Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good can the TITANS be?

(09-19-2017, 10:53 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 11:47 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Only time will tell if they are even the best team in the AFCS. I will not take them seriously based on one win against a division rival.

But the Jags turned a corner and were ready to compete based on one win against a division rival.

Get out of here Nashville trash.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2017, 10:53 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 11:47 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Only time will tell if they are even the best team in the AFCS. I will not take them seriously based on one win against a division rival.

But the Jags turned a corner and were ready to compete based on one win against a division rival.

Fun fact: All of Doug Marrone's games as Jaguars head coach were against division rivals. We turned a corner at kickoff in the first one.

(09-19-2017, 11:36 AM)Brett Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 10:53 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: But the Jags turned a corner and were ready to compete based on one win against a division rival.

Get out of here Nashville trash.

Thanks for your contribution, Brett.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(09-19-2017, 12:03 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 11:36 AM)Brett Wrote: Get out of here Nashville trash.

Thanks for your contribution, Brett.

You come in here and start bashing our team, what do you expect?

(09-19-2017, 12:25 PM)Brett Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 12:03 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Thanks for your contribution, Brett.

You come in here and start bashing our team, what do you expect?

I was bashing no one.  I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in JW's post.  It would be fairly boring if the forum was solely Jags fans giving each other stroke jobs (don't think that violates the CoC based on other posts I've seen).  Opposing fans make the board more lively and interesting don't you think?
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(09-19-2017, 12:58 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: I was bashing no one.  I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in JW's post.  It would be fairly boring if the forum was solely Jags fans giving each other stroke jobs (don't think that violates the CoC based on other posts I've seen).  Opposing fans make the board more lively and interesting don't you think?
This forum is the most sensitive I've ever seen. You're seemingly supposed to bow down to the Mighty Jags or leave. I got banned for celebrating a TD in the game thread. "Trolling" apparently.

(09-18-2017, 11:47 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 08:15 PM)mvannostran Wrote: While they throttled us in the second half, they looked pedestrian the first half.

They may be the best team in the AFCS, but I don't think they're ready to compete for the conference.

Only time will tell if they are even the best team in the AFCS. I will not take them seriously based on one win against a division rival.

"Only time will tell" ""I will not take them seriously based on one win against a division rival"

Titans fans were mocked for saying essentially the same things last week about the Jaguars.
[Image: V9hW2kPAQr8S1Jxg.jpg]

all i'm hearing is TITANS CONTROL THIS DIVISION!!!!!1

(09-19-2017, 01:10 PM)The Hammer Wrote:

"Only time will tell" ""I will not take them seriously based on one win against a division rival"

Titans fans were mocked for saying essentially the same things last week about the Jaguars.

Awwwww.  You guys joined a rival team's message board and were mocked ?????? 

Say it isn't so!!

LOL.  What the hell did you clowns expect?  We welcome a little fun ribbing and trash talk. I enjoyed most of the banter with a few of you and gained a little perspective on certain players on your roster.  That's all in good fun and we even talked a bit of real football. No big deal. 

Every board has homers that don't handle opposing fans well --  We do, and I'm sure your board does too. 

But you guys whining and moaning about being mocked at a rival MB is some of the dumbest crap I've ever heard. Of course you're going to be mocked. 

Seriously though  -  Congrats on the win. Your team played well. I gained a little more respect for your QB and I think your OC did a nice job identifying some areas to attack differently in the second half of the game.  Our defense couldn't keep up eventually and we all knew our offense would continue to struggle until we aren't one dimensional with run vs pass. 

See you folks down the road in week 17. We'll hate you a little bit more by then.  Big Grin Tongue

Who is sitting in the best position in the division right now?

TITAN UP!

Man... I can't wait for week 17 when Ryan Nassib torches you guys

(09-19-2017, 01:14 PM)VondyP Wrote: all i'm hearing is TITANS CONTROL THIS DIVISION!!!!!1

Other Tacks homers are telling you that. They are tied at the top. A half game lead will be erased in Week 17 either way.

