Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
San Juan Mayor Is Sabotaging Hurricane Response For Political Reasons

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 09:58 AM by Jagwired.)

It is common knowledge throughout Puerto Rico that the Mayor is a crook and a scam artist. Her political maneuvering might possibly be costing actual lives at this point. Some will tell you that this wouldn't be the first time.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-03-2017, 09:39 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 08:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: False.  

http://www.snopes.com/puerto-rico-teamsters/

So Snopes, by quoting Jimmy Hoffa Jr., who may have never ever even set foot in Puerto Rico, refutes the claim?

Didn't I tell you to stop using Snopes? That's especially true when dealing with anything political.

I was thinking the same thing.  Quoting Hoffa doesn't refute what's happening on the ground in Puerto Rico.  You've got multiple sources actually in there reporting a very different story from Hoffa.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-03-2017, 09:46 AM)Jagwired Wrote: It is common knowledge throughout Puerto Rico that the Mayor is a crook and a  scam artist. Her political maneuvering might possibly be costing actual lives at this point. Some will tell you that this wouldn't be the first time.

But...but...Snopes!
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Older Puerto Ricans knee-deep in mud as they clean up and rebuild.  

[Image: 5dEAYS]

But what of the young, strong Millennials? 

[Image: hEPJVE]
[Image: Utkw5F]
[Image: nTHicF]

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 11:36 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-03-2017, 10:43 AM)FBT Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 09:39 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: So Snopes, by quoting Jimmy Hoffa Jr., who may have never ever even set foot in Puerto Rico, refutes the claim?

Didn't I tell you to stop using Snopes? That's especially true when dealing with anything political.

I was thinking the same thing.  Quoting Hoffa doesn't refute what's happening on the ground in Puerto Rico.  You've got multiple sources actually in there reporting a very different story from Hoffa.

And you've got multiple sources that explain how this supposed truckers strike was made up and then picked up by the right wing media.  If you were at all interested in the truth, you would admit that this "truckers strike" is fake news.  

The fact is, most of the truckers in Puerto Rico are stranded without fuel or cell phone access and can't even get to the trucks they are supposed to be driving.  The Teamsters are recruiting truckers from the mainland to drive the trucks.

It just boggles my mind the way you guys cherry pick "Jim Hoffa" from the Snopes article as if that refutes everything the article said. And then you buy into the right wing agenda-driven media that wants to claim there's a truckers strike when there isn't one. All because you want to defend Trump from unfair attacks. As if telling a lie about a truckers strike is a valid defense. It's crazy.

(10-03-2017, 10:43 AM)FBT Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 09:46 AM)Jagwired Wrote: It is common knowledge throughout Puerto Rico that the Mayor is a crook and a  scam artist. Her political maneuvering might possibly be costing actual lives at this point. Some will tell you that this wouldn't be the first time.

But...but...Snopes!

But...but...truckers strike!  

No, there is no truckers strike.  Admit it.

(10-03-2017, 08:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 01:32 PM)FBT Wrote: Unfortunately, the local trucking union that she is beholding to is locking down the ability to distribute supplies.  

False.  

You can believe that propaganda website that chooses to quote Jimmy Hoffa of all people, but I'm going to believe EVERYONE else who says that only about 20% of the truckers have reported to work.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 11:57 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-03-2017, 11:47 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 08:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: False.  

You can believe that propaganda website that chooses to quote Jimmy Hoffa of all people, but I'm going to believe EVERYONE else who says that only about 20% of the truckers have reported to work.

20% of the truckers have reported to work because their homes have been destroyed, the roads are impassible, and they're trying to find food and shelter for their families.  

And Snopes isn't quoting Jimmy Hoffa, for Chrissakes.   "Jimmy Hoffa" is dead.  It's Jim Hoffa, President of the Teamsters Union, who would certainly know is his own Union was on strike.

You guys are just good little Trump soldiers, aren't you? You make up your own reality to suit an agenda. Oh, no, don't read any fact checking website. It's too embarrassing for you.

(10-03-2017, 11:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 10:43 AM)FBT Wrote: I was thinking the same thing.  Quoting Hoffa doesn't refute what's happening on the ground in Puerto Rico.  You've got multiple sources actually in there reporting a very different story from Hoffa.

And you've got multiple sources that explain how this supposed truckers strike was made up and then picked up by the right wing media.  If you were at all interested in the truth, you would admit that this "truckers strike" is fake news.  

The fact is, most of the truckers in Puerto Rico are stranded without fuel or cell phone access and can't even get to the trucks they are supposed to be driving.  The Teamsters are recruiting truckers from the mainland to drive the trucks.

It just boggles my mind the way you guys cherry pick "Jim Hoffa" from the Snopes article as if that refutes everything the article said.  And then you buy into the right wing agenda-driven media that wants to claim there's a truckers strike when there isn't one.  All because you want to defend Trump from unfair attacks.  As if telling a lie about a truckers strike is a valid defense.  It's crazy.

LOL!  

