Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How America Has Silently Accepted the Rage of White Men

(10-06-2017, 04:00 PM)uthill Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 03:41 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They were at the room in about 11-12 minutes. There was no other way out. 

It took an hour to get into the room because the shooting had stopped. You don't just kick open the door to an active-shooter. That's how you get killed.

That makes zero sense.

Which part didn't make sense to you?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-06-2017, 03:41 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 02:16 PM)uthill Wrote: Why did the cops take over an hr to go to the room?

They were at the room in about 11-12 minutes. There was no other way out. 

It took an hour to get into the room because the shooting had stopped. You don't just kick open the door to an active-shooter. That's how you get killed.

True, it's very risky for the cops outside the door. But you need to weigh that with the risk to the civilians who are still alive and still in the line of fire. Being cautious about entering the room might have cost another 50 lives.

And are you 100% sure there was no other way out? The two broken windows were pretty far from each other, which suggests two connected rooms, each with its own exit.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(10-06-2017, 08:50 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 03:41 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They were at the room in about 11-12 minutes. There was no other way out. 

True, it's very risky for the cops outside the door. But you need to weigh that with the risk to the civilians who are still alive and still in the line of fire. Being cautious about entering the room might have cost another 50 lives.

And are you 100% sure there was no other way out? The two broken windows were pretty far from each other, which suggests two connected rooms, each with its own exit.

JnG is right, the cops don't just go "gangbusters" and kick in doors as portrayed by Hollywood, especially if the shooting had stopped.  Had the shooting still been going on that might have been a different story.  According to the timeline that I read, the shooting started at approximately 10:05 and stopped at approximately 10:15.  The officers on scene were there at approximately 10:17.  Between 10:26 and 10:30 eight other officers showed up and started clearing rooms one-by-one.  This is the proper thing to do, especially since there was no shooting going on.

Keep in mind, the first officers on the scene were NOT the SWAT team, they were every day patrol officers (though some might be members of the SWAT team).  You don't just go around busting in doors during an active shooter type of situation, especially if the shooting had stopped.  As I said before, if the shooting was still going on it would have been a different scenario for these officers and they might have responded differently.

People need to keep in mind that this whole thing was a high stress situation on everybody including the officers that initially responded.  Many people look back in hindsight and think that more could have/should have been done.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-06-2017, 02:16 PM)uthill Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 12:05 PM)FBT Wrote: If they're passing you on the right, you're in the wrong lane.  Move over until they don't.  If they're passing you on the shoulder, you're in South Florida and it's the only lane that isn't occupied by people driving 10 under the speed limit!

You mean the patsy that in no way did this? Do you understand what it takes to squeeze off that many rounds? I would like to see a 64 out of shape man do it with little to no training. How did he get a belt gun up to the 32nd floor? Not like you can break it down small. What is the count now? 42 21 33? It keeps changing. Why was shots fired at another hotel at the same time and unconfirmed reports of bodies there transported to where the others ones are? Why are there now 2 reports that i know of where someone was shot facing away from Mandalay Bay? Why did they leave the lights on during the shooting then turn them off after? Why did the cops take over an hr to go to the room?

I questioned this myself.  I know that for me going through 50 or 100 rounds with a rifle at the range does take a toll on me.  However, adrenaline probably comes into play here.

I personally would like to see the autopsy report on this guy.  His shooting shoulder should show signs of bruising and his hands should show signs of firing a weapon.

The rest of your rabble about "belt gun" makes 0 sense.  I also have not seen any reports from a reputable news organization about shots from anywhere else.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-06-2017, 08:50 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

jagibelieve accurately explained the typical response to an active shooter scenario. If the shooting continued, then they likely would have entered the room. 

From what I saw, the rooms were connected but the doors were located next to each other. I don't know for sure but it looked that way on a layout of the hotel room.

(10-06-2017, 11:16 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 08:50 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: True, it's very risky for the cops outside the door. But you need to weigh that with the risk to the civilians who are still alive and still in the line of fire. Being cautious about entering the room might have cost another 50 lives.

jagibelieve accurately explained the typical response to an active shooter scenario. If the shooting continued, then they likely would have entered the room. 

From what I saw, the rooms were connected but the doors were located next to each other. I don't know for sure but it looked that way on a layout of the hotel room.

That makes sense, but if the shooting restarted another ten people could be dead before the door was breached. It's a guess, and the police on the scene guessed in favor of their own safety. I don't blame them for that, but it could have easily been the wrong decision for a lot of other people. And if the cops were outside the door in 11-12 minutes it shouldn't have take another 65 minutes to assemble a team capable of storming the room.

Do you have a link to a layout of the hotel room? I'd like to see anything you have with respect to the crime scene.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 01:37 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(10-07-2017, 11:19 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 11:16 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: jagibelieve accurately explained the typical response to an active shooter scenario. If the shooting continued, then they likely would have entered the room. 

That makes sense, but if the shooting restarted another ten people could be dead before the door was breached. It's a guess, and the police on the scene guessed in favor of their own safety. I don't blame them for that, but it could have easily been the wrong decision for a lot of other people. And if the cops were outside the door in 11-12 minutes it shouldn't have take another 65 minutes to assemble a team capable of storming the room.

Do you have a link to a layout of the hotel room? I'd like to see anything you have with respect to the crime scene.

