Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
November 12th.......Mark your calendars

(09-26-2017, 08:05 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Do you see the Hypocrisy?

Let's recap. 

Tim Tebow takes a knee for prayer and it's unacceptable. 

The Dallas Cowboys are not allowed to wear a decal honoring the five "murdered" Dallas Police Officers slaughtered for the crime of wearing a "Blue uniform". 

NFL Players told they couldn't wear 9/11 cleats to honor close to almost 3,000 victims which included well over 400 first responders, thousands working in NYC in the Twin Towers and all those passengers on flight 93 who bravely battled back against terrorists and lost their lives in doing so. 

None of those Patriotic, heartfelt tributes are allowed on the football field ... but ... this disrespectful, divisive kneeling during the National Anthem is allowed and condoned by many teams across the country and many owners as well as the NFL and Roger Goodell. 

Let that sink in. Now do something. Make the stadiums empty. You believe in this. Empty stadiums NO MONEY. ?? #NoMondayNightFootball

Calling for a National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. 

Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. 

Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin. Continue with the weekly boycott of televised games. 
They need us more than we need them, without us there is no pay check.
#IStand
#rememberwepaytheirpaychecks

I see more hypocrisy in Trump calling protesters unpatriotic when he is a draft dodger. 

[Image: b58c4f5e4b552a952209afb0af11d82f--electi...ction-.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I see more hypocrisy in Trump calling protesters unpatriotic when he is a draft dodger.

He is the President of the United States. Think about that for a minute. George Bush was a cocaine using idiot in the National Guard, Bill Clinton took flights to an island where there was underage sex going on. What is your point? That soapbox is getting mighty tiny.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017, 12:39 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-27-2017, 12:09 AM)uthill Wrote: I see more hypocrisy in Trump calling protesters unpatriotic when he is a draft dodger.

He is the President of the United States. Think about that for a minute. George Bush was a cocaine using idiot in the National Guard, Bill Clinton took flights to an island where there was underage sex going on. What is your point? That soapbox is getting mighty tiny.

You're making my point for me. Yes, they were all the president, but all were idiots and they were from both sides of the aisle. At least Bush and Clinton didn't call out others for being unpatriotic, when they both avoided war. They were smart enough to keep their mouths shut. Trump is putting himself in the line of fire for calling others patriotic when what he did, was 100 times more unpatriotic than what the protesters are doing. I'm simply saying Trump made the situation much worse than what it was by his words. Words that were completely hypocritical. He needs to just shut up and do the job he was elected to do. Fix the economy, fix healthcare, reform immigration and keep his promise by forcing Mexico to pay for the wall. Just don't get side tracked by things that he has no business commenting on.

(09-26-2017, 11:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 08:05 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Do you see the Hypocrisy?

Let's recap. 

Tim Tebow takes a knee for prayer and it's unacceptable. 

The Dallas Cowboys are not allowed to wear a decal honoring the five "murdered" Dallas Police Officers slaughtered for the crime of wearing a "Blue uniform". 

NFL Players told they couldn't wear 9/11 cleats to honor close to almost 3,000 victims which included well over 400 first responders, thousands working in NYC in the Twin Towers and all those passengers on flight 93 who bravely battled back against terrorists and lost their lives in doing so. 

None of those Patriotic, heartfelt tributes are allowed on the football field ... but ... this disrespectful, divisive kneeling during the National Anthem is allowed and condoned by many teams across the country and many owners as well as the NFL and Roger Goodell. 

Let that sink in. Now do something. Make the stadiums empty. You believe in this. Empty stadiums NO MONEY. ?? #NoMondayNightFootball

Calling for a National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. 

Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. 

Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin. Continue with the weekly boycott of televised games. 
They need us more than we need them, without us there is no pay check.
#IStand
#rememberwepaytheirpaychecks

You lose all credibility by using an "Occupy Democrats" meme to try and make a point. Sad. Picture on the left is a highschool photo before he even registered with selective service. The photo on the right is as a cadet in a military academy during an educational deferment. His bone spur deferment was well before and considered temporary, but because Congress never declared Vietnam as a war, all temp medical deferments, not just his, became permanent regardless of condition. Big difference between dodging and legally deferring.

As far as Trump's words, I'm finding it difficult to align where they were hypocritical or linked to any type of military service requirement to be patriotic. Care to share?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-27-2017, 10:04 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 11:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I see more hypocrisy in Trump calling protesters unpatriotic when he is a draft dodger. 

