Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thanks to everyone that setup these replacement forums

Please give yourself more credit and know you have my appreciation.  I understand teams around the league getting out of the fan forum business and frankly Jaguars.com has gone downhill every year to coincide with the team.  John Oehser's articles aren't very compelling and are a tad condescending.

I hope the post volume and everything associated with this site is going well.  I enjoyed the game day thread and do like having access to fan thoughts day in and day out.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Me tooz. Sucks we lost such a winnable game though, It brings all the dopes out of the woodwork.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

hear hear!

(10-02-2017, 05:25 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Please give yourself more credit and know you have my appreciation.  I understand teams around the league getting out of the fan forum business and frankly Jaguars.com has gone downhill every year to coincide with the team.  John Oehser's articles aren't very compelling and are a tad condescending.

I hope the post volume and everything associated with this site is going well.  I enjoyed the game day thread and do like having access to fan thoughts day in and day out.

Thanks! It's very awesome that we get to continue the legacy of The Jungle and hopefully grow the community a bit!

We are always looking for ways to improve things, so if you have any ideas, let us hear 'em! Otherwise, share the site with everyone you know and we will keep trying to make things better!
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

(10-03-2017, 08:59 PM)Superuser Wrote: Thanks! It's very awesome that we get to continue the legacy of The Jungle and hopefully grow the community a bit!

We are always looking for ways to improve things, so if you have any ideas, let us hear 'em! Otherwise, share the site with everyone you know and we will keep trying to make things better!

I feel like the administrators don't care about my suggestions. I offered some ideas shortly after getting my login credentials and none of those changes were made. Wallbash

Hahahaha

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-03-2017, 09:20 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 08:59 PM)Superuser Wrote: Thanks! It's very awesome that we get to continue the legacy of The Jungle and hopefully grow the community a bit!

I feel like the administrators don't care about my suggestions. I offered some ideas shortly after getting my login credentials and none of those changes were made. Wallbash

That's because they want improvements, not your lame suggestions.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Your suggestions might make the board better for you, it doesn’t mean they actually work for the entire board. It doesn’t mean we don’t care about them, they just didn’t happen to fit into the plan of the board. You did get the thread header box enlarged didn’t you? Not every suggestion you make is going to be used. Try not to take it personally.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I didn't respond publicly to your post, but your comments were added to my running list of proposals and discussed. I didn't see any need to make any post on top of what was already said.

But since you asked,

(06-12-2017, 12:29 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: First of all, a big thanks to everyone who worked so hard to migrate tons of data to a new website so we can all continue to talk about football, politics, and other stuff.

Second, despite the flaws that need to be tackled (pun intended) before we can all be really happy about it, I am thrilled to be able to post again.

Now that does not mean I like what I see here. As usual when a big change is made, I initially hated it and have to learn to like some things. Here are my complaints:

1. Fargin's Flyby makes no sense. We want new members who had never heard of Fargin. Current posters did not know him before they joined the old board. The word flyby made me think of national anthem flyovers.  Also, the Sideline reference in the description is just a reminder we lost the official forum and, again, will confuse newbies.

Suggested changes: Name the off-topic section The Locker Room (not Locker Room Talk, please) and describe it as "The place to talk about everything else except religion" or a similar sentence. Locker rooms are where coaches and players talk about a variety of topics, so it would be better than The Sideline.

2. The Login and Register links should be moved to the right side like they were before because many people don't save their passwords or need to reset them. It is much easier with those links on the right side IMO.

3. The first word in a quoted post has a red underline when I write my reply. I think the triggers are capital letters. They are all spelled correctly. Please fix this.

4. A way to make the forum index cuter is change the gray and white circles on the left to teal and gold footballs.

1) I haven't a clue who/what a Fargin is but I don't see any reason to change it. This was debated publicly in your thread and internally and thus far no reason has been presented that is significant enough (in my opinion) to warrant changing it.

2) The new theme (in development) puts them on the right side (coincidence to the old board I reckon).

3) The red underline in the reply box is from your browser's spelling check engine. The only option we have there is to disable the spelling check entirely for the text box, something nobody wants.  

4) I stopped reading when I got to cuter, but that's because I am a male and don't understand that word. I persisted however and I don't think it would cohesive, especially for the non-football subforums. The new (very teal) theme looks much better anyways...

