Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump calls on NFL owners to fire players who protest.

(09-23-2017, 12:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 12:42 PM)Frailbones Wrote: 3 hurricanes leaving people without homes and he's worried about the NFL and people kneeling?

You think he is worried about this?

How would you prefer Trump and FEMA handle the outcome of the storm any differently? Can't wait to hear this...
Whys he talking about the NFL and people kneeling?

I'm not saying he should do something different about the hurricanes but there are more problems going on here. He shouldn't be focusing his attention on Steph Curry and the NFL. His feeling were hurt about Steph so he lashed out like a child. He does things without thinking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2017, 10:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 08:58 AM)LetsBReal Wrote: I go to work everyday and I'm not forced to stand for any anthem or music.

If you were my employee and you engaged in political protest while representing my company then I would tell you to stop and discipline you if you refused. Trump is right, the owners should fine those guys for Conduct Detrimental.

Do you really think Donald cares about the NFL? He was just reminding GOP voters in Alabama that his racist credentials are still in good order.

Oh - and that Constitution and Bill of Rights? Forget it even exists. Why be bothered with it.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

uhh I'm a trump supporter but he should have stayed in his lane here.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(09-23-2017, 10:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 08:58 AM)LetsBReal Wrote: I go to work everyday and I'm not forced to stand for any anthem or music.

If you were my employee and you engaged in political protest while representing my company then I would tell you to stop and discipline you if you refused. Trump is right, the owners should fine those guys for Conduct Detrimental.

How is it "Conduct Detrimental" if there is no rule requiring players stand for the national anthem?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-23-2017, 11:24 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Let's not forget the most basic element here. These guys are employees of a company.

This, actually. The President telling owners of private corporations what they should do with their employees who exercise free speech is inappropriate, but he's not signing their paychecks. If the guys that are signing those checks have a sufficiently strong aversion to the display, they are free to trade or fire those players at any time.

Yup.  We have an idiot a classless, disrespectful fool of a president who wants to criticize a few players who are exercising  their right to express themselves, under the constitution.   

This is what he is busy thinking about.  He is busy thinking about his next tweet towards his chosen rival, who he is placing himself on par with, as well.  

We are losing respect on a daily basis because of this spoiled corrupt brat of a maniac.

(09-23-2017, 04:35 PM)nate Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 11:24 AM)TJBender Wrote: This, actually. The President telling owners of private corporations what they should do with their employees who exercise free speech is inappropriate, but he's not signing their paychecks. If the guys that are signing those checks have a sufficiently strong aversion to the display, they are free to trade or fire those players at any time.

Yup.  We have an idiot a classless, disrespectful fool of a president who wants to criticize a few players who are exercising  their right to express themselves, under the constitution.   

This is what he is busy thinking about.  He is busy thinking about his next tweet towards his chosen rival, who he is placing himself on par with, as well.  

We are losing respect on a daily basis because of this spoiled corrupt brat of a maniac.

Again, they can express themselves on social media.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2017, 04:41 PM by nate.)

(09-23-2017, 04:06 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 10:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you were my employee and you engaged in political protest while representing my company then I would tell you to stop and discipline you if you refused. Trump is right, the owners should fine those guys for Conduct Detrimental.

Do you really think Donald cares about the NFL? He was just reminding GOP voters in Alabama that his racist credentials are still in good order.

Oh - and that Constitution and Bill of Rights? Forget it even exists. Why be bothered with it.

Remember when he swore an oath to defend that Constitution?   What a joke.

(09-23-2017, 04:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 04:35 PM)nate Wrote: Yup.  We have an idiot a classless, disrespectful fool of a president who wants to criticize a few players who are exercising  their right to express themselves, under the constitution.   

They can express themselves in manners they choose within the rules.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2017, 04:44 PM by nate.)

(09-23-2017, 12:51 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 12:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You think he is worried about this?

How would you prefer Trump and FEMA handle the outcome of the storm any differently? Can't wait to hear this...
Whys he talking about the NFL and people kneeling?

I'm not saying he should do something different about the hurricanes but there are more problems going on here. He shouldn't be focusing his attention on Steph Curry and the NFL. His feeling were hurt about Steph so he lashed out like a child. He does things without thinking.

He reduces the dignity and respect of the office of the President on a daily basis.  

And he doesn't care a bit about it.  A loud mouth spoiled little brat.  It is a shame that there are still trump supporters who actually think he cares about them at all.

(09-23-2017, 04:35 PM)nate Wrote: Yup.  We have an idiot a classless, disrespectful fool of a president who wants to criticize a few players who are exercising  their right to express themselves, under the constitution.   

(09-23-2017, 04:06 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 10:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you were my employee and you engaged in political protest while representing my company then I would tell you to stop and discipline you if you refused. Trump is right, the owners should fine those guys for Conduct Detrimental.

(09-23-2017, 04:44 PM)nate Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 12:51 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Whys he talking about the NFL and people kneeling?

He reduces the dignity and respect of the office of the President on a daily basis.  

And he doesn't care a bit about it.  A loud mouth spoiled little brat.  It is a shame that there are still trump supporters who actually think he cares about them at all.

(09-23-2017, 04:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Again, they can express themselves on social media.