You lose all credibility by using an "Occupy Democrats" meme to try and make a point. Sad. Picture on the left is a highschool photo before he even registered with selective service. The photo on the right is as a cadet in a military academy during an educational deferment. His bone spur deferment was well before and considered temporary, but because Congress never declared Vietnam as a war, all temp medical deferments, not just his, became permanent regardless of condition. Big difference between dodging and legally deferring.

As far as Trump's words, I'm finding it difficult to align where they were hypocritical or linked to any type of military service requirement to be patriotic. Care to share?
It's hypocritical because he bashed Obama for speaking out about the Redskins name. Saying that he should focus on the country instead of sports.

(09-27-2017, 10:07 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 10:04 AM)B2hibry Wrote: You lose all credibility by using an "Occupy Democrats" meme to try and make a point. Sad. Picture on the left is a highschool photo before he even registered with selective service. The photo on the right is as a cadet in a military academy during an educational deferment. His bone spur deferment was well before and considered temporary, but because Congress never declared Vietnam as a war, all temp medical deferments, not just his, became permanent regardless of condition. Big difference between dodging and legally deferring.

It's hypocritical because he bashed Obama for speaking out about the Redskins name. Saying that he should focus on the country instead of sports.

Still fail to see the patriotism hypocrisy he was screaming about. Is this situation not about the country?

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017, 10:20 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-27-2017, 10:04 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 11:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I see more hypocrisy in Trump calling protesters unpatriotic when he is a draft dodger. 

Where the meme came from, is inconsequential. There are hundreds of draft dodging Trump memes on the internet. I just basically picked the first one I saw. If you want me to change it to another meme dealing with the same subject matter, I can do that. The fact that you buy into Trump legitimately getting out of going to Viet Nam on a real medical deferment shows your gullibility. If it wasn't for bone spurs, they would have found "something else" that would've kept him out of the war. Money talks. If that wouldn't have worked, he just would've walked around with a load of crap in his pants, acting crazy, like his buddy Ted Nugent did.  

How do you not see the link? He's calling protesters unpatriotic for kneeling during the national anthem, when he is guilty of dodging the draft during the time his country asked him to serve during war. I know a lot of people did it back in the day, but how can draft dodgers call other people unpatriotic when they refused to fight in Viet Nam? That is the height of hypocrisy.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017, 10:22 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-25-2017, 07:54 PM)BklynJag Wrote: I will be attending, enough is enough.

Sure you will because you don't attend Jag games anyway.  Oh, ok maybe you do once every 6 years when they come to NYC

Is that the same person that stated John McCain is not a war hero because he was captured?

(09-27-2017, 10:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 10:04 AM)B2hibry Wrote: You lose all credibility by using an "Occupy Democrats" meme to try and make a point. Sad. Picture on the left is a highschool photo before he even registered with selective service. The photo on the right is as a cadet in a military academy during an educational deferment. His bone spur deferment was well before and considered temporary, but because Congress never declared Vietnam as a war, all temp medical deferments, not just his, became permanent regardless of condition. Big difference between dodging and legally deferring.

Where the meme came from, is inconsequential. There are hundreds of draft dodging Trump memes on the internet. I just basically picked the first one I saw. The fact that you buy into Trump legitimately getting out of going to Viet Nam on a real medical deferment shows your gullibility. If it wasn't for bone spurs, they would have found "something else" that would've kept him out of the war. Money talks. If that wouldn't have worked, he just would've walked around with a load of crap in his pants, acting crazy, like his buddy Ted Nugent did.  

How do you not see the link? He's calling protesters unpatriotic for kneeling during the national anthem, when he is guilty of dodging the draft during the time his country asked him to serve during war. I know a lot of people did it back in the day, but how can draft dodgers call other people unpatriotic when they refused to fight in Viet Nam? That is the height of hypocrisy.

Parroting aand pitching a false narrative is weak. Me questioning your post is far from gullibility and on point with the knowledge of how the system worked for many. Although there was a draft, it was quite simple to stay at home. Congress did not declare war, opening a wide door to deferments. Anyways, to add a twist to the hypocrisy, you can't be patriotic unless you have served in the military, correct? Is that what you are pushing?

Everybody should read this great article.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/to-kneel-o...le/2009819

Why just veterans day, I mean if the NFL is so staunchly anti american why stop there? If you support the NFL may as well join the DPRK

(09-27-2017, 10:26 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 10:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Where the meme came from, is inconsequential. There are hundreds of draft dodging Trump memes on the internet. I just basically picked the first one I saw. The fact that you buy into Trump legitimately getting out of going to Viet Nam on a real medical deferment shows your gullibility. If it wasn't for bone spurs, they would have found "something else" that would've kept him out of the war. Money talks. If that wouldn't have worked, he just would've walked around with a load of crap in his pants, acting crazy, like his buddy Ted Nugent did.  

Parroting aand pitching a false narrative is weak. Me questioning your post is far from gullibility and on point with the knowledge of how the system worked for many. Although there was a draft, it was quite simple to stay at home. Congress did not declare war, opening a wide door to deferments. Anyways, to add a twist to the hypocrisy, you can't be patriotic unless you have served in the military, correct? Is that what you are pushing?

That's absolutely not what I'm saying. I am saying you can't call others out for being unpatriotic, if you were a draft dodger. Try to spin it any way you want, but Trump was a draft dodger. He's no better than Bill Clinton, Sly Stallone, Ted Nugent or Bruce Springsteen.

(09-27-2017, 04:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 10:26 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Parroting aand pitching a false narrative is weak. Me questioning your post is far from gullibility and on point with the knowledge of how the system worked for many. Although there was a draft, it was quite simple to stay at home. Congress did not declare war, opening a wide door to deferments. Anyways, to add a twist to the hypocrisy, you can't be patriotic unless you have served in the military, correct? Is that what you are pushing?

That's absolutely not what I'm saying. I am saying you can't call others out for being unpatriotic, if you were a draft dodger. Try to spin it any way you want, but Trump was a draft dodger. He's no better than Bill Clinton, Sly Stallone, Ted Nugent or Bruce Springsteen.

Why not? Most of those millionaires out there kneeling have never been beat by the police or suffered inequality, yet they have the freedom to protest? Trump was a military academy cadet and received deferments like thousands of other folks. He didn't run across the border and hide. Why isn't he afforded the same freedom of voice? Seems to me that there may be a bit of bias in your thought process.

The fact of the matter is this protest crap is and always was ill-timed. It was an attention grab, not a solution. Now the message is lost amongst a divided and p'd off nation. One side generally cares about their nation and want solutions. The other side lacks pride and has a not my problem mentality. They would watch grandma get beat down for her purse and not lift a finger.

You already have players and owners walking back from the idiotic display. I imagine there will be a lot more in the coming weeks when bottom lines get messed with. The NFL will need to step up and declare how this will get handled moving forward to save face.

(09-27-2017, 10:26 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Parroting aand pitching a false narrative is weak. Me questioning your post is far from gullibility and on point with the knowledge of how the system worked for many. Although there was a draft, it was quite simple to stay at home. Congress did not declare war, opening a wide door to deferments. Anyways, to add a twist to the hypocrisy, you can't be patriotic unless you have served in the military, correct? Is that what you are pushing?

You stated he was a draft dodger. No reason just grandstanding. You are like the person saying "ratings for week three was up 3% without showing all the information. Total leftist bs.

(09-27-2017, 06:20 PM)B2hibry Wrote: They would watch grandma get beat down for her purse and not lift a finger.

No even worse, they would pick up their phone and video it for their entertainment.

(09-27-2017, 06:52 PM)jseymour Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 06:20 PM)B2hibry Wrote: They would watch grandma get beat down for her purse and not lift a finger.

No even worse, they would pick up their phone and video it for their entertainment.

That seems about right

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Hey Grandma, how about another grape soda?!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

On the flip side, my dad and his three brothers were all rejected from enlistment for a hereditary medical condition. Not all medical deferments should be considered "dodging, even during Viet Nam some were not able to serve.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If you know what you know now you wouldn't go to Vietnam either. That was a bs war. Either way saying a draft dodger is grand standing and FAKE NEWS without knowing all the details.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017, 09:22 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-27-2017, 06:46 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 04:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's absolutely not what I'm saying. I am saying you can't call others out for being unpatriotic, if you were a draft dodger. Try to spin it any way you want, but Trump was a draft dodger. He's no better than Bill Clinton, Sly Stallone, Ted Nugent or Bruce Springsteen.

You stated he was a draft dodger. No reason just grandstanding. You are like the person saying "ratings for week three was up 3% without showing all the information. Total leftist bs.

How can you be so clueless? There was a reason. He called out people for being unpatriotic, yet what he did was so much more unpatriotic. You obviously don't know me at all. I have NEVER been called a leftist in my entire life. I thoroughly despise the left and the right. I find right wing conservatives and left wing liberals equally despicable, but I especially hate sanctimonious, self right-righteous, narcissistic, liars.

(09-27-2017, 09:19 PM)uthill Wrote: If you know what you know now you wouldn't go to Vietnam either. That was a bs war. Either way saying a draft dodger is grand standing and FAKE NEWS without knowing all the details.

I would never dodge a draft. I wouldn't want to go, but I'd do it. There's no fake news, when facts are involved. Keep following the big red Pied Piper.