Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BR week 3 mock draft

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 07:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Does this guy even keep up with the league?  Much less our team.   Couldn't of gave us a worst pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27348...ter-week-3\

If the draft fell like this I think you have to go Connor Williams OT or Quenton Nelson OG.   Williams is an elite tackle prospect and Nelson the best G in the daft. Take a QB in the 2nd, hopefully Mayfield or Rudolph falls.  in rounds 3 and 4 look at G and TE if the value is there. 

What would you do if the draft fell like this?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2017, 07:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Does this guy even keep up with the league?  Much less our team.   Couldn't of gave us a worst pick.

If the draft fell like this I think you have to go Connor Williams OT or Quenton Nelson OG.   Williams is an elite tackle prospect and Nelson the best G in the daft.  Take a QB in the 2nd, hopefully Mayfield or Rudolph falls.  in rounds 3 and 4 look at G and TE if the value is there. 

I'd almost definitely pick Nelson. He fits exactly what we're trying to do and looks elite. Williams is apparently off to a very shaky start and the Oline guys seems to be kinda meh on him. Even though I saw Joe Thomas comparisons last year.  

Apart from Oline do we really need anywhere? I guess tight end is kinda important, maybe cornerback?   

Think I'd go with you 1)Nelson
                                      2) Mayfield
                                       3) TE

(09-25-2017, 09:23 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 07:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Does this guy even keep up with the league?  Much less our team.   Couldn't of gave us a worst pick.

If the draft fell like this I think you have to go Connor Williams OT or Quenton Nelson OG.   Williams is an elite tackle prospect and Nelson the best G in the daft.  Take a QB in the 2nd, hopefully Mayfield or Rudolph falls.  in rounds 3 and 4 look at G and TE if the value is there. 

I'd almost definitely pick Nelson. He fits exactly what we're trying to do and looks elite. Williams is apparently off to a very shaky start and the Oline guys seems to be kinda meh on him. Even though I saw Joe Thomas comparisons last year.  

Apart from Oline do we really need anywhere? I guess tight end is kinda important, maybe cornerback?   

2) Mayfield
                                       3) TE

You like Mayfield better than Jackson now?  Jackson was still there in the 2nd

It's way too early for a mock draft.

(09-25-2017, 09:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 09:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd almost definitely pick Nelson. He fits exactly what we're trying to do and looks elite. Williams is apparently off to a very shaky start and the Oline guys seems to be kinda meh on him. Even though I saw Joe Thomas comparisons last year.  

2) Mayfield
                                       3) TE

You like Mayfield better than Jackson now?  Jackson was still there in the 2nd
Presumed he went in the first. Yeah I'd take Jackson for sure.

This mock is pretty terrible...

No Quenton Nelson in the 1st?

Someone is going to fall in love with Lamar Jackson and he will go in the 1st even if it is a Bridgewater situation with trade back into the 1st.

Martinas Rankin @ 10 as the #2 OL drafted is a stretch...but then Orlando Brown Jr. as the #1 OL...I think Mike McGlinchey ends up being the top OT off the board yet he isn't even in the 1st round of this mock.

Interesting Indy pick tho...could you imagine a LF/Henry/Barkley AFCS.

I instantly regretted clicking on that link.
Huh

I know walterfootball sucks, but was bored today. I was shocked when I was looking for our pick as he has us at 24! not bad for a guy who hates every move we make.

(09-30-2017, 01:38 PM)Jags239 Wrote: I know walterfootball sucks, but was bored today. I was shocked when I was looking for our pick as he has us at 24! not bad for a guy who hates every move we make.

I actually like the picks too... OT- Brown and TE - Andrews

Although I would take Quenton Nelson over Orlando Brown but if younger Cann/Omameh continue to produce then Parnell is the aging vet on the OL.

Mayfield is not falling to the 2nd round... if you want him... you're going to have to trade up or you're stuck with Lamar Jackson which isn't a bad thing.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(10-04-2017, 11:45 AM)David4499 Wrote: Mayfield is not falling to the 2nd round... if you want him... you're going to have to trade up or you're stuck with Lamar Jackson which isn't a bad thing.

It would be pretty surprising if he went in the first. All things considered.

At this point the team is clearly on track to finally not be picking inside the top five or possibly top ten in next year's draft. This is a little exciting because it kind of gives us the options to move up or down at some point. Just from what I have seen the last five games. This team could use some help at QB, TE and G on offense still. Defensively it's slim pickins'. We don't really have a glaring need. And I think what happens during the off-season is what ultimately dictates the decisions needed on that side of the football.

You would have to think Jack takes over ILB for good in 2018 after playing in and out of it in 2017. So I would think this team doesn't shy away from another solid OLB prospect to keep the speed up to date. I really like Roquon Smith at OLB out of UGA. I am a little biased because I am a Bulldogs fan. Depending on how they finish out this year he's a top three prospect at his position. He has Telvin Smith like size, not as fast, but he can hustle and bustle in pass coverage. We may be able to steal him in RD2. He can play inside or outside though. Which makes him an interesting player if Babich feels he can mix and match between he and Jack on certain downs for fun.