(09-19-2017, 01:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Seriously though  -  Congrats on the win. Your team played well. I gained a little more respect for your QB and I think your OC did a nice job identifying some areas to attack differently in the second half of the game.  Our defense couldn't keep up eventually and we all knew our offense would continue to struggle until we aren't one dimensional with run vs pass. 

See you folks down the road in week 17. We'll hate you a little bit more by then.  Big Grin Tongue
Like I said before the game, I could easily see this one going either way. Bortles doesn't turn it over 3 times (regardless of if it was "his fault" or not) and it could've turned out much different. It seemed to me your defense kinda threw in the towel late but I suppose that's understandable given the offensive situation. We've certainly seen our defense do that same thing in the past.

I actually noticed in the game thread that you guys complain about a lot of the same things we do/have in recent years. Playcalling, can't cover a TE to save our life, "never" getting any calls your way, and up until recently very poor QB play. It seems our teams are being built very similarly too. If you had our QB or we had a few of your defensive studs, that team would likely be running away with the division.

I still say HOU and IND trending downward while our teams are on the rise. Could be a new day in the AFC South.

(09-19-2017, 02:49 PM)SDM Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 01:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Seriously though  -  Congrats on the win. Your team played well. I gained a little more respect for your QB and I think your OC did a nice job identifying some areas to attack differently in the second half of the game.  Our defense couldn't keep up eventually and we all knew our offense would continue to struggle until we aren't one dimensional with run vs pass. 

Like I said before the game, I could easily see this one going either way.  Bortles doesn't turn it over 3 times (regardless of if it was "his fault" or not) and it could've turned out much different.  It seemed to me your defense kinda threw in the towel late but I suppose that's understandable given the offensive situation.   We've certainly seen our defense do that same thing in the past.  

I actually noticed in the game thread that you guys complain about a lot of the same things we do/have in recent years.  Playcalling, can't cover a TE to save our life, "never" getting any calls your way, and up until recently very poor QB play.   It seems our teams are being built very similarly too.   If you had our QB or we had a few of your defensive studs, that team would likely be running away with the division.  

I still say HOU and IND trending downward while our teams are on the rise.  Could be a new day in the AFC South.

Agreed on all points, SDM. Let's hope the trend continues. I like the rivalry these teams have. Hopefully we'll make it a better game next time.

(09-19-2017, 02:49 PM)SDM Wrote: Like I said before the game, I could easily see this one going either way.  Bortles doesn't turn it over 3 times (regardless of if it was "his fault" or not) and it could've turned out much different. It seemed to me your defense kinda threw in the towel late but I suppose that's understandable given the offensive situation.  We've certainly seen our defense do that same thing in the past.  

I actually noticed in the game thread that you guys complain about a lot of the same things we do/have in recent years. Play calling, can't cover a TE to save our life, "never" getting any calls your way, and up until recently very poor QB play. It seems our teams are being built very similarly too. If you had our QB or we had a few of your defensive studs, that team would likely be running away with the division.  

I still say HOU and IND trending downward while our teams are on the rise.  Could be a new day in the AFC South.

The defense got tired from being on the field too long. Although Michael Bennett is serviceable he is not Malik Jackson. We tried to run but fell so far behind Nathaniel Hackett had to call too many passing plays in the second half. Obviously the three turnovers were a big reason for that. I have always been a big believer that games are won and lost by turnovers. It does not matter how many yards you gain or how long you have the ball if you turn the ball over three times and let your opponent score after each giveaway.

The Colts started going downhill two years ago. NFL analysts have been picking either the Titans or Texans, so the Jaguars have to disprove their critics again.

(09-19-2017, 01:43 PM)Kane Wrote: Man... I can't wait for week 17 when Ryan Nassib torches you guys

Lol, you're awesome.

(09-18-2017, 02:11 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think Ramsey is a good CB ........but it took a long time for him to show it last yr.  Jackson has elite ST skills and elite CB skills and has shown it from day one.  You only heard what you thought I said, and did not pay attention to the epistemology of my words.  Ramsey has not looked good tackling Henry since he has been in the league.  He got trucked on the Thursday night game last year and lit up by the WR's and he got trucked on the 17 yard run by Henry again this year.  