(09-23-2017, 04:06 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Do you really think Donald cares about the NFL? He was just reminding GOP voters in Alabama that his racist credentials are still in good order.

The bottom line is, real, blue collar, hardworking Americans don't care what multi-millionaire cry baby "oppressed" athletes think. They can continue to express themselves. Fine with me.

(09-23-2017, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 04:44 PM)nate Wrote: He reduces the dignity and respect of the office of the President on a daily basis.  

The bottom line is, real, blue collar, hardworking Americans don't care what multi-millionaire cry baby "oppressed" athletes think. They can continue to express themselves. Fine with me.
So you speak for all "real blue collar hardworking Americans"?

(09-23-2017, 08:31 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's definitely out of line for our President to call for such a thing, but I see where he's coming from. He seems passionate about our country and flag, like a lot of us..

Edit*

Personally, I think they should trot the players out on the field after our National Anthem is played, and take away their platform. If they want to platform, they need to do it on their time and not on company time.

Not a bad idea, then again I think the whole concept of a national anthem playing before two teams from the same country play a match domestically is goofy anyways.  Save the national anthem for international games.

(09-23-2017, 04:56 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 08:31 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's definitely out of line for our President to call for such a thing, but I see where he's coming from. He seems passionate about our country and flag, like a lot of us..

Edit*

Personally, I think they should trot the players out on the field after our National Anthem is played, and take away their platform. If they want to platform, they need to do it on their time and not on company time.

Not a bad idea, then again I think the whole concept of a national anthem playing before two teams from the same country play a match domestically is goofy anyways.  Save the national anthem for international games.

Better yet, why don't we just quit worrying about whether players want to kneel during the national anthem?

So they should only express themselves with what's convenient for you and Trump?

Gimme a break. This was a bad move my Trump and you know it. You just defend every single thing he does because you're so far up his anal cavity you can smell his morning covfefe.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2017, 05:07 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-23-2017, 04:56 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The bottom line is, real, blue collar, hardworking Americans don't care what multi-millionaire cry baby "oppressed" athletes think. They can continue to express themselves. Fine with me.
So you speak for all "real blue collar hardworking Americans"?

306-232 did. Don't shoot the messenger.

(09-23-2017, 05:04 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 04:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Again, they can express themselves on social media.
So they should only express themselves with what's convenient for you and Trump?

Gimme a break. This was a bad move my Trump and you know it. You just defend every single thing he does because you're so far up his anal cavity you can smell his morning covfefe.

How about for starters, have a unified message of what it is you are upset about exactly. I hate white cops and I hate the POTUS isn't a message.

(09-23-2017, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 04:44 PM)nate Wrote: He reduces the dignity and respect of the office of the President on a daily basis.  

Shockingly, you miss the point entirely.  Also, there is no rule requiring them to stand or any mechanism for them to be punished.  

BTW, why don't you tell us how smart it is that he is bemoaning the personal fouls in the manner he did?

Not one of the athletes kneeling, sitting, or supporting those doing exactly that are REMOTELY attempting to say they themselves are oppressed.  

What is going on here is something trump and his minions are COMPLETELY unfamiliar with:  

Taking a stand for those who do not have a voice, at risk of their own personal gain, to better the lives of EVERYONE.

The antithesis of trump.

(09-23-2017, 05:16 PM)nate Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 04:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The bottom line is, real, blue collar, hardworking Americans don't care what multi-millionaire cry baby "oppressed" athletes think. They can continue to express themselves. Fine with me.

Shockingly, you miss the point entirely.  Also, there is no rule requiring them to stand or any mechanism for them to be punished.  

BTW, why don't you tell us how smart it is that he is bemoaning the personal fouls in the manner he did?

Not one of the athletes kneeling, sitting, or supporting those doing exactly that are REMOTELY attempting to say they themselves are oppressed.  

What is going on here is something trump and his minions are COMPLETELY unfamiliar with:  

Taking a stand for those who do not have a voice, at risk of their own personal gain, to better the lives of EVERYONE.

The antithesis of trump.

You say they are taking a stand for those who do not have a voice, but what are they taking a stand for exactly? That is the confusing part. There really is no message. 

Oh, and for the record, this country was on a long path of divisiveness long before Donald came down the escalator in Trump Tower on that fateful day.

(09-23-2017, 05:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 04:56 PM)Frailbones Wrote: So you speak for all "real blue collar hardworking Americans"?

306-232 did. Don't shoot the messenger.

(09-23-2017, 05:04 PM)Frailbones Wrote: So they should only express themselves with what's convenient for you and Trump?

How about for starters, have a unified message of what it is you are upset about exactly. I hate white cops and I hate the POTUS isn't a message.

Strawman much?

(09-23-2017, 05:20 PM)nate Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 05:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 306-232 did. Don't shoot the messenger.

Strawman much?

Eh, just not a fan of guys like Michael Bennett fabricating stories to enhance their agenda. It isn't a good look.

(09-23-2017, 12:42 PM)Frailbones Wrote: 3 hurricanes leaving people without homes and he's worried about the NFL and people kneeling?

Obama spent significant time talking about his basket ball brackets, late-night TV, interviews, etc. Why weren't you complaining then?

I think he should've avoided it and it sounds childish, but let's not pretend that former Presidents haven't worked behind the scenes to get people fired.