Nelson at G in RD1 would be awesome as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

As of now, I don't think we will be finding our QB of the future in the next draft. Given that we now look good enough to be in the low 20's when it comes to draft time, paired with the notion that it's looking more and more like the 0-5 Giants would likely take a QB to replace Manning, paired with the fact that I believe it's all but certain this will be Ben Roethlisberger's last season in the NFL, as well as the Cardinals will likely be looking to move on from Carson Palmer as well, since he is looking very ineffective as well. With this impending mass exodus of veteran QB's, there is just gonna be too many teams out there looking for franchise QB's and not enough players in the draft, to fill those needs. If you look at team's who will likely be drafting QB's, there is quite a list. Among them are the New York Giants, New York Jets, Washington (I believe Kirk Cousins signs elsewhere), Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona, San Francisco (I believe they will sign Kirk Cousins) and possibly the Chargers and Bills.

At this point I would be highly surprised if Sam Darnold entered the draft. He needs to stay in school. With that said, I believe Josh Rosen would be the #1 QB and player off the board. Given the needs of all these teams, other QB's are gonna get pushed up the board as well. Jackson, Rudolph and Mayfield seem like sure-fire first rounders at this point and even Falk and Allen may get pushed into the lower portion of the first round as well. That could mean we'd have a choice of either sticking with Bortles another season, overdrafting a middle of the pack type QB like Riley Ferguson in round 2 or going after whichever QB the Vikings decide they don't want (Bradford or Bridgewater.)

I tend to agree that the Jaguars won't be drafting high enough to get one of the top 3 quarterbacks. However, there should also be 3 or 4 free agents or trade possibilities that would be significant upgrades over Bortles. Cousins, Alex Smith, Bradford/Bridgewater and Brees are guys who come to mind. Cousins would be my number 1 choice despite the very high cost. He is still young enough to give his next team 4 or 5 good years. This team is one good quarterback away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender so Cousins is worth the money. They will likely lose Colvin
and Lee after this season, but the remainder of the key players should be back. In the top 2 rounds of next year's draft, they can take a tight end and offensive lineman which are the other needs besides quarterback. No need to sign any other high-priced free agents and they couldn't afford it anyway with the addition of Cousins or one of the other options. Of course, a developmental quarterback should be taken in the mid-rounds every year until they hopefully find Cousins' eventual replacement.

(10-09-2017, 09:10 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I tend to agree that the Jaguars won't be drafting high enough to get one of the top 3 quarterbacks. However, there should also be 3 or 4 free agents or trade possibilities that would be significant upgrades over Bortles.  Cousins, Alex Smith, Bradford/Bridgewater and Brees are guys who come to mind. Cousins would be my number 1 choice despite the very high cost. He is still young enough to give his next team 4 or 5 good years. This team is one good quarterback away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender so Cousins is worth the money. They will likely lose Colvin
and Lee after this season, but the remainder of the key players should be back. In the top 2 rounds of next year's draft, they can take a tight end and offensive lineman which are the other needs besides quarterback. No need to sign any other high-priced free agents and they couldn't afford it anyway with the addition of Cousins or one of the other options. Of course, a developmental quarterback should be taken in the mid-rounds every year until they hopefully find Cousins' eventual replacement.

If I were a betting man, I'd lay money on Cousins going to San Francisco. Kyle Shanahan has shown interest in him and given the way Washington has been toying around with his contract situation, if it were me, I'd be gone. Plus, the Niners are gonna have a ton of cap space. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just think it makes too much sense. 

This is just a gut feeling, but after seeing how well he can play when they let him actually throw the ball down the field, I believe the Chiefs will somehow find a way to keep Alex Smith at least for the next year. He is playing way too well to just let him walk in favor of an unproven rookie. If it were me and Smith continues playing well, I'd have no problem franchising him, at least for the 2018 season. 

I also don't believe Brees would sign here if he leaves New Orleans. Remember, the Saints have no one currently in place to be his replacement. I also know they can't franchise him, but unless they wanna start a rookie QB behind a shaky O-Line, they may have to re-sign Brees to a 2-3 year deal. If not, I just don't think we'd be a team he'd consider signing with. Hopefully, I'm wrong, because I'd love to see him here, but it would be a long shot. 

Finally, that brings us to Bradford/Bridgewater. I am not a fan of signing either one at all. Personally, I don't see Bradford as much of an upgrade at all over Bortles. He's done nothing in his career to make me think he's anything better than so-so at best and when you take into account his continuous injury history, I think signing him would be a waste. Bridgewater was promising at one point, but he suffered one of the most serious injuries a QB can get. He will also be removed two full seasons from even playing a single down of football. You have absolutely no idea what you'd be getting with him. At best, he's gonna have a lot of rust, just from the time off. At worst, he could be a disaster.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 11:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I can see Philip Rivers in play for the Jags

(10-09-2017, 11:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I can see Philip Rivers in play for the Jags

I can't see the Chargers cutting him and he's signed through 2019. They also have no QB of the future in place and until they have that, I don't believe they would make a move with Rivers. I can however see Rivers retiring after the season. He did not want the team to move to L.A. and was very vocal about it. He refuses to move from San Diego and commutes to L.A. Remember, the guy has 7 kids and he doesn't want to uproot them. Now, he has the long drive to L.A. and when he gets there, he's playing to a half empty stadium where the "home crowd" is openly rooting for the opposition. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he walked away.