:43 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I have read multiple threads started by Jaxson in which other posters complained he/it is spamming the board. Here is a prime example of how people react to the bot's behavior:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=23058

I appreciate the idea to have real Jaguars news posted here, but there certainly must be a better way to do it because of the spamming appearance it creates. Here is an idea: at the the top of The Home Team forum, add a closed thread with Jaguars.com and Florida-Times Union website links. In The League forum, do the same with NFL.com.

Thank you for your input. The bots are a work in progress, we appreciate any and all feedback.
- Bob Marley

I love the Bots, I think we should have several more in all the forums to keep the content current and fresh.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-17-2017, 12:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I love the Bots, I think we should have several more in all the forums to keep the content current and fresh.

I like the idea. The problem is the forum gets cluttered with non-stories and little things many people don't care about, as opposed to just the real news.

So Jdub can call Jaxon a bot, but nobody is allowed to call Jdub a troll.. correct?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(09-17-2017, 12:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So Jdub can call Jaxon a bot, but nobody is allowed to call Jdub a troll.. correct?

False equivalency is false.

There is an appropriate forum for both observations. JW chose the correct path for hers.
- Bob Marley

(09-17-2017, 01:19 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 12:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So Jdub can call Jaxon a bot, but nobody is allowed to call Jdub a troll.. correct?

False equivalency is false.

There is an appropriate forum for both observations. JW chose the correct path for hers.

Oh please. Stop with the hypocrisy. You and JIB wanna be her knights in shining armor? Fine, but put a leash on her and treat her like everyone else on this board.

Dude, seriously, the game is on, it's good, and this is what you're worried about?

JW made a post in the appropriate forum. You have methods at your disposal with which you can deal with any member with whom you have issues. Use them.
- Bob Marley

Hypocrites in shining armor will hypocrite. Roll on..

(09-17-2017, 02:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Dude, seriously, the game is on, it's good, and this is what you're worried about?

JW made a post in the appropriate forum. You have methods at your disposal with which you can deal with any member with whom you have issues. Use them.

It was after this the game went sour.

(09-17-2017, 02:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hypocrites in shining armor will hypocrite. Roll on..

I sometimes wonder what has happened in some people's life that has made them so full of hatred and anger. What makes them want to make other people's lives miserable? Sometimes people just are not gotta get along and that's fine. In fact, that's the way things work in life. But dang, why do they feel the need to berate someone for days on end?

What ever happened to "if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything"?
Or how about at least "We get it, you don't like someone. Enough is enough."
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

(09-17-2017, 06:52 PM)Superuser Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 02:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Dude, seriously, the game is on, it's good, and this is what you're worried about?

(09-17-2017, 02:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hypocrites in shining armor will hypocrite. Roll on..

I sometimes wonder what has happened in some people's life that has made them so full of hatred and anger. What makes them want to make other people's lives miserable? Sometimes people just are not gotta get along and that's fine. In fact, that's the way things work in life. But dang, why do they feel the need to berate someone for days on end?

What ever happened to "if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything"?

My mom taught me this for years, but she later changed her tune to saying obvious lies (while denying that's what they are) to make other people happy. If you want me to respect you, you have to respect me first!

For a "superuser" you sure don't seem to understand the internet.  Ninja

Speaking of obvious lies.

Dang, I jinxed us!?!?
- Bob Marley

(09-18-2017, 01:33 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 06:52 PM)Superuser Wrote: It was after this the game went sour.

Dang, I jinxed us!?!?

Now we know who to blame!!! Angry
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-18-2017, 02:11 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 06:52 PM)Superuser Wrote: It was after this the game went sour.

My mom taught me this for years, but she later changed her tune to saying obvious lies (while denying that's what they are) to make other people happy. If you want me to respect you, you have to respect me first!

Your respect Isn't worth having.

On topic, I think Jaxson does post a little bit of overkill. To be honest, I have no valid way to fix it, but sometimes it's a bit much.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-20-2017, 01:08 PM)mvannostran Wrote: On topic, I think Jaxson does post a little bit of overkill. To be honest, I have no valid way to fix it, but sometimes it's a bit much.

So do Clot and Tinhorn. I am sure there is a valid way to fix it.

Since TMD is banned, can you also add a TMD bot?