Those are not homer opinions.  Those things happened.

He's a CB not a LB, why is him getting "run over" make him a bad CB? Most CB's don't look good taking down power RB's... that said by the time ramsey went for the attempt it's at the 1 yard line, Ramsey does bring him down but he's already at the goalline so it didnt matter. please don't pretend he was steamrolled and then Henry ran another 30 yards untouched to the endzone since that was very far from what actually happened. 

If Ramsey isn't a good CB then why did Mariota attempt ONE pass against him and then wuss out from throwing in his direction for the rest of the game? 

Ramsey was a stud from the second he took the field last year... didn't allow a single 100 yard WR, Do you watch football?!?!?!

To think that Adoree Jackson (who's pretty good no disrespect to the guy) is even remotely in the same class as Ramsey is laughable. He's not even as good as Bouye let alone Ramsey I get that you're a tacks homer but to say that Adoree Jackson is as good as Ramsey is like me saying that Bortles is better than Mariota
  Laughing Laughing Laughing
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(09-19-2017, 01:43 PM)Kane Wrote: Man... I can't wait for week 17 when Ryan Nassib torches you guys
Backup QBs typically do so you're probably right.

(09-19-2017, 12:58 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 12:25 PM)Brett Wrote: You come in here and start bashing our team, what do you expect?

I was bashing no one.  I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in JW's post.  It would be fairly boring if the forum was solely Jags fans giving each other stroke jobs (don't think that violates the CoC based on other posts I've seen).  Opposing fans make the board more lively and interesting don't you think?

Only certain opposing fans.  We tolerate you because you've been around a while and are pretty respectful... even when you're talking crap.   Tongue

(09-19-2017, 01:10 PM)SDM Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 12:58 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: I was bashing no one.  I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in JW's post.  It would be fairly boring if the forum was solely Jags fans giving each other stroke jobs (don't think that violates the CoC based on other posts I've seen).  Opposing fans make the board more lively and interesting don't you think?
This forum is the most sensitive I've ever seen.  You're seemingly supposed to bow down to the Mighty Jags or leave.  I got banned for celebrating a TD in the game thread.  "Trolling" apparently.

I'll send you a PM regarding your situation.  As far as opposing team fans, we certainly do welcome them, but cautiously.  The back-and-forth banter and smack talk certainly makes the board better.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-19-2017, 04:10 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 02:11 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think Ramsey is a good CB ........but it took a long time for him to show it last yr.  Jackson has elite ST skills and elite CB skills and has shown it from day one.  You only heard what you thought I said, and did not pay attention to the epistemology of my words.  Ramsey has not looked good tackling Henry since he has been in the league.  He got trucked on the Thursday night game last year and lit up by the WR's and he got trucked on the 17 yard run by Henry again this year.  

Those are not homer opinions.  Those things happened.

He's a CB not a LB, why is him getting "run over" make him a bad CB? Most CB's don't look good taking down power RB's... that said by the time ramsey went for the attempt it's at the 1 yard line, Ramsey does bring him down but he's already at the goalline so it didnt matter. please don't pretend he was steamrolled and then Henry ran another 30 yards untouched to the endzone since that was very far from what actually happened. 

If Ramsey isn't a good CB then why did Mariota attempt ONE pass against him and then wuss out from throwing in his direction for the rest of the game? 

Ramsey was a stud from the second he took the field last year... didn't allow a single 100 yard WR, Do you watch football?!?!?!

To think that Adoree Jackson (who's pretty good no disrespect to the guy) is even remotely in the same class as Ramsey is laughable. He's not even as good as Bouye let alone Ramsey I get that you're a tacks homer but to say that Adoree Jackson is as good as Ramsey is like me saying that Bortles is better than Mariota
  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree here. Ramsey was a stud from day 1. Faced Steve Smith week 3, TY week 4, Alshon week 6, Cooper week 7... Shut them all down. Then started racking up PBUs and getting more agressive later on. 

While I think Jackson will be a good CB, and his ST ability is a huge plus, I'd take Ramsey's cover ability over Jackson, and almost every other CB in the league.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS