Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
November 12th.......Mark your calendars

(09-27-2017, 08:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 04:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's absolutely not what I'm saying. I am saying you can't call others out for being unpatriotic, if you were a draft dodger. Try to spin it any way you want, but Trump was a draft dodger. He's no better than Bill Clinton, Sly Stallone, Ted Nugent or Bruce Springsteen.

On the flip side, my dad and his three brothers were all rejected from enlistment for a hereditary medical condition. Not all medical deferments should be considered "dodging, even during Viet Nam some were not able to serve.

I agree. Some medical deferments are totally legit, but the self appointed "healthiest president ever" surely would've been able to pass a physical, unless he just didn't wanna go.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I, as a veteran, will be too busy watching the NFL that day to take part in any kind of boycotts.... Sorry. Good luck though!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Boy I long for the day people protest and get up in arms about really important [BLEEP]. Like the national debt, or the growing $100+ trillion of unfunded liabilities(which include yours and my retirement in the coming decades). Or the 75+ American military bases we have around the world, uninvited or not.. Or the interventionist(and quite unconstitutional) foreign policy our last 3+ presidents have loved to execute. Or the income tax that was ratified in the most shady of ways, as a "temporary" measure... Or the fact we are forced to buy a health care plan or pay a fine("tax"), which is unprecedented in the U.S. Or the NDAA of 2012, or the Patriot act, or the NSA, all of which assault our justice system, privacy, and individual liberties. But no, we worry about how many knees are on grass during the anthem of a children's game. We are upset when a right of liberty is exercised, but not when multiple liberties are blatantly attacked, sounds about right for the ignorant nation of idiots we seem to have.

(09-29-2017, 01:40 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Boy I long for the day people protest and get up in arms about really important [BLEEP]. Like the national debt, or the growing $100+ trillion of unfunded liabilities(which include yours and my retirement in the coming decades). Or the 75+ American military bases we have around the world, uninvited or not.. Or the interventionist(and quite unconstitutional) foreign policy our last 3+ presidents have loved to execute. Or the income tax that was ratified in the most shady of ways, as a "temporary" measure... Or the fact we are forced to buy a health care plan or pay a fine("tax"), which is unprecedented in the U.S. Or the NDAA of 2012, or the Patriot act, or the NSA, all of which assault our justice system, privacy, and individual liberties.  But no, we worry about how many knees are on grass during the anthem of a children's game. We are upset when a right of liberty is exercised, but not when multiple liberties are blatantly attacked, sounds about right for the ignorant nation of idiots we seem to have.
Way too many serious issues raised here  that would require well-thought out plans to resolve, and most Americans just don't understand what is actually happening to our country and the war that is being wage against the middle class and the Bill of Rights.  

It's easier to placate the masses with inconsequential issues like NFL players kneeling during the anthem.  Get everyone riled up one way or another over an issue that frankly doesn't mean a damn thing in the big picture.

(09-25-2017, 07:54 PM)BklynJag Wrote: MARK YOUR CALENDARS! November 12th, on Veterans Day weekend, Americans will be boycotting Football en masse -- make sure to participate in getting the NFL's ratings to an all-time low.

Please spread this announcement everywhere and join our Facebook event --> http://bit.ly/2jXWZU1

#BoycottTheNFL

I will be attending, enough is enough.

Most NFL teams and players are now saying they are going to stand for the anthem because of the reactions from the fans.  

The NFL is a business and ticket sales/ratings have been on the decline for the past few years, and the NFL needs to expand their market globally and get millennials to view/go to the games.  

Pissing off even a portion of the fanbase over the protests is not a good business model, so expect the rhetoric from the NFL to be a whisper from here on out as they try to limit the number of people who will refuse to go to the games.  

It's a no-win situation.

Read that ticket sales are down almost 20% this week. If the no-shows also happen with season ticket holders this could get interesting when the League takes action against the remaining protesters.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-29-2017, 07:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Read that ticket sales are down almost 20% this week. If the no-shows also happen with season ticket holders this could get interesting when the League takes action against the remaining protesters.
Except all the money is in TV.....

(09-29-2017, 08:37 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 07:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Read that ticket sales are down almost 20% this week. If the no-shows also happen with season ticket holders this could get interesting when the League takes action against the remaining protesters.
Except all the money is in TV.....

When the corporations get pressure for their protestor support they will be pulling their ads too.

(09-29-2017, 09:19 AM)jseymour Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 08:37 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Except all the money is in TV.....

When the corporations get pressure for their protestor support they will be pulling their ads too.
I'm sure.

Let me know when that happens.

(09-29-2017, 09:35 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 09:19 AM)jseymour Wrote: When the corporations get pressure for their protestor support they will be pulling their ads too.
I'm sure.

And so it begins...

FTA: 

Towards the end of last season some felt the NFL's ratings dip would be temporary and therefore would not ultimately hurt the networks by forcing them to reimburse advertisers. Instead, the opposite has happened.

