Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mark Cuban Considering 2020 Presidential Run

(10-05-2017, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 01:24 PM)boudreaumw Wrote: [font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Definition of rube
1:an awkward unsophisticated person :rustic

:a naive or inexperienced person
[/font]

If you knew the definition you have no excuse for such poor usage.

Sure he does, if he's a [font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]rube[/font]

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It used to be that only certain qualified people were taken seriously when they said they were considering running for president. Now anybody who is well known to the public from Kanye, to Clooney to Cuban are considered contenders in certain circles. Our political system has become a laughing stock and I think this ridiculous two party system to blame. We either have to vote for some right wing dictator or some left wing nutjob. Nobody is a moderate anymore. We need more options from truly qualified people, not just celebrities who want to stroke their own egos.

(10-05-2017, 06:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It used to be that only certain qualified people were taken seriously when they said they were considering running for president. Now anybody who is well known to the public from Kanye, to Clooney to Cuban are considered contenders in certain circles. Our political system has become a laughing stock and I think this ridiculous two party system to blame. We either have to vote for some right wing dictator or some left wing nutjob. Nobody is a moderate anymore. We need more options from truly qualified people, not just celebrities who want to stroke their own egos.

You forgot to include the most obvious unqualified celebrity, TRUMP

(10-06-2017, 03:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 06:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It used to be that only certain qualified people were taken seriously when they said they were considering running for president. Now anybody who is well known to the public from Kanye, to Clooney to Cuban are considered contenders in certain circles. Our political system has become a laughing stock and I think this ridiculous two party system to blame. We either have to vote for some right wing dictator or some left wing nutjob. Nobody is a moderate anymore. We need more options from truly qualified people, not just celebrities who want to stroke their own egos.

You forgot to include the most obvious unqualified celebrity, TRUMP

I assumed he was a given. He started this whole ridiculous trend. Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 06:14 AM by The Real Marty.)

I'm all in favor of electing more moderate people.  I consider myself a raging moderate. Conservative in some ways, liberal in others.

But I think anyone who is legally qualified should be able to run.  We shouldn't have to restrict ourselves to politicians.

(10-04-2017, 09:12 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 03:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Cubes is a hot head. Ever seen his sideline antics with the refs? Not sure I want that guy holding the nuclear football.

Not to mention, this guy managed to take a good basketball team and turn them into a bottom feeder overnight. Think of what he would do to the country.

And yet...

[Image: 1hier6.jpg]

I don't care who you voted for, that's funny right there.

(10-05-2017, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 01:24 PM)boudreaumw Wrote: [font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Definition of rube

[/font]

If you knew the definition you have no excuse for such poor usage.

It's very clear he knows the definition. What's not quite so clear is if you think he's referring to all who voted for Trump as rubes.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 11:38 AM by WingerDinger.)

Awwwwww poor wittle wibrals still cwying cuz of big bad Trump..

Get over it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-04-2017, 03:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 02:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: Just do what Ireland did and hire the most socially "in fashion" candidate to lead the country.

In our case a homosexual Indian immigrant doctor who has no idea what he's doing but the media loves him!

Who cares if he was horrible as the health minister, hes good at photo ops and gives us a fresh new image.

Dang .... I had no idea until I just googled it.

Definitely gives you all a new image alright.   I always picture you all as a fun loving group having a few pints while watching a soccer or rugby match at the local pub.  Fun loving is taking on a whole new perspective   Laughing

I just read that Ireland approved of a stamp commemorating a mass murderer. What's happening over there?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(10-07-2017, 10:44 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you knew the definition you have no excuse for such poor usage.

It's very clear he knows the definition. What's not quite so clear is if you think he's referring to all who voted for Trump as rubes.

We know from his history his stance on that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Anyone remember that ultimate failure of a reality show Cuban hosted called The Benefactor? LOL.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 07:56 PM by boudreaumw.)

(10-04-2017, 12:44 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 12:29 PM)boudreaumw Wrote: Based on what all the rubes on the right claimed during 2016, Cuban is vastly more qualified to be prez since he is an actual accomplished entrepreneur. That would require a shred of consistency on their part however.

He's also admitted that he's been fired from multiple jobs, had credit cards shredded, numerous failed businesses.....so the same thing that you're killing Trump for the same thing has happened to Cuban.

True but I also don't think Cuban would be a good president nor should he run. He has zero qualification. Just like trump had none.

(10-09-2017, 08:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 10:44 AM)rollerjag Wrote: It's very clear he knows the definition. What's not quite so clear is if you think he's referring to all who voted for Trump as rubes.

We know from his history his stance on that.

Laughing