Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Banning Opposing Fans

(10-12-2017, 10:18 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Sometimes, someone's comments are so stupid and unintelligible, they can be the most humorous thing you have read all day. I mean so humorous that you revisit the thread multiple times a day just to laugh.. Why block that poster if that much ignorance brightens your day with that much laughter?

I agree. I would not want to see you removed from posting on this board.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2017, 11:08 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:18 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Sometimes, someone's comments are so stupid and unintelligible, they can be the most humorous thing you have read all day. I mean so humorous that you revisit the thread multiple times a day just to laugh.. Why block that poster if that much ignorance brightens your day with that much laughter?

I agree. I would not want to see you removed from posting on this board.

All good in da hood

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-11-2017, 09:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 08:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: So you have an inside Vulcan, hm?

Hey [BLEEP], she said moderator not Administrator.  Get it right.  It's not my job to ban people.

Your response is very...emotional. Fascinating.

(10-12-2017, 12:58 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 09:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Hey [BLEEP], she said moderator not Administrator.  Get it right.  It's not my job to ban people.

Your response is very...emotional. Fascinating.

He's only human.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 06:45 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-12-2017, 09:29 AM)Superuser Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So we're limited in the number of ratings we can give another user per day,  can that be turned off? It seems to be a needless limitation.

You are saying that you attempted to negative (or positive) rate a single user multiple times in a day and the system stopped you? This was a feature I did not know we had.

And no, this feature will not be disabled. Seems like a perfectly valid anti-spam feature that serves to benefit the overall health of the board. I see absolutely no reason for a user to be negatively rated a multitude of times; it would seem more beneficial for everyone involved to block the user. I can also see the same from a positive rating side, a few positive ratings is enough to get the point across.

If you don't want people to give the same member multiple negative ratings, why are so many of my negative ratings from the same members? Look at my reputation pages and you will clearly see a ton of them are by the same members, not 120 different people.

(10-16-2017, 06:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 09:29 AM)Superuser Wrote: You are saying that you attempted to negative (or positive) rate a single user multiple times in a day and the system stopped you? This was a feature I did not know we had.

And no, this feature will not be disabled. Seems like a perfectly valid anti-spam feature that serves to benefit the overall health of the board. I see absolutely no reason for a user to be negatively rated a multitude of times; it would seem more beneficial for everyone involved to block the user. I can also see the same from a positive rating side, a few positive ratings is enough to get the point across.

If you don't want people to give the same member multiple negative ratings, why are so many of my negative ratings from the same members? Look at my reputation pages and you will clearly see a ton of them are by the same members, not 120 different people.

The rates are for individual posts, not the user. Your problem is that every one of your posts should be down voted, so it's like a user rating instead.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-16-2017, 06:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 09:29 AM)Superuser Wrote: You are saying that you attempted to negative (or positive) rate a single user multiple times in a day and the system stopped you? This was a feature I did not know we had.

Perhaps if you weren't so liberal with your use of the down button on people's' reputations, your number would reflect much differently.  Did you ever consider that?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-17-2017, 04:05 PM)FBT Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 06:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: If you don't want people to give the same member multiple negative ratings, why are so many of my negative ratings from the same members? Look at my reputation pages and you will clearly see a ton of them are by the same members, not 120 different people.

Perhaps if you weren't so liberal with your use of the down button on people's' reputations, your number would reflect much differently.  Did you ever consider that?

Now I am not rating anyone anymore and is still not going down.

(10-17-2017, 07:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 04:05 PM)FBT Wrote: Perhaps if you weren't so liberal with your use of the down button on people's' reputations, your number would reflect much differently.  Did you ever consider that?

Now I am not rating anyone anymore and is still not going down.
It's going to take some time and effort on your part to see your rating change, either up or down.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-17-2017, 08:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 07:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Now I am not rating anyone anymore and is still not going down.

It's going to take some time and effort on your part to see your rating change, either up or down.

Apparently I have to bite my fingers. Wallbash

(10-17-2017, 08:47 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 08:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's going to take some time and effort on your part to see your rating change, either up or down.

Apparently I have to bite my fingers. Wallbash

Finally, a post I can up vote!

Question 

Is there anything I can do (realistically, of course) to get more up votes? Is it possible to bring my member rating back up to zero again?

(10-31-2017, 01:46 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Is there anything I can do (realistically, of course) to get more up votes? Is it possible to bring my member rating back up to zero again?

Sure.. quit acting like your normal self..

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 05:52 AM by WingerDinger.)

Quit being so condescending
Quit being so naive
Quit trying to correct other people's mistakes
Quit trying to pass your opinion off as fact
Quit threatening to report people
Quit down voting others for their opinion
Quit trying to turn every thread about you
Quit demanding answers from other posters
Quit calling out other posters fan hood
Quit calling out posters for their spelling
Quit being so damn literal.

And for God sake, learn how to Google..

That's just a start..

(10-31-2017, 05:26 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 01:46 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Is there anything I can do (realistically, of course) to get more up votes? Is it possible to bring my member rating back up to zero again?

Sure.. quit acting like your normal self..

He said "realistically"...

(10-31-2017, 05:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Quit being so condescending
Quit being so naive

That's just a start..

These are actually all good suggestions.  Many of them could benefit a large number of posters here. 

ON TOPIC:  Most have noticed by now, that regardless how annoying opposing fans can occasionally be, the moderating team does a decent job of steering them from being out of line and they tend to disappear on their own in due time anyway. 

A little patience goes a long way.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 12:24 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Winger knows being so literal is a problem I can't fix. And in fact I know how to use Google, but that is not as helpful to me as other people realize. The other stuff makes sense, but not the last two.

(10-31-2017, 12:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 05:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Quit being so condescending
Quit being so naive

That's just a start..

These are actually all good suggestions.  Many of them could benefit a large number of posters here. 

ON TOPIC:  Most have noticed by now, that regardless how annoying opposing fans can occasionally be, the moderating team does a decent job of steering them from being out of line and they tend to disappear on their own in due time anyway. 

And some of us just hang around like a bad case of herpes  Laughing
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(10-31-2017, 12:26 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:

And some of us just hang around like a bad case of herpes

Much worse than herpes. Unfortunately the worst posters by far are ALWAYS Jaguars fans. It has always been that way. The only way to stop it is ban everyone who ever said a bad word to or about me just because he thinks I deserve to be treated like crap. Moderators do a great job dealing with the opposing fans, but only NYC and JIB want to make Jags fans who want to be bullies stop derailing threads.

(10-31-2017, 02:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 12:26 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:

And some of us just hang around like a bad case of herpes

Much worse than herpes. Unfortunately the worst posters by far are ALWAYS Jaguars fans. It has always been that way. The only way to stop it is ban everyone who ever said a bad word to or about me just because he thinks I deserve to be treated like crap. Moderators do a great job dealing with the opposing fans, but only NYC and JIB want to make Jags fans who want to be bullies stop derailing threads.

He who? There ya go, trying to play the innocent victim again. That's half your problem. Always the victim.. Judging by the numerous people who down voted you, anyone can clearly see, it isnt one poster who has a problem with you. You are the most common denominator. Dont rock the boat if you're afraid of falling out.