Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good can the TITANS be?

(09-19-2017, 09:43 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Yeah I'm gonna have to agree here. Ramsey was a stud from day 1. Faced Steve Smith week 3, TY week 4, Alshon week 6, Cooper week 7... Shut them all down. Then started racking up PBUs and getting more agressive later on. 

While I think Jackson will be a good CB, and his ST ability is a huge plus, I'd take Ramsey's cover ability over Jackson, and almost every other CB in the league.

His best play in Chicago was the game-winning PD on fourth down.

I think Jalen Ramsey only allowed one catch against Amari Cooper.

The only big gaffe I can remember is Philip Dorsett's long TD in London that Todd Wash blamed himself for.

People who think a #1 CB is supposed to be on ST don't watch enough football.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2017, 09:57 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 09:43 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Yeah I'm gonna have to agree here. Ramsey was a stud from day 1. Faced Steve Smith week 3, TY week 4, Alshon week 6, Cooper week 7... Shut them all down. Then started racking up PBUs and getting more agressive later on. 

While I think Jackson will be a good CB, and his ST ability is a huge plus, I'd take Ramsey's cover ability over Jackson, and almost every other CB in the league.

His best play in Chicago was the game-winning PD on fourth down.

The only big gaffe I can remember is Philip Dorsett's long TD in London that Todd Wash blamed himself for.

deion sanders.. patrick peterson... ?

I think they can push 9-11 wins, much like I think the Jags can hit 8-10. It really depends on Mariota playing smart football and staying healthy. Just like Bortles needs to simply play mistake free and we will be in games with our cake schedule/good defense. I think Jags/Titans will be 1st/2nd in the division in either order and it may go down to these 2 teams facing off at the end of the year, winner takes the south.

(09-20-2017, 10:41 PM)VondyP Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 09:57 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: His best play in Chicago was the game-winning PD on fourth down.

Deion Sanders.. Patrick Peterson... ?

Exceptions to the rule.

So most of you are saying the TITANS can pretty easily go 13-3 or 12-4. Personally i was thinking 10 or 11 wins but we'll see..

(09-21-2017, 12:03 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: So most of you are saying the TITANS can pretty easily go 13-3 or 12-4. Personally i was thinking 10 or 11 wins but we'll see..
I don't see this team winning more than 10. And even that seems like a stretch. I think 9 wins is likely good enough to take this division again though. Heck, maybe 8.

(09-21-2017, 03:14 PM)SDM Wrote: I don't see this team winning more than 10.  And even that seems like a stretch. I think 9 wins is likely good enough to take this division again though. Heck, maybe 8.

Even nine wins will not be enough unless Tennessee wins the division.

So to be clear, most of you predict the TITANS go 6-0 in the division though?

Mariota was pressure just twice against the Seahawks. Let that sink in. TN OL is a monster.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

AFC South is a 2 team race this year, Tennessee or Jacksonville will take this division. These 2 teams are the class of the South this year.

(09-24-2017, 11:15 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: AFC South is a 2 team race this year, Tennessee or Jacksonville will take this division. These 2 teams are the class of the South this year.

But to be clear, you predict the TITANS to sweep the jags, clots, and texans?

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 06:23 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

(09-25-2017, 12:52 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 11:15 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: AFC South is a 2 team race this year, Tennessee or Jacksonville will take this division. These 2 teams are the class of the South this year.

No. You will probably lose to Houston and Jacksonville once. Everyone should sweep Indy, they stink. I think we split with Houston too realistically... I am betting Jacksonville and Tennessee are both 9-6 or 10-5 going into week 17 with close division records, 4-1 and 3-2. We would need to post a better conference record than the tacks, Or it could get ugly with tie breakers. Would suck to beat you guys week 17, but lose the division to a silly tie breaker like a strength of victory technicality, but it is what it is. I think both teams get 9 or more wins, barring any further major injuries. This could mean a wild ward spot too, but the AFC west will probably grab both 5 and 6 seeds.

I'm still trying to figure out what to make of the Titans. The one good offense they faced, they lost to. But that same team just got manhandled by the Skins who made Carr look worse than Bortles last week.

I'm interested to see how Tennessee handles Houston this week.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-25-2017, 10:40 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out what to make of the Titans. The one good offense they faced, they lost to. But that same team just got manhandled by the Skins who made Carr look worse than Bortles last week.

Yeah, it's still early in the season.

Are the Jaguars a high scoring offense with a suffocating defense like they were against the Ravens? Or are they a mediocre offense with a terrible QB like they were against the titans?

Are the titans a great defense with a good ground game like they looked against the Jaguars or are they a mediocre defense like they looked in their other two games?

Are the texans a good offense like they scored against the Patriots, or are the Patriots much more vulnerable defensively than anyone realized when the chiefs kicked the [BLEEP] out of them?

Three games in it's hard to know what will become consistent, but considering the Jaguars have looked great defensively for most of the season so far and the titans have run the ball well since last year I think we can accept those things as real. Everything else will have to still be seen.

(09-25-2017, 12:52 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote:

Nah. I think Jags and tacks both go 4-2, dropping a game each to each other and one each to the tinhorns.

And I feel we could be looking at other tie breakers for division lead.....perhaps....
Still a lot of season to go for both teams.

Should be a good season to watch.

(09-25-2017, 11:29 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:52 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: But to be clear, you predict the TITANS to sweep the jags, clots, and texans?

Nah. I think Jags and tacks both go 4-2, dropping a game each to each other and one each to the tinhorns.

And I feel we could be looking at other tie breakers for division lead.....perhaps....

Week 17 in Tennessee could very well be for the division. I think I'll make the 4 hour drive to that one
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

TN OL and QB are the difference. Their OT are dominant. two pressures against Mariota this week. Jax D was a better test really. Nice little breakdown of the two big plays and how versatile Lewan and Conklin are. A key to both these plays are their abilities to get upfield...something most tackles can't do. We knew our line was one of if not THE best in the game but other people are keying in on that too

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/nfl...-playoffs/
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2017, 11:47 PM by VondyP.)

(09-25-2017, 01:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 11:29 AM)Kane Wrote: Nah. I think Jags and tacks both go 4-2, dropping a game each to each other and one each to the tinhorns.

Week 17 in Tennessee could very well be for the division. I think I'll make the 4 hour drive to that one

sorry no jagrag fans allowed

[Image: giphy.gif]

Tacks still trolling the boards.
Huh

(09-25-2017, 10:40 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out what to make of the Titans. The one good offense they faced, they lost to. But that same team just got manhandled by the Skins who made Carr look worse than Bortles last week.

TN did not execute TD's and settled for FG's.  That is the only reason they lost to Oak.