Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaxon Newsbot

How do you turn this off???  I put the user on ignore, all this crap still shows up.

Same with the Amelia crap.
My sig goes here!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about the bot. Does it physically hurt, or something?

(09-24-2017, 01:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about the bot. Does it physically hurt, or something?

Yes, it pains me greatly.

I don't want to see the same [BLEEP] I can see on the Jags web site over and over again.
My sig goes here!

I'm taking a knee for the first 5 pages of every gameday thread until it's removed.

Is that you Anchorman?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-24-2017, 01:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Is that you Anchorman?

No,  he lives not too far from me. I haven't heard from him since early last season.
My sig goes here!

(09-24-2017, 01:26 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 01:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Is that you Anchorman?

No,  he lives not too far from me. I haven't heard from him since early last season.

K, thx!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-24-2017, 01:19 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote: How do you turn this off???  I put the user on ignore, all this crap still shows up.

Same with the Amelia crap.

Just deal with me.  I bring important news to the site.  If you don't want to read or comment on my posts, then just ignore them.

Its an artificial way to make it seem like the board has traffic. It's not going anywhere for that one reason.

(09-26-2017, 11:43 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Its an artificial way to make it seem like the board has traffic. It's not going anywhere for that one reason.

Not at all. In fact, the majority of the threads it creates are duplicates of existing human-created posts and are merged/removed.

We (I) have no desire to fake statistics or artificially make things look busier. We clearly label the bots and made several changes to decrease the amount of posts they make.

This is an attempt to bring value to our users by bring relevant content in for discussion.

I am truly sorry that you feel that way; that is not a goal at all.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

(09-24-2017, 01:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about the bot. Does it physically hurt, or something?

There are two problems with the bot. We have discussed the spam issue in other threads. The other one is it looks for any Jaguars-related content and posts links to NFL.com articles that have only one sentence about us.

They aren’t going anywhere, at least for the foreseeable future., so just don’t click on them if they bother you.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-04-2017, 01:29 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: They aren’t going anywhere, at least for the foreseeable future., so just don’t click on them if they bother you.

I like the idea to have a news bot. What drives me crazy is NFL.com links about a lot of teams with barely any mention of the Jaguars being put in The Home Team forum.

If it has a mention of the Jags, then it’s main board related.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-04-2017, 03:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 01:29 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: They aren’t going anywhere, at least for the foreseeable future., so just don’t click on them if they bother you.

I like the idea to have a news bot. What drives me crazy is NFL.com links about a lot of teams with barely any mention of the Jaguars being put in The Home Team forum.

Largely due to the fact that the bot is a bot, it posts what the NFL.com site says is related to us. They could mark any random article with "Jaguars" in the code and it would post it.

I am thankful for our mods who apply some manual oversight to it's postings and tidy them up (move them, delete them if they are just stupid or merge them to an existing thread if someone already posted a thread here about a particular topic before an 'official' source did).
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.