Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans have #1 scoreing offense.

(10-08-2017, 12:59 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 02:20 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I read no such thing. All mocks showed Leonard Fournette going in the top five. Close to the draft, there was a near consensus he would be our pick at #4. The 3.5 YPC thing is very misleading for a guy who splits carries with two other RBs and does not play with an elite offensive line.

Now all the Dalvinf Cook chatter is on hold because he is done for the season.

Apparently you have no clue in about every post made. When do you think you'll hit a hundred?

What in the world are you talking about?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well damn it we didn't win, but if anyone thinks that Houston doesn't have their franchise QB they are Fing crazy..Deshaun Watson on pace to break the rookie TD record

(10-09-2017, 07:33 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Well damn it we didn't win, but if anyone thinks that Houston doesn't have their franchise QB they are crazy .Deshaun Watson on pace to break the rookie TD record.

Breaking the rookie TD record means nothing in the long run. Do you remember Robert Griffin? He had a sensational rookie season and never came close to being a good QB again.

(10-09-2017, 07:33 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Well damn it we didn't win, but if anyone thinks that Houston doesn't have their franchise QB they are Fing crazy..Deshaun Watson on pace to break the rookie TD record

Oh God please keep thinking so.  Please.

Yeah I’m not sold on Watson and I wanted us to draft the guy. He’s just new and mobile. Now with Watt and Whitney out and he has to carry the team we’ll see what he’s made of. Not saying hell will flame out in 3 years but i just don’t think he’s the next great/elite qb.

He was 3/9 with 1 TD right about near halftime. Racked up those famous Bortles garbage time stats at the end to make it look pretty. He was overthrowing guys and missing them left and right.

So.... garbage time stats only count for the guys we didn't draft?

I'm not gonna sit here and say he's a scrub.
Wasn't a huge fan of his coming out of college... he's played better than I thought he would...

But I remember thinking Bortles was our saviour not too long ago....
Jury is still waaay out on Watson, imo.

Better than Savage/Hoyer? Sure...
Bortles was better than Henne too... which doesn't mean much.

(10-12-2017, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote: So.... garbage time stats only count for the guys we didn't draft?

Wasn't a huge fan of his coming out of college... he's played better than I thought he would...

No, obviously the stats count, just like Blake's did. And how did that turn out? The obvious point is that just because you get stats doesn't mean you're good.

(10-12-2017, 12:21 PM)JNev Wrote: No, obviously the stats count, just like Blake's did. And how did that turn out? The obvious point is that just because you get stats doesn't mean you're good.

This is why I hate statistics. None of them mean anything if you don't know where they came from. Not all interceptions and incompletions are the QB's fault. Not all fumbles are just drops. Not all FG misses are the kicker's fault. But one thing that nobody can dispute is a QB with low passing numbers is not as good as one with high passing numbers because it is a sign he is not a good passer.

(10-12-2017, 12:21 PM)JNev Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote: So.... garbage time stats only count for the guys we didn't draft?

No, obviously the stats count, just like Blake's did. And how did that turn out? The obvious point is that just because you get stats doesn't mean you're good.

That's kinda what I was saying...
A lot of people harp on Bortles' garbage time stats but want to fluff up Watson when a lot of his come while behind.

(10-12-2017, 12:52 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:21 PM)JNev Wrote: No, obviously the stats count, just like Blake's did. And how did that turn out? The obvious point is that just because you get stats doesn't mean you're good.

A lot of people harp on Bortles' garbage time stats but want to fluff up Watson when a lot of his come while behind.

The problem is people think it is okay to compare 3.25 seasons to 4.5 games. That is not logical.

(10-12-2017, 02:10 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:52 PM)Kane Wrote: That's kinda what I was saying...

The problem is people think it is okay to compare 3.25 seasons to 4.5 games. That is not logical.

Who is doing that?

(10-04-2017, 09:31 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Since Watson has become the starting qb texans have the #1 overall scoreing offensse. Jags should'nve traded  thier 2coned round pick to get another first round pick. Watson is a winner. 

I gurantee he has texans in Super Bowl before  jags make the playoffs. Jags missed out again on another winning qb. if jags had gotton watson also with fornate this team would have double threats. teams could'nt stop jags by stacking the box. watson can throw,and run.

Pump the brakes, Wolfie.  Have you seen Fournette play?

The Texans won't beat the Jaguars to the next playoff appearance the way things are going right now.  Watson has done some great stuff since taking over as the starter, but he's starting to build a film collection.  The league will eventually figure out how to defend him, and then we'll see just how good he is.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-12-2017, 02:53 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 02:10 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The problem is people think it is okay to compare 3.25 seasons to 4.5 games. That is not logical.

Who is doing that?

People who talk about how bad Bortles has been most of his career, but seem to love Watson.

(10-05-2017, 07:14 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 08:45 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The 2000 Ravens actually did not have a great RB, just a great defense. Same goes for the 2015 Broncos. They are two examples of why people say "Defense wins championships." I am not thinking about the Super Bowl for any team after only four weeks. So far our offense has not been "boring" because we have a RB committee for now and vast improvements on the OL with only one new starter.

Not true.. They had the 5th best rushing offense in the league to go along with that all time great defense. That was Jamal Lewis' rookie season where he ran for over 1,300+ yards..Lewis would go on to run for over 10,000 yards in his career, including a 2,000 yard season. I would say that they did actually have a great RB. Lewis carried that entire offense..Dilfer didn't exactly strike fear in opposing defenses.
Lewis was lucky enough to have 4 games against the terrible Bengals and terrible browns in the prime of his career those two teams padded his stats tremendously. The defense gave the offense more touches then normal and the passing offense was so inept they ran it a ton. He was a good back but never great just I n a perfect scenario to rack up a ton of yards.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Watson?...I wouldn’t worry about that.

(10-11-2017, 03:24 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 07:33 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Well damn it we didn't win, but if anyone thinks that Houston doesn't have their franchise QB they are crazy .Deshaun Watson on pace to break the rookie TD record.

Breaking the rookie TD record means nothing in the long run. Do you remember Robert Griffin? He had a sensational rookie season and never came close to being a good QB again.

What is the rookie TD record & who currently holds it?
ImATexan

(10-12-2017, 12:52 PM)Kane Wrote:

The only game there were Garbage time stats was the Jags game, which Watson didn't rack up any stats & the KC game. Against the Pats, the Texans actually had the lead a couple of times & within the final minute of the game. Brady won that game coming from behind. 

Tennessee... the Texans ran away with that one.

Still, at the end of the season if the Texans are .500 or worse, I'll call them all garbage time stats.
ImATexan

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2017, 05:37 PM by empty.)

(10-14-2017, 03:17 PM)Thunderkyss Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 03:24 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Breaking the rookie TD record means nothing in the long run. Do you remember Robert Griffin? He had a sensational rookie season and never came close to being a good QB again.

Peyton/Wilson with 26. That is just passing, if you're including rushing it's probably Wilson with 30.

(10-14-2017, 03:17 PM)Thunderkyss Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 03:24 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Breaking the rookie TD record means nothing in the long run. Do you remember Robert Griffin? He had a sensational rookie season and never came close to being a good QB again.

I don't know. My point is you should not declare any rookie the franchise QB and franchise savior just because his first year he won awards or played in the Pro Bowl.