You’re right. It could have easily changed l, but the standard rule is that they wait unless the shooting continues. If there were explosives on the door, then they would die and the shooting continues. The emergency response team (the first group) is ready to go but they’re not trained for the situation like their TAC team. Besides, I’m not even sure the first group had the means to force open the door. Those hotel doors are heavy. 

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-ameri...0d01737d1d

From the look of it, they could watch both doors at the same time.

(10-05-2017, 10:59 AM)jseymour Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 07:35 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Or... An even better yet article would have been,

"Everyone has problems so quit whining"..

Or even more factual, how everyone is embracing victimhood.

Sadly this is the truth, the greatest oppressor of you is your beliefs. Not claiming the struggle isn't real, but as Zig Zigler says: "If you believe you can, or if you believe you can't, you're right!"

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I'm feeling pretty angry tonight.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-13-2017, 10:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm feeling pretty angry tonight.

Shut it, white boy.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 06:52 AM by Caldrac.)

Always circles back to White America in some shape or form. A few bad apples spoils the barrel so to speak. Of course my views always tend to dig a bit further and CNN and FOX are both guilty of trying to rush over these events and hide evidence like they always do.

It's hilarious now watching these two networks at the gym for an hour simultaneously. CNN will spin anything into how Trump is the white devil and then FOX will try to say he's a saint. They love to piggyback off each other. Everyone has their own little version of the "truth". This is why the media is truly the "great divider". Not your president. Just like the hypocritical nonsense Eminem pulled.

He bashed Bush in the early 2000's and then remained more silent than a mouse fart between the 2008 - 2016 years of Obama's time in office and then decides to show up a little late to the party on the Trump hating campaign. Yet, rappers back in the day loved Trump and used his name as references left and right in songs in a positive light. But as soon as he ran against the left all of a sudden he's the enemy.

That's the problem with this country. The double standards and hypocrisy from everybody is astounding and mind numbing sometimes. But you lose any ground to stand on when you kept quiet about one president who didn't see a single day of peace in office. A man who utilized over 12,000 drone strikes or more during his time in office. A man who was allowing bombs to be dropped on seven different countries all at the same time. A man who was clearly bought off by Wallstreet to get into office. A man who did nothing special for the black community nor his hometown in Chicago. But... he's awesome man. He's the greatest. Nearly forgot he's the man whose sold more weapons overseas than any other president we've had. But he had America in his heart and in it's best interest?

Please. As far as white rage? Please. Like rage is color blind or immune. I feel bad for some of the minorities that get dealt a bad hand here and there. But let's not act like they're angels too. They have just as many problems to clean up just like us white folks. There's been plenty of racism attacks, shootings, slayings and killings by many different people of many different colors in this country. And society hasn't accepted anything about "white rage". That's a bunch of [BLEEP]. If anything you can make the claim that it's being used as a political mouthpiece to push more control and laws that don't need to be there.

I implore people to research the Vegas shooting further. You can start by looking at the Truthstream media channel and Impactflix channel. They always bring up compelling evidence and they do something the media will absolutely NEVER do. They follow...the...money. Cui bono? Who benefits? ALWAYS think about that when [BLEEP] like this happens.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 08:28 AM by The Real Marty.)

The so-called "rage of white men" is a direct product of identity politics. I'm old enough to remember the 60s, when the ideal expressed by liberals, as I was back then, was for everyone to treat everyone else as individuals, with equal and inherent rights and responsibilities. Somewhere along the line, that all changed, and I blame the left and the Democratic Party, which has introduced and promoted identity politics by slicing and dicing the population into subgroups that they purport to represent. So now, when we have a "black student's union" or a "women's studies program," some white men naturally say, why can't we have the same thing?

Then we made it acceptable to tilt the playing field to make up for past injustice, and a lot of people say, hey, that's not fair to me, because I had nothing to do with all those past injustices. What Democrats and the Left have never wanted to understand is that when you tilt the playing field to make up for past injustices, there is also collateral damage- you create a whole new set of victims.

We, meaning society as a whole, have made it acceptable to identify with your particular tribe, and blame the other tribes, AS A GROUP, for your tribe's problems. Hence the rise of "white men" as an acceptable political interest group. A lot of them feel like they've been chased into a corner, sort of like prison where you either join your tribe or you die, because you've been excluded from the other tribe.

Try telling some poor white guy in a trailer park that he has "white privilege." Or tell him that he has to accept discrimination because he's a white guy. Or tell him that everyone else can have their own little club or interest group but he can't because it's racist. It doesn't bear logical scrutiny. We back these people into a corner and then we wonder why they act all weird about stuff like that.

"We need more women candidates." Now why is that statement acceptable? Aren't we all individuals? If a woman votes for a woman because she's a woman, why wouldn't a man vote for a man because he's a man? White men see all these interest groups that represent everyone else, and they wonder, where is my interest group? Why am I the only one who's not supposed to discriminate? Why is it okay for everyone else to discriminate?

I am not one of these white men that I am describing, but I think we have to make more of an effort to understand other people and why they act the way they do. You take some poor white guy who has lost his job, or feels like he might lose his job, and then you tell him you've tilted the playing field against him to make up for past injustices, and then he looks at the Democratic National Convention and he sees "We're gathered here today to represent every group who's ever been victimized by white men," and how is he supposed to feel?

Then the Democrats say, "Oh, my gosh, we lost the election because we lost the poor white men who used to vote for us. How do we get them back?" How stupid can you get?