Talk about fake news!  Nobody is saying it's a "truckers strike."  Simply stating that the local union is making it difficult for anyone to deliver aid to the areas in need.  

There is fuel in Puerto Rico, and the larger transport operations get priority to assure they have the ability to get the aid where it needs to be.

Take Jimmy Hoffa out of the equation.  Snopes has been exposed as a political hack operation, so they're never going to give you a clear vision of the actual story if it dares to taint their beloved leftist views.  That's not defending Trump.  That's simply stating fact.  The agenda driven left wing media (which I'm sure is every preset on your remote) is only going to spin a story in a direction that paints Trump in a bad light regardless of the fact that it may not be an accurate portrayal, which is absolutely the case with the way the administration has responded to 3 major natural disasters in the span of a few weeks.  It started with Melania's shoes after Harvey, and has ended with the media trying to lionize a corrupt mayor because she called this "Trump's Katrina".

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 12:20 PM by The Real Marty.)

(10-03-2017, 11:55 AM)IMIFBT Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 11:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: And you've got multiple sources that explain how this supposed truckers strike was made up and then picked up by the right wing media.  If you were at all interested in the truth, you would admit that this "truckers strike" is fake news.  

It just boggles my mind the way you guys cherry pick "Jim Hoffa" from the Snopes article as if that refutes everything the article said.  And then you buy into the right wing agenda-driven media that wants to claim there's a truckers strike when there isn't one.  All because you want to defend Trump from unfair attacks.  As if telling a lie about a truckers strike is a valid defense.  It's crazy.

LOL!  

Talk about fake news!  Nobody is saying it's a "truckers strike."  Simply stating that the local union is making it difficult for anyone to deliver aid to the areas in need.  

There is fuel in Puerto Rico, and the larger transport operations get priority to assure they have the ability to get the aid where it needs to be.

Take Jimmy Hoffa out of the equation.  Snopes has been exposed as a political hack operation, so they're never going to give you a clear vision of the actual story if it dares to taint their beloved leftist views.  That's not defending Trump.  That's simply stating fact.  The agenda driven left wing media (which I'm sure is every preset on your remote) is only going to spin a story in a direction that paints Trump in a bad light regardless of the fact that it may not be an accurate portrayal, which is absolutely the case with the way the administration has responded to 3 major natural disasters in the span of a few weeks.  It started with Melania's shoes after Harvey, and has ended with the media trying to lionize a corrupt mayor because she called this "Trump's Katrina".

Okay, so there is no truckers strike.  You agree on that.  I find multiple sources in the right wing media claiming there is a truckers strike.

So, if you are willing to admit that anyone claiming there is a truckers strike is a lying sack of [BLEEP], then we have no argument.

So, back to you original assertion.  What is your source for the allegation that the truckers Union is deliberately making it hard to distribute supplies?

(10-03-2017, 11:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 11:47 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You can believe that propaganda website that chooses to quote Jimmy Hoffa of all people, but I'm going to believe EVERYONE else who says that only about 20% of the truckers have reported to work.

20% of the truckers have reported to work because their homes have been destroyed, the roads are impassible, and they're trying to find food and shelter for their families.  

And Snopes isn't quoting Jimmy Hoffa, for Chrissakes.   "Jimmy Hoffa" is dead.  It's Jim Hoffa, President of the Teamsters Union, who would certainly know is his own Union was on strike.

You guys are just good little Trump soldiers, aren't you?  You make up your own reality to suit an agenda.  Oh, no, don't read any fact checking website.  It's too embarrassing for you.

Oh, really? Everyone's house is destroyed. Should they not do anything about their situation, either? That's a poor excuse, and I'd bet you can't support that statement.

It's Jimmy Hoffa... just not THE Jimmy Hoffa.

Snopes is a notoriously biased website. Do you not see it?

The pictures above speak volumes.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

They all look like they’re waiting for the cell phone rapture. [Image: m0168.gif]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-03-2017, 10:44 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Older Puerto Ricans knee-deep in mud as they clean up and rebuild.  

[Image: 5dEAYS]

But what of the young, strong Millennials? 

[Image: hEPJVE]
[Image: Utkw5F]
[Image: nTHicF]

What is really sad is this would be the case just about anywhere.  Far too many people are "lost" without a cell phone connection.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

What's sad is so many see these pictures and automatically assume these people are doing this 24/7 and nothing to help themselves. Is it a crime, or even a bad thing, to want to update relatives or get updates on their own situation? What do you think they're doing, watching Netflix or something even more important, like keeping up with Trump's tweets?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-03-2017, 09:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: What is really sad is this would be the case just about anywhere.  Far too many people are "lost" without a cell phone connection.

Is it wrong to want to let your family know you're ok? We don't know where those pictures were taken. The man shoveling mud might be in a remote village while the crowd around the cell tower is in San Juan itself. I'll tell you this much, if I came through on the back end of that storm, my first priority would be making sure my family was safe, then finding a way to let family on the mainland know I was ok.