(10-03-2017, 11:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Your suggestions might make the board better for you, it doesn’t mean they actually work for the entire board. It doesn’t mean we don’t care about them, they just didn’t happen to fit into the plan of the board. You did get the thread header box enlarged didn’t you? Not every suggestion you make is going to be used. Try not to take it personally.

I thought The Locker Room would be beneficial to the entire board and was actually thinking of other people when I proposed changing the name.

What was the plan for the whole board?

(10-04-2017, 10:45 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I thought The Locker Room would be beneficial to the entire board and was actually thinking of other people when I proposed changing the name.

What was the plan for the whole board?

Way more people liked the title of that section than didn’t, and even if someone didn’t know who Fargin was, once they go to that section it’s pretty obvious what the section is for. Plus there is a description under the title, so that helps.

(10-04-2017, 01:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Way more people liked the title of that section than didn’t, and even if someone didn’t know who Fargin was, once they go to that section it’s pretty obvious what the section is for. Plus there is a description under the title, so that helps.

It is just not logical to me that people who never knew Fargin would like the name.

(10-04-2017, 03:53 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 01:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Way more people liked the title of that section than didn’t, and even if someone didn’t know who Fargin was, once they go to that section it’s pretty obvious what the section is for. Plus there is a description under the title, so that helps.

It is just not logical to me that people who never knew Fargin would like the name.

Most people don’t have an issue with others honoring a friend and colleague.

Real Jaguar fans on the message board KNOW who Fargin was..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-04-2017, 05:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Real Jaguar fans on the message board KNOW who Fargin was...

We haven’t had any other complaints.

(10-04-2017, 05:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Real Jaguar fans on the message board KNOW who Fargin was..

I quite disagree that only people who have been on the message board for years are 'real fans'.

Sure, being a member of the board for quite a while can be a badge of honor for you, but someone who joined 2 weeks ago and is an active poster and contributes to the board in a meaningful way is certainly going to fall into the category of "real fan".

(10-04-2017, 10:08 PM)Superuser Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 05:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Real Jaguar fans on the message board KNOW who Fargin was..

I quite disagree that only people who have been on the message board for years are 'real fans'.

Sure, being a member of the board for quite a while can be a badge of honor for you, but someone who joined 2 weeks ago and is an active poster and contributes to the board in a meaningful way is certainly going to fall into the category of "real fan".

1. You don't know that JW is a long time troll. Anyone who has been around long enough knows that the "real fan" moniker was thrown around loosely by the troll. She ridicules others without ANY check by the powers that be here. She has a different set of rules than us.

2. 2 weeks is not accurate. JW has been trolling this place for a long, long time. She gets away with it because she claims to have a disease that makes her unable to stop. I for one call bull. There is a reason her rep is coming up to a -100. She is universally hated by a majority of this forum.

Check the handfuls of usernames that she has posted under, and it should be crystal clear to you. That is, if you care. Most of the others in your circle do not.

(10-08-2017, 05:25 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 10:08 PM)Superuser Wrote: I quite disagree that only people who have been on the message board for years are 'real fans'.

1. You don't know that JW is a long time troll. Anyone who has been around long enough knows that the "real fan" moniker was thrown around loosely by the troll. She ridicules others without ANY check by the powers that be here. She has a different set of rules than us.

2. 2 weeks is not accurate. JW has been trolling this place for a long, long time. She gets away with it because she claims to have a disease that makes her unable to stop. I for one call bull. There is a reason her rep is coming up to a -100. She is universally hated by a majority of this forum.

Check the handfuls of usernames that she has posted under, and it should be crystal clear to you. That is, if you care. Most of the others in your circle do not.

To be clear, I was not speaking about anyone in particular when I said 2 weeks. I actually picked '2 weeks' because I figured it would be clear enough I wasn't trying to specifically mention anyone.

Let me be clear: I work diligently to include no bias in my assessments (which I don't need to make often thanks to the work of the mod team). Believe it or not, but I care about growing the boards and ensuring that everyone follows whatever rules we have.

That being said, it would be MUCH easier to act if others (like yourself) wouldn't feed into what you perceive as trolling. Why don't you just block (or simply ignore) her and let her comments stand out for themselves. Or report what you feel is her breaking the rules. I review everything that is reported (or PMed to me). 

I am going to lock this thread now since it has gone quite off topic.