Ratings for the the NFL have been worse this season and attendance for some games has also been disappointing. The networks will pay over $5 billion this season to televise the NFL and were already facing unflattering margins on advertising profits. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-29-2017, 09:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 09:35 AM)Frailbones Wrote: I'm sure.

And so it begins...

FTA: 

Towards the end of last season some felt the NFL's ratings dip would be temporary and therefore would not ultimately hurt the networks by forcing them to reimburse advertisers. Instead, the opposite has happened.

Ratings for the the NFL have been worse this season and attendance for some games has also been disappointing. The networks will pay over $5 billion this season to televise the NFL and were already facing unflattering margins on advertising profits. 

That's a combination of several factors, though, and before Trump declared war on his old enemies within the NFL, the anthem protests were low on the list. Concussions in particular have created a lack of interest in football in general. The ridiculously slow pace of games with constant commercial breaks has tuned out TV viewers, the high cost of games in a weak economic period left people at home, even the astronomical salaries that guys command just to throw a ball for three hours a week served to alienate the casual fans. The NFL has had a problem for a long time, Donald Trump just amplified it.

(09-29-2017, 10:21 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 09:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And so it begins...

FTA: 

That's a combination of several factors, though, and before Trump declared war on his old enemies within the NFL, the anthem protests were low on the list. Concussions in particular have created a lack of interest in football in general. The ridiculously slow pace of games with constant commercial breaks has tuned out TV viewers, the high cost of games in a weak economic period left people at home, even the astronomical salaries that guys command just to throw a ball for three hours a week served to alienate the casual fans. The NFL has had a problem for a long time, Donald Trump just amplified it.
I'm also curious if these numbers include RedZone.

(09-30-2017, 08:03 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: There have already been a couple other articles out there about the slump in ticket sales and ratings this week. Even if most of the fans who said they won't watch or go to games don't uphold that commitment, even a small percentage drop is going to hurt the bottom line.

It's especially going to hurt the NFL's efforts to expand overseas if they have a shrinking fanbase in the U.S.

Whether or not you're a fan of Trump, you have to admit that this is a brilliant strategy on his part to deflect from the poor relief efforts in Puerto Rico, the failed travel ban, the failed effort to repeal Obamacare, the proposed tax cuts for the rich, and all the other scandals going on.

Divide and conquer is much more effective than actually addressing the real problems in America.

Speaking of deflection from reality...
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

The Jags have apologized to the city for how they handled the national anthem protest before their game in London.

https://t.co/OFpBZKMGqJ https://t.co/osqSwBoM8N

Looks like the boycott is working lol.

So.... we're gonna start protesting the protesting by taking away something we enjoy?

lol

This is getting more and more stupid every week.

From a tool who sat during the national anthem, to the media that made a big deal of it, to the tool spewing some nonsense about oppression while wearing a shirt of a oppressive dictator, to the arguments about whether he has a right to do it or not, to a handful of people joining in (not to mention a handful of white guys putting a hand on a shoulder thinking they were equally a part of it), to the idiot POTUS chiming in, to the idiots who never wanted to kneel but decided to kneel because Trump pissed them off, to stupid people kneeling for our anthem and standing for their anthem across the pond, to the idiots burning tickets, and the idiots paying for banners, and full circle back to these players/owners back peddling on their stupid choices, and the one who started it all claiming he just wants to play football and will no longer take a knee (so was it ever an actual issue or an attention grab?) and now filing collusion case....

Idiots abound! Ruining Sundays (and Monday nights and Thursday nights)
This is more irritating than the Tebow drama, the Brett Favre retiring drama, and the lockout drama, all combined.

You're all a bunch of idiots. All of you! Kneelers! Criers! Complainers! Constitutionalist! Lefties! Righties!
You are all ruining football by turning it into an extension of election season essentially. With nothing good being done just a bunch of arguing, fighting, and hand wringing over who is right and wrong.

SMH. Nobody cares about your protests! On either side of the argument!
#BringbackfootballtoSundays

I'm boycotting attending the game.. not out of choice, but out of geographical location...
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-17-2017, 03:10 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'm boycotting attending the game.. not out of choice, but out of geographical location...

In that case... consider your invitation to our tailgate for that weekend revoked! Smile

(10-17-2017, 03:13 PM)Perkolater Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 03:10 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'm boycotting attending the game.. not out of choice, but out of geographical location...

In that case... consider your invitation to our tailgate for that weekend revoked!  Smile

Ahh crap, you mean the teal Kool-Aid will have to wait for another time???

(10-17-2017, 03:15 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 03:13 PM)Perkolater Wrote: In that case... consider your invitation to our tailgate for that weekend revoked!  Smile

Ahh crap, you mean the teal Kool-Aid will have to wait for another time???

Yeah... bring your own. Smile

(10-17-2017, 03:42 PM)Perkolater Wrote:
(10-17-2017, 03:15 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Ahh crap, you mean the teal Kool-Aid will have to wait for another time???

Yeah... bring your own.  Smile

Fine... no PBR for you... (I'm sure you'll